The Top 5 Buffalo Bills Fullbacks Of The Past 30 Years

BuffaloRush

1 hour ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Seems that way. But they also still had halfbacks who generally received most of the handoffs I believe 

Cookie and Carleton each were sort of HB/FB.  I always looked at Wray more as the FB since Cookie got more carries usually.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Maine-iac said:

Mueller was a pretty damn good FB.  I don't know I'd add him to the list of best FB's but Larry Kennebrew destroyed some team we played back in the day in a game that's stuck in my mind ever since.

In actuality Mueller’s numbers weren’t as great as I thought.  He made one huge TD to win a game vs The Jets in 1990 but that’s pretty much his claim to fame. 

Kinnebrew had some nice season with Cincy but was fairly broken down in 1989.  He too had a fairly indistinguishable.   More like Harmon Kinnebrew 

40 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I want a 30 for 30 on him!! 

Come on boys... I said all joking aside.  Focusing strictly on his play on the football field 

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

In actuality Mueller’s numbers weren’t as great as I thought.  He made one huge TD to win a game vs The Jets in 1990 but that’s pretty much his claim to fame. 

Kinnebrew had some nice season with Cincy but was fairly broken down in 1989.  He too had a fairly indistinguishable.   More like Harmon Kinnebrew 

Come on boys... I said all joking aside.  Focusing strictly on his play on the football field 

Tell me the last FB we had that ran for 120 yards.  Kennebrew was a monster.  He didn't have moves he just ran people over.  I'm not sure if you are just looking up stats and regurgitating but for anyone who was alive and watching he wasn't week in and week out like Thurman and Davis but he was a beast and was fun to watch.

2 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Jim Braxton was by far the best in Bills history!

2 stats about Braxton that I still find amazing- 1973 in the final game where oj carried over 30 times for 200 yards to get 2000, Braxton carried 24 for 98.  Also, 1975, OJ had over 1800 yards rushing, Braxton over 800. Just a remarkable running game we had.

52 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

FWIW, Kinnebrew was way better than most of these guys. McIntyre was the most interesting period. His play off the field was hilarious.

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

FWIW, Kinnebrew was way better than most of these guys. McIntyre was the most interesting period. His play off the field was hilarious.

Nope Kinnebrew essentially played one season with the Bills.  He rushed for 531 yards which is pretty good.  But he does not make my list and was not better than my Top 5.  

5 hours ago, klos63 said:

2 stats about Braxton that I still find amazing- 1973 in the final game where oj carried over 30 times for 200 yards to get 2000, Braxton carried 24 for 98.  Also, 1975, OJ had over 1800 yards rushing, Braxton over 800. Just a remarkable running game we had.

Yeah..problem is I specified the time period.  Braxton is not eligible for this Top 5  

8 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Nope Kinnebrew essentially played one season with the Bills.  He rushed for 531 yards which is pretty good.  But he does not make my list and was not better than my Top 5.  

Yeah..problem is I specified the time period.  Braxton is not eligible for this Top 5  

No problem, I was replying to someone else's post.