Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ShadyBillsFan

Cardinals owner: We'll be aggressive in finding a QB

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

 

It's rather obvious they are going to be aggressive with Palmer retired with Stanton, Barkley, and Gabbert all headed to UFA.  I'll mark this down under NSS. 

 

...Stanton was a 2nd out of MSU and has pretty much been a career backup, coming off an ACL.......probably hits the market for 2 years, $7 mil with $3.5 mil guaranteed....Barkley and Gabbert should call Waste Management but I'd bet they decline the pickup...meh............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

 

...Stanton was a 2nd out of MSU and has pretty much been a career backup, coming off an ACL.......probably hits the market for 2 years, $7 mil with $3.5 mil guaranteed....Barkley and Gabbert should call Waste Management but I'd bet they decline the pickup...meh............

 

To say they have a major need would be an understatement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, grb said:

 

Funny how Taylor's intelligence was so much higher when the Bills had real NFL talent at wide receiver on the field :

The result whenever he had Woods and Watkins playing :  63.6% comp. 8.25 YPA. 27 TD passes. 6 INTs

Wanna process that information? You can take your time.........

 

 

Seeing that makes me think what if we had a real QB it could of been 54tds and 12pks now that's impressive. 

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000916041/article/cardinals-owner-well-be-aggressive-in-finding-a-qb

 

"The quarterback thing will come. I don't want to sound like we're being cavalier about it but we've got to wait for free agency to start to see who is out there," Bidwill told KMVP-FM on Tuesday morning, per the team's official website. "I know we're going to be aggressive, we're going to have a plan."

 

Trade avenues will be explored, along with free agency and the draft to find Palmer's successor.

 

Kirk Cousins sits out there as the clear-cut prize of the open market, but Arizona could also pursue breakout performer Case Keenum or even fellow Vikings passer Teddy Bridgewater on the open market.

It'd be great if they found their QB in free agency.

 

The more QB needy teams that fill that spot in free agency, the better as far as I'm concerned. 

 

Although I hope it's one of the other QBs besides Cousins. I still hope he somehow lands in Buffalo (however unlikely that is...). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:
52 minutes ago, grb said:

 

Funny how Taylor's intelligence was so much higher when the Bills had real NFL talent at wide receiver on the field :

The result whenever he had Woods and Watkins playing :  63.6% comp. 8.25 YPA. 27 TD passes. 6 INTs

Wanna process that information? You can take your time.........

 

 

Seeing that makes me think what if we had a real QB it could of been 54tds and 12pks now that's impressive. 

 

 

This is how TT has "progressed" over the 3 seasons -  (He hasn't  - all indications show a regression and his best season was under Roman.)

Season Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Y/C Y/G Rate QBR Sk Yds GWD
2017 263 420 62.6 2799 14 3.3 4 1 10.6 187 89.2 56.4 46 256 2
2016 269 436 61.7 3023 17 3.9 6 1.4 11.2 202 89.7 68.2 42 192 1
2015 242 380 63.7 3035 20 5.3 6 1.6 12.5 217 99.4 70.3 36 212 2

 

Down down down 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

This is how TT has "progressed" over the 3 seasons -  (He hasn't  - all indications show a regression and his best season was under Roman.)

Season Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Y/C Y/G Rate QBR Sk Yds GWD
2017 263 420 62.6 2799 14 3.3 4 1 10.6 187 89.2 56.4 46 256 2
2016 269 436 61.7 3023 17 3.9 6 1.4 11.2 202 89.7 68.2 42 192 1
2015 242 380 63.7 3035 20 5.3 6 1.6 12.5 217 99.4 70.3 36 212 2

 

Down down down 

Coincidentally, it's also the season where he had his best WR Corps and Sammy played the most games.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Larry Fitzgerald is 34.    Some people (not necessarily here) will say he's past his prime. 

he may be past his prime, but he's coming off another excellent season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Hey Bidwill!

 

We've got a QB here that we can trade to you. Let's see how aggressive you really are!

Was just going to post something along these lines.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

 

...and we have "the process"....touche'...............

Joel Embiid should look great in a Bills uni, but the guy is injury prone. DOOMED!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TT missed throwing to  more open receivers than Jalen Hurts, even when we had the Rams 'playoff' receivers.

1 hour ago, grb said:

 

Uh huh. Put - say - Case Keenum on a Bills team with the 2017 receivers and o-line and guess what would happen?

His "intelligence" would drop precipitously without the "better toys" he had last season to "help mask it"

That is, if you still saw it in terms of intelligence..........

Me thinks you are wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Teams understand that we will need to cut him so that we do not have to pay his March bonus.  They will be patient and wait for that to happen before pursuing him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

Teams understand that we will need to cut him so that we do not have to pay his March bonus.  They will be patient and wait for that to happen before pursuing him.

Not trying to be sarcastic but who are these teams that are waiting patiently ? He's just not that good IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

his intelligence (QB IQ) has always been low imo...he just had better toys before to help mask it...I say this because Tyrod should be so much better than he is given his a great ability...but it’s his mind that plays tricks on him

 

QBs are much harder to find than "better toys".  If he can perform with "better toys", why don't we just get some "better toys"?  QB problem solved.

 

We're gonna need "better toys", no matter who the QB is btw.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Coincidentally, it's also the season where he had his best WR Corps and Sammy played the most games.

If you don’t get it you don’t get it. 

 

20 passing TD’s is below average.  

2016 there were 1.4 passing TDs per game = 22.4 per season.  

15 and 14 even more.   

 

Is it so wrong to want above average????

 

2 hours ago, klos63 said:

he may be past his prime, but he's coming off another excellent season.

Agreed. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

If you don’t get it you don’t get it. 

