PFF Rates the Bills 2nd in 2017 Pass Blocking Efficiency

26CornerBlitz

I guess the zone blocking scheme was better for pass blocking than for run blocking.

Oh, and Taylor still took a dump truck load of sacks. There is no way you can put that on the oline. Just his style of play.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

I guess the zone blocking scheme was better for pass blocking than for run blocking.

Oh, and Taylor still took a dump truck load of sacks. There is no way you can put that on the oline. Just his style of play.

Right.  It's all Taylor's fault.  If only he didn't try to extend plays when the defenders were in on him almost before he got the snap ... thanks to that wonderfully "efficient" OL.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Right.  It's all Taylor's fault.  If only he didn't try to extend plays when the defenders were in on him almost before he got the snap ... thanks to that wonderfully "efficient" OL.

:lol:

The stench of desperation is overwhelming.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, MJS said:

He also made a lot of defenders miss which probably helps that rating....

Of course we cant talk about that right?

4 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

yes we can but how many sacks were because of Taylor's inability to read the defenses thus throwing the receiver open ? Don't want to argue with a fellow Riverside Countian ... just don't see an way TT could be a Super Bowl QB in Orchard Park......and if not, we must find one who IS capable

10 minutes ago, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

yes we can but how many sacks were because of Taylor's inability to read the defenses thus throwing the receiver open ? Don't want to argue with a fellow Riverside Countian ... just don't see an way TT could be a Super Bowl QB in Orchard Park......and if not, we must find one who IS capable

My fellow Riversidian I think the sacks are more running out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage then not throwing the receivers open (which is also a problem)

It will be interesting to see how this number goes up or down with the incoming qb whoever that is

• Like (+1) 1

People slam Castillo a lot (not saying it's unwarranted...) but our o line did pas protect better under him. 

IIRC that was the case when I looked at his o line's numbers in previous stops. His o line's were usually pretty good in pass protection. 

Thats something that that could be important depending on what the Bills do at QB...

Our pass pro was terrible against talented fronts.

The only reason were rated high is cuz tyrod starts to move in and out the pocket when he cant read the coverage properly.

This OLine was garbage this passed season. Look at the LAC game or @ NYJ or...you know what fkc it. Our offense sucked bagski this season. Thanks Dennison!

Edit: Castillo also gets an award for making a flawed offense even worse.

Edited by FearLess Price
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Hemet said:

I suppose it depends on methodology- was pff separating qb play from offensive line play in this metric? I don’t love pff but they tend to be good about that type of distinction 

59 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

Ryan,

Can you stay on topic?  Tyrod says he is sorry about your sister

The topic has nothing to do with whoever Ryan is or my sister pal. 

It’s about a 2nd ranked OL that was thrown under the bus because #cot all year long.  

Hope they can keep it up for Darnold, Rosen, or Baker. 

37 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

Our pass pro was terrible against talented fronts.

The only reason were rated high is cuz tyrod starts to move in and out the pocket when he cant read the coverage properly.

This OLine was garbage this passed season. Look at the LAC game or @ NYJ or...you know what fkc it. Our offense sucked bagski this season. Thanks Dennison!

Edit: Castillo also gets an award for making a flawed offense even worse.

I don't believe this metric has anything to do with the QB. Many pressures aren't the OL's fault.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

9 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

The topic has nothing to do with whoever Ryan is or my sister pal. 

It’s about a 2nd ranked OL that was thrown under the bus because #cot all year long.  

Hope they can keep it up for Darnold, Rosen, or Baker. 

Actually Ryan

It has nothing to do with the supposid COT either who does not play on the field but in your delusion I would not expect you to understand that.

I am quite sure a new QB will be there for you to blame....who it is not quite clear yet.

2 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

proves what we knew. Taylor held on to the ball too long on many plays.  

Yes he did