Gregg Rosenthal: Veteran AFC & NFC Players Who Could Be Released

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

Great locker room guy,but let's face the facts..he is only worthy of a back up role now..if that.His "let's go out and kick some ***" train of thought is awesome for sure. .but his legs are telling him otherwise..he is slow now and became a liability starting with the road night game at the jets and vs the saints..jmho

Disagree. He was used in the proper role as an edge rusher late in the leason and looked great in the playoff game.   That's how he's expected to be utilized in 2018. 

18 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Disagree. He was used in the proper role as an edge rusher late in the leason and looked great in the playoff game.   That's how he's expected to be utilized in 2018. 

That's a mistake in coaching the position..why would you play him in the edge behind hughes? Alexander tried to lay off many,many times last year to cover a RB coming out on a expected pattern and he couldn't adapt.A upgraded is needed there..he does not display the role of a pure olb.The game is to quick for his style of play..face the facts..he is most likely gone. McD wants a tough in your face take no prisoners defense and he will get his way.OLB's should be your toughest,strongest and some of the most athletic players on the roster..Alexander no longer fits that mold.

Edited by Misterbluesky

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:38 PM, billsfan_34 said:

Peterman isnt ready, not even close.

That's what many said about Goff, after the Rams WISELY let him play a full season.

Unfortunately, we didn't do that with Peterman, so no one really knows.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

That's what many said about Goff, after the Rams WISELY let him play a full season.

Unfortunately, we didn't do that with Peterman, so no one really knows.

Peterman isn’t Goff, not even close. This kid has a very long way to go and it starts by riding the pine and getting reps in practice. He cant read an NFL defense and his arm is just adequate. When the Bills grab a QB thru the draft or FA or both and if they keep TT Peterman may be the odd man out.

Just now, billsfan_34 said:

Peterman isn’t Goff, not even close. This kid has a very long way to go and it starts by riding the pine and getting reps in practice. He cant read an NFL defense and his arm is just adequate. When the Bills grab a QB thru the draft or FA or both and if they keep TT Peterman may be the odd man out.

How do you know any of this?

He played 30 minutes of totally unprepared football against a solid defense who ate him alive; then played a game in 8 feet of snow.

No one knows how good or bad he is.  Nobody.  Because we'd rather end a drought for nothing than evaluate the one QB who will be on the team next year.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

How do you know any of this?

He played 30 minutes of totally unprepared football against a solid defense who ate him alive; then played a game in 8 feet of snow.

No one knows how good or bad he is.  Nobody.  Because we'd rather end a drought for nothing than evaluate the one QB who will be on the team next year.

It is his job to be prepared which he was not.

5 picks in one half- puke

Chad Pennington type arm in Buffalo doesnt work

it wasnt 8 feet of snow lol I was there but it was crummy nonetheless 

I hope he proves me wrong I really do but doubt it. There is a reason why the Bills are heavy in the QB hunt right now. 

9 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

I hope he proves me wrong I really do but doubt it. There is a reason why the Bills are heavy in the QB hunt right now. 

Did you hear the post game presser from the Chargers D?  

“The guy  didn’t even try to block me”.  

Nate was bad as well as the Oline that game, as well as tbe Defense.   

57 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Chad Pennington type arm in Buffalo doesnt work

You owe an apology to Chad Pennington's arm. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Haha (+1) 1

8: Inches of snow that fell between 12 noon and 4:00 pm during Sunday's Bills-Colts game.

16: The approximate number of inches of snow that fell throughout the day and night in Orchard Park on Sunday.

15 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

wasnt 8 feet of snow lol I was there but it was crummy nonetheless

38 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

8: Inches of snow that fell between 12 noon and 4:00 pm during Sunday's Bills-Colts game.

16: The approximate number of inches of snow that fell throughout the day and night in Orchard Park on Sunday.

Ya I was there 

42 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Did you hear the post game presser from the Chargers D?  

“The guy  didn’t even try to block me”.  

Nate was bad as well as the Oline that game, as well as tbe Defense.   

Yeah, that accounts for all 5 picks. 

On 2/13/2018 at 1:58 PM, billsfan_34 said:

Hey 26, I know this has been discussed but I am going to go on the record now.

- I dont want to over pay for a FA QB- Cousins worries me when the game is on the line

- Keeping TT and drafting our guy makes much more sense to me. Let a rook sit a year and learn. Heck, and if he beats out TT so be it, then we have a solid 2 while Peterman develops into a 2.

- We have a ton of holes, I would rather sit tight at 21 and take the best QB available wether it is Lamar Jackson or Mason Rudolph. Use the rest of our picks for the many holes we have and we all know what they are.

Go Bills

I'm sorry but I so, so hate this thinking, "sitting tight" to get what likely is a worse QB for some other meaningless position like LB or CB that won't help the bills in the least is dumb, Taylor was a completely terrible QB last season and you're letting down ever other player if you don't upgrade away from him. The only answer to the 2018 draft is spend as many assets as you need to get the QB you think will be the most successful and start him on day one.

On 2/17/2018 at 5:46 PM, OldTimer1960 said:

I’m not a Taylor hater, but the indignation that some of these national reporters express about Taylor’s benching is waaaaay over the top.  In the 2 games right after his benching he threw for 164 yards and 0 TDS against KC and then 85 (eighty-five) yards against NE.  Keep in mind that the much-maligned Peterman managed 92 yards and 2 TDS in a blinding snowstorm the next week.

That doesn’t scream mid-level starter to me.  I don’t think there will be a great bidding war for him.

First off........your stats are wrong......Peterman was 5 of 10 for 50 yards and threw 1 TD and had 1 fumble in the Colts game and failed to finish the game(again).........it was the Colts.......almost inarguably the least talented team in the entire NFL........a dome team on the road in the snow.  :lol:

KC and NE were actual playoff teams.........Taylor won the game on the road in KC.........and kept the Bills in the game against the would-be AFC champions for 3 quarters in Foxboro.  

Peterphiles would have been going insane with excitement if they got that kind of performance from Nate.......and lamenting the overturned TD pass to Benjamin.

Bottom line........Taylor was solid in those two games........which was what they needed.........that well managed KC win absolutely salvaged McD from a mountain of criticism that could have undermined his future in Buffalo after the debacle in Los Angeles.

3 hours ago, greeneblitz said:

I'm sorry but I so, so hate this thinking, "sitting tight" to get what likely is a worse QB for some other meaningless position like LB or CB that won't help the bills in the least is dumb, Taylor was a completely terrible QB last season and you're letting down ever other player if you don't upgrade away from him. The only answer to the 2018 draft is spend as many assets as you need to get the QB you think will be the most successful and start him on day one.

Cool, the only position that matters now is QB.