The Top 5 Buffalo Bills Fullbacks Of The Past 30 Years

BuffaloRush

So my last “Top 5” thread was panned badly by some for being too negative.   Speaking of negative many have said Fullback is a “dead position” in the NFL.  Let’s take a second and remember the good times...or the good ones.  Here goes a new attempt at a fun thread and a question that’s not easy to answer.  Who was the best Bills FB of all time?!?!?  Here are my Top 5 fullbacks from my perspective:

5.  Corey McIntyre - All jokes aside this guy was the prefect blocking fullback.  The ideal player to run ahead of Fred Jackson. 

4. Jerome Felton Spencer - He was signed to a deal that was not favorable to the team but the dude could play FB.  A punishing blocker who also could catch when given the opportunity.

3. Carwell Gardiner - when Polian drafted him in Round 2, I’m sure he saw more of a Tom Rathman sort of role in the K-Gun.  But Carwell made some huge blocks for Thurman and Kenneth Davis and also made the Pro Bowl.  He could carry the ball if he had to as well.  

2. San Gash - Tremendous blocker who opened up huge holes and made average RB’s like Antwan Smith and Johnathan Linton look great. 

1. Larry Centers - only played 1 year in Buffalo but had an amazing impact.  He caught 80 balls as a FB.  Unreal.  Unfortunately his team was bad, but Larry is #1 in my book.  

Honorable Mention:

Jaime Mueller (not that good but memorable)

Nate Turner (Too many injuries)

Tim Tindale (Could have been used better)

Frank Sommers (meh)

Patrick DiMarco (Overpaid and Underperformed)

Mike Tolbert (Never again)

Edited by BuffaloRush
  • Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

So my last “Top 5” thread was panned badly by some for being too negative.   Speaking of negative many have said Fullback is a “dead position” in the NFL.  Let’s take a second and remember the good times...or the good ones.  Here goes a new attempt at a fun thread and a question that’s not easy to answer.  Who was the best Bills FB of all time?!?!?  Here are my Top 5 fullbacks from my perspective:

5.  Corey McIntyre - All jokes aside this guy was the prefect blocking fullback.  The ideal player to run ahead of Fred Jackson. 

4. Jerome Felton Spencer - He was signed to a deal that was not favorable to the team but the dude could play FB.  A punishing blocker who also could catch when given the opportunity.

3. Carwell Gardiner - when Polian drafted him in Round 2, I’m sure he saw more of a Tom Rathman sort of role in the K-Gun.  But Carwell made some huge blocks for Thurman and Kenneth Davis and also made the Pro Bowl.  He could carry the ball if he had to as well.  

2. San Gash - Tremendous blocker who opened up huge holes and made average RB’s like Antwan Smith and Johnathan Linton look great. 

1. Larry Centers - only played 1 year in Buffalo but had an amazing impact.  He caught 80 balls as a FB.  Unreal.  Unfortunately his team was bad, but Larry is #1 in my book.  

Honorable Mention:

Jaime Mueller (not that good but memorable)

Nate Turner (Too many injuries)

Tim Tindale (Could have been used better)

Frank Sommers (meh)

Patrick DiMarco (Overpaid and Underperformed)

Mike Tolbert (Never again)

Jim Braxton was by far the best in Bills history!

46 minutes ago, FluffHead said:

Felton Spencer was 7 foot 2. And he never played in the NFL. 

i was wondering who Jerome Felton Spencer was. i knew exactly who he meant but wanted too razz him... unless Rhoda was a London Fletcher Baker kind of deal