Cardinals owner: We'll be aggressive in finding a QB

9 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Man, its really amazing how afraid some of you guys sound about trying to upgrade the QB position...well, to each his own, I guess...I just hope our FO doesnt operate out of the same fear, because, to me, trying to upgrade a bottom three passing attack shouldn’t really be making people this hesitant- or at least one would think.

You can keep saying that all you want, that I'm afraid :o to upgrade the QB position.  Last 2 times we got to 9-7 we immediately dumped our QB (or he dumped us) and we went back in the tank.  No thanks.  I'm 100% for UPGRADING the QB position.

But it's gotta be an upgrade.  Somebody we can win with that's not gonna be a science experiment that takes 3 years of losing to complete.  Cousins would be an upgrade I guess. I could go with McCarron due to his play in 2015 and college career.  I don't see any rookie stepping and winning this year with the possible exception of maybe Mayfield.  Certainly not Darnold or Allen or Jackson or Rudolph. Heck to the No for Bradford or McClown or Fitz or Bridgewater.

I know yall love to say you don't hit the ones you don't swing at.  True.  But sometimes the one you don't swing at gets you to first.  You steal second.  A ground out sends you to third, and a deep fly ball gets you home.  Pitchers and catchers report today made me think of that:D.

I'm digging this winning thing. Keep the train rolling. 

And yes, I do want to win a Super Bowl.

Edited by reddogblitz

4 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I love these Tyrod debates. People cherry pick a sample size that proves their point. Then people respond with another cherry picked sample size. Both sides think they’re right and it never ends. The bottom line is that Tyrod was both good and bad but isn’t good enough to commit to long term. He’s a mediocre QB who can help a team be mediocre. It’s the worst spot to be in I think.

Five points :

• I love these Tyrod debates too. Obviously.
  • Of course people cherry pick a sample size that proves their point. Mine covers fifteen games - almost the equivalent of an entire season - is spread over two years, and happens to be the only time the Buffalo Bills organization put a real Number One & Two receiver on the field with Taylor. If yer gonna "cherry-pick", that seems a pretty relevant place to start, don't ya think?
  • And yet when he had two legit NFL receivers he wasn't "mediocre", was he? We've come full circle : Me providing evidence which you studiously ignore.
  • Of course you're not even a top-ten offender. I love people who say Taylor refuses to throw downfield, ignoring the friggin 8.25 ypa when he actually had a real Number One target to throw to
  • Unless The Bills manage to significantly upgrade their receivers, offensive line, back-up runners, and scheme, you might want to get ready for more "mediocre" QBs to come. There's always tomorrow for dreams to come true, eh?

1 hour ago, grb said:

Five points :

• I love these Tyrod debates too. Obviously.
  • Of course people cherry pick a sample size that proves their point. Mine covers fifteen games - almost the equivalent of an entire season - is spread over two years, and happens to be the only time the Buffalo Bills organization put a real Number One & Two receiver on the field with Taylor. If yer gonna "cherry-pick", that seems a pretty relevant place to start, don't ya think?
  • And yet when he had two legit NFL receivers he wasn't "mediocre", was he? We've come full circle : Me providing evidence which you studiously ignore.
  • Of course you're not even a top-ten offender. I love people who say Taylor refuses to throw downfield, ignoring the friggin 8.25 ypa when he actually had a real Number One target to throw to
  • Unless The Bills manage to significantly upgrade their receivers, offensive line, back-up runners, and scheme, you might want to get ready for more "mediocre" QBs to come. There's always tomorrow for dreams to come true, eh?

I didn’t ignore any “evidence” you posted. Frankly, I don’t care at this point for these Tyrod discussions. They are boring and everything has been beaten to death. The reality of this entire situation is that Tyrod is not good enough. Put whatever qualifiers you want to try and refute that but at the end of the day, we’ve consistently had one of the worst passing offenses in the league with him as our starter and by all accounts this new staff is electing to take the much more difficult route of looking for a different QB rather than putting more weapons around what they already have. That alone should tell you something. Never mind the fact that he was benched amidst a push for the playoffs for a 5th round rookie. But you go ahead and remind everyone for the umpteeth time what his stats were with Watkins and Woods together as if it got us anywhere. I’ve said my peace and I’m done. I hate myself for getting sucked into another Tyrod debate. 

19 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

by all accounts this new staff is electing to take the much more difficult route of looking for a different QB rather than putting more weapons around what they already have.

Whatever QB we go with next year, the new staff had better seriously upgrade at WR and OLine to give the QB a better chance to win.  Or expect more offensive problems.

On 2/13/2018 at 2:05 PM, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Agreed, and I'm not saying anyone in particular, but I've seen over and over on this board people say that there is no way we could get anything for him, an opinion with which I strongly disagree. 

I don’t think Taylor is “trash”, but he is,at best, a marginal starter who is not being paid top-tier $, but more than marginal starter/backup money.  

I will be pleasantly surprised if they can trade him for a 5th round pick.

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

Whatever QB we go with next year, the new staff had better seriously upgrade at WR and OLine to give the QB a better chance to win.  Or expect more offensive problems.

I think some of th we conplaints are overblown simply because of who we had at QB. We have Shady, KB and Clay as reliable options as well as a hopefully improved Zay Jones. We could certainly get better though. As far as the o-line, I think Groy will fill in nicely while the right side could definitely use some help.

Just now, Bangarang said:

I think some of th we conplaints are overblown simply because of who we had at QB. We have Shady, KB and Clay as reliable options as well as a hopefully improved Zay Jones. We could certainly get better though. As far as the o-line, I think Groy will fill in nicely while the right side could definitely use some help.

1/2 of Hotrod's picks this year bounced off of Clay's hands.  the OLine didn't have any better luck protecting Nasty Nate than they did Hotrod.  Shady's ypc was down 1.4 from 2016.  Blocking (or lack thereof) played a big role in this.

Dumping Hotrod fixes all this though.

Arizona please 

If the Cards were to pursue TT he would have a top notch WR to pass too. 

And IIRC a decent defense.  

11 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

1/2 of Hotrod's picks this year bounced off of Clay's hands.  the OLine didn't have any better luck protecting Nasty Nate than they did Hotrod.  Shady's ypc was down 1.4 from 2016.  Blocking (or lack thereof) played a big role in this.

Dumping Hotrod fixes all this though.

So 2.... 

18 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I don’t think Taylor is “trash”, but he is,at best, a marginal starter who is not being paid top-tier $, but more than marginal starter/backup money.  

I will be pleasantly surprised if they can trade him for a 5th round pick.

Agreed on marginal starter. I think he is being paid about what he is worth though, given how inflated the QB market is becoming (Garoppolo and Cousins). Maybe it'll be more like a 6th or 7th, but I think a team will give up something for Taylor. We should be able to move him for some value, whether it be a late round pick or maybe a player who is on the outs for that team. 

17 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

This is not a TT thread. 

This is not a WR thread. 

It it is a thread about how aggressive the Arizona Cardinals will be in a pursuit of a QB.  

The only reason TT should be mentioned is if people think he would be a good fit for them.   

That is why he's being mentioned.

He's a Bills QB on the trading block being discussed in a thread about a team that needs QBs...

50 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

there are also 5 or 6 other (more than likely) better options to discus as well 

Bills QBs for the Cardinals to pursue?

Or teams to which the Bills could trade Taylor?

Because then the answers would be, respectively, Peterman & Webb and why discuss other teams in a thread about the Cardinals QBs or lack thereof?