MMQB's 2018 Top 100 Draft Board

26CornerBlitz

10 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Hard to believe that the Bills couldn’t get any one of the last three guys.

Im'k ok with Baker and Lamar you can keep Josh. You'l have to trade up for sure for Baker

• Like (+1) 1

I'm ok if Mayfield falls to us.  Hoping that some team get scared off or find something at the combine to downgrade him.  I don't want any of the other we could get at pick 21 and don't want to trade up to the top 2 or 3 for Rosen and Darnold.  The reasons:

- the cost will be too high -- we will not be able to fill other holes we need to fill

- Rosen will make it, I have doubts on Darnold so there's only one for me.

- I would trade up a few positions ( 3-5 spots) to get Mayfield, but no more than that.  

Sign Bradford to an incentive contract let Peterman compete with him and draft a QB in rd 2 or 3 in case we need another next year.  Trade down in the first round and get more picks we need OG, DT and LB's and we need more than a few.

Accuracy is the necessary trait of a franchise QB. The top 3 have it.  The bottom 2 don't! I think the Browns will take Darnold followed by Rosen to the Giants.  That leaves Mayfield. If the Broncos get Cousins and the Jets pick Allen, you could see Mayfield slip down to the early teens. The cost to trade up from 21 to 14 (ahead of Arizona)would be reasonable.  Mayfield is a bit immature but does have Moxie. A little like JP Losman in terms of maturity but Losman didn't have short to intermediate accuracy. Allen sure looks the part but 56% completion?  That stinks and the windows are smaller in the NFL. Mason Rudolph is fairly accurate but can't extend plays like Mayfield. Rudolph also has small hands!

Bottom line- Moving up to the low teens for Mayfield makes a lot of sense to me.

1 hour ago, VirginiaMike said:

I'm ok if Mayfield falls to us.  Hoping that some team get scared off or find something at the combine to downgrade him.  I don't want any of the other we could get at pick 21 and don't want to trade up to the top 2 or 3 for Rosen and Darnold.  The reasons:

- the cost will be too high -- we will not be able to fill other holes we need to fill

- Rosen will make it, I have doubts on Darnold so there's only one for me.

- I would trade up a few positions ( 3-5 spots) to get Mayfield, but no more than that.  

We might BE one of the teams that get scared off. If he passed through 21 & 22 (won't Happen) this place would crash and burn. Also, 

Finally somebody agreeing with my assessment that James Daniels a better center than Billy Price. MUCH, MUCH better. I know it's QB topic but saw top 50 and stopped feeling like the lone Wolf

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Interesting.

Rudolph isn't even in the top 50.

I still think Mayfield will be the best of this bunch, but other than Allen, I'll take any of the other QBs on that list  :flirt: 

Gotta disagree with ya. Rosen will be the cream of this crop. He will learn to keep his mouth shut on matters non-football related, and let his playing drive him to success. Just my humble opinion,  but he has more natural talent than the rest.

2 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Gotta disagree with ya. Rosen will be the cream of this crop. He will learn to keep his mouth shut on matters non-football related, and let his playing drive him to success. Just my humble opinion,  but he has more natural talent than the rest.

Fair enough, but talent only gets you so far.

Drive.  Determination.  Competitive fire go a long way.

Rosen might be the most talented, but a lot of the "reports" question how much he loves the game.  That, to me, is a huge red flag.

No one questions Mayfield's love for the game.

2 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Darnold 

Mayfield 

Jackson 

Any of these QBs get me excited. 

OK - what about Darnold gets people excited?  I get that he was the top prospect entering the season, but he was NOT GREAT this year, too many picks, bad against good defenses, and he was already known to have horrible mechanics.  He has bust written all over him to my eyes - but I'm not even sure he won't end up being the guy who falls down the draft board.

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Fair enough, but talent only gets you so far.

Drive.  Determination.  Competitive fire go a long way.

Rosen might be the most talented, but a lot of the "reports" question how much he loves the game.  That, to me, is a huge red flag.

No one questions Mayfield's love for the game.

True enough. On the flip side, drive and love for the game only go so far too...ala Tebow, etc etc. Ya need both. Rosen reminds me so much of Jimbo at that age. Attitude AND skill. But, I digress. We will see soon enough

10 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

OK - what about Darnold gets people excited?  I get that he was the top prospect entering the season, but he was NOT GREAT this year, too many picks, bad against good defenses, and he was already known to have horrible mechanics.  He has bust written all over him to my eyes - but I'm not even sure he won't end up being the guy who falls down the draft board.

Bust written all over him? I like how he anticipates throws. He has it physically and mentally. Needs work on mechanics, but I don't care much about mechanics. His upside is unlimited. Reminds me of Winston on the field. 

Needs to make better decisions obviously, but mistakes will happen when you're a young QB using anticipation. Most of the other QBs don't. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 26CornerBlitz changed the title to MMQB's 2018 Top 100 Draft Board