Gregg Rosenthal: Veteran AFC & NFC Players Who Could Be Released

26CornerBlitz

2 minutes ago, Direhard Fan said:

Too bad K-9.  I'm sorry.  I love TT and think 18m is really cheap for a leader.  We have too much dead money to afford the big buck QB in free agency.  Build the lines first and the rest will follow.

No, we don't

5 minutes ago, Direhard Fan said:

Too bad K-9.  I'm sorry.  I love TT and think 18m is really cheap for a leader.  We have too much dead money to afford the big buck QB in free agency.  Build the lines first and the rest will follow.

I can see valid reasons to keep him. But I don’t confuse that with thinking he’s a very good QB; just the best we have at the moment.

Just now, Mark Vader said:

So do I.

No reason to release Alexander. His cap hit is nothing to be concerned with.

Although they need to use him strictly as a pass rusher.

100% in agreement and you can add in his important role as a veteran leader who is highly respected. 

Just now, Limeaid said:

"Like to complain, whine, etc" is not same as "pay close attention" unless you like that kind of thing.

Here in the DC region Buffalo gets little respect even though their overall record is slightly better than the Skins and then when they made the playoffs you heard all sorts of incorrect “reporting” of facts.  

If they actually did some research they would not have reported the garbage. 

SMH ?‍♀️ 

• Like (+1) 1

Now we have the NFC version from Rosenthal: Dez, Jordy among cut candidates across the NFL

Quinn would be a good candidate for the Bills if he is indeed released.

3) Robert Quinn, DE, Los Angeles Rams Quinn is only 27 years old, which helps explain why the Rams have been patient in hoping for him to recover the breathtaking form he showed so early in his career. Staying healthy in 2017 was a big step after two seasons plagued by back issues and other injuries, but he wasn't the snap-to-snap force he was before. It would cost the Rams $12.4 million against the cap in 2018 to see if Quinn can recapture his old magic. With as much cap space as there seems to be around the league, that sounds like a fair price.

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Gregg Rosenthal: Veteran AFC & NFC Players Who Could Be Released
On 2/13/2018 at 8:58 PM, billsfan_34 said:

Hey 26, I know this has been discussed but I am going to go on the record now.

- I dont want to over pay for a FA QB- Cousins worries me when the game is on the line

- Keeping TT and drafting our guy makes much more sense to me. Let a rook sit a year and learn. Heck, and if he beats out TT so be it, then we have a solid 2 while Peterman develops into a 2.

- We have a ton of holes, I would rather sit tight at 21 and take the best QB available wether it is Lamar Jackson or Mason Rudolph. Use the rest of our picks for the many holes we have and we all know what they are.

Go Bills

Do u have any other reason other then holes on the team to settle for Rudolph or Jackson?  If we waited to fix all our holes before making a bold move for a true franchise caliber QB. We will be waiting forever.  

Alexander was much slower in 2017. He did not seem to have the presence of mind 2 complete the plays as necessary, but it also was a lack of football ability relating to speed essentially and quickness. If he is back in 2018 it will be because his abilities to still contribute on special teams and being a nice guy

But I don't want him back, we can have a younger fella bring the same to the table

6 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Do u have any other reason other then holes on the team to settle for Rudolph or Jackson?  If we waited to fix all our holes before making a bold move for a true franchise caliber QB. We will be waiting forever.  

When you overpay for a qb wether its FA or sellin the farm for a higher pick it can get a franchise in serious trouble- high risk high reward. See Aaron Rodger when he went down this year. A top qb masks many things but when he goes down, buyer beware. Just my opinion

On 2/13/2018 at 2:00 PM, billsfan11 said:

I thought Alexander signed a 1 year deal last year and was a free agent now?

Didn’t know he was still under contract for 2018

It is a two year deal and not big money. He still has great value as a situational player, special teamer, and locker room leader. Not going anywhere. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

When you overpay for a qb wether its FA or sellin the farm for a higher pick it can get a franchise in serious trouble- high risk high reward. See Aaron Rodger when he went down this year. A top qb masks many things but when he goes down, buyer beware. Just my opinion

In my opinion in most cases your damned if u do damned if u don't.  If u have a feel for what u want then u go get it and live with the results. All I'm saying is don't let holes at other positions get in the way. 

• Like (+1) 1