 

20 passing TD’s is below average.  

2016 there were 1.4 passing TDs per game = 22.4 per season.  

15 and 14 even more.   

 

Is it so wrong to want above average????

You continue to make an argument where there isn't one. I suppose it's easier than trying to refute my point though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

If you don’t get it you don’t get it. 

 

20 passing TD’s is below average.  

2016 there were 1.4 passing TDs per game = 22.4 per season.  

15 and 14 even more.   

 

Is it so wrong to want above average????

 

Agreed. 


Speaking of not getting it, here we have Exhibit A.

Taylor had Watkins and Woods on the field only fifteen games over two seasons. Half of that was with Watkins playing on a broken foot, but lets set that aside.

Over those fifteen games, we had this :

  • A yards per average which would have been tops in the NFL per the 2017 regular season of sixteen games
  • A touchdown total which would have been 8th in the NFL per the 2017 regular season, tied with Kirk Cousins
  • An interception total would have been one of the league's lowest

Now, is this a completely accurate yardstick? No, because you'd have to allow for other quarterbacks losing their targets too. But when the Bills put decent receivers on the field with him, he did not perform below average or even average. What he did was well above average. 

 

And is it so wrong to want that ??? 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My argument is he needs (needed) to pass for more TD’s. 

 

Balance is king. 

Shutting down the run was the key to defeating TT. As it had / has been all 3 seasons.  

 

Like I said if  you don’t get it you don’t get it. 

 

I know a few Hokies at work and none of them defend TT a fraction of what you do.  

 

One recent grad  said Tyrod who?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

My argument is he needs (needed) to pass for more TD’s. 

 

Balance is king. 

Shutting down the run was the key to defeating TT. As it had / has been all 3 seasons.  

 

Like I said if  you don’t get it you don’t get it. 

 

I know a few Hokies at work and none of them defend TT a fraction of what you do.  

 

One recent grad  said Tyrod who?  

Your argument, in that post, was that he regressed over his 3 years and his best year was 2015. I refuted that by pointing out that the WR Corps got worse in each of his 3 years and his best WR was healthiest in 2015. Do you disagree?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, grb said:

 

Funny how Taylor's intelligence was so much higher when the Bills had real NFL talent at wide receiver on the field :

The result whenever he had Woods and Watkins playing :  63.6% comp. 8.25 YPA. 27 TD passes. 6 INTs

Wanna process that information? You can take your time.........

 

 

 

Good god those numbers are downright Goff like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, grb said:

 

Funny how Taylor's intelligence was so much higher when the Bills had real NFL talent at wide receiver on the field :

The result whenever he had Woods and Watkins playing :  63.6% comp. 8.25 YPA. 27 TD passes. 6 INTs

Wanna process that information? You can take your time.........

 

 

 

People are going to keep regurgitating this until the end of time apparently and it won’t bring Tyrod back or make him any better. We’ve had one of the league’s worst passing attacks every year with him. Time to move on.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Your argument, in that post, was that he regressed over his 3 years and his best year was 2015. I refuted that by pointing out that the WR Corps got worse in each of his 3 years and his best WR was healthiest in 2015. Do you disagree?

Honestly imho no.   

 

The WR corps were not that much worse.  

 

How many people said Woods and Hogan were not good?  

Once gone, they get praised because they actually have a passing QB.  

 

Sammy never lived up tube the hype. 

Hoe well did he do on his new team? 

 

Clay was still Clay, O’Leary was still O’Leary, KB was a big target, Thompson was pretty decent as well. 

 

Is this where we blame Zay?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Honestly imho no.   

 

The WR corps were not that much worse.  

 

How many people said Woods and Hogan were not good?  

Once gone, they get praised because they actually have a passing QB.  

 

Sammy never lived up tube the hype. 

Hoe well did he do on his new team? 

 

Clay was still Clay, O’Leary was still O’Leary, KB was a big target, Thompson was pretty decent as well. 

 

Is this where we blame Zay?  

Since you seem to be unclear with the wr corps each year, let me remind you:

On 2/7/2018 at 2:55 PM, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I don't think I WRs sucked, but I certainly don't think they were good. In general I find the group to be lacking in speed and diversity of skillset. I have a hard time seeing anyone argue that our WR corps didn't get worse every year over the past 3 years.

 

Here they are by snap count (only listing guys who played at least 100 snaps):

 

2015: Robert Woods (774), Sammy Watkins (715), Chris Hogan (612), Percy Harvin (239) - Goodwin played 30 snaps in 2 games this year

2016: Marquise Goodwin (640), Robert Woods (634), Sammy Watkins - played in 8 games (381), Justin Hunter - played in 12 games (302), Walter Powell (296), Brandon Tate (145)

2017: Zay Jones (792), Jordan Matthews - played in 10 games (508), Deonte Thompson - played in 11 games (474), Andre Holmes (339), Kelvin Benjamin - played in 6 games (220), Brandon Tate (147)

 

So in 2015 you have 3 main guys who were mostly available all season. In 2016 Hogan departs, Goodwin steps in, and Watkins misses half the year allowing more snaps for Hunter, Powell, and Tate. In 2017 your most available WR is a rookie who certainly had growing pains, #2 is a guy brought in during pre-season, but after camp, to replace Watkins production and is only healthy for 10 games, #3 & #5 didn't go through camp with us and were brought in after weeks 5 & 9 respectively.

Care to rank them for me?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Since you seem to be unclear with the wr corps each year, let me remind you:

Was I unclear?  

 

I stated that I thought they were suitable replacements and that the TE’s were also just as good if not better in 17.  

 

Those thought to be bad were deemed better once they departed.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Was I unclear?  

 

I stated that I thought they were suitable replacements and that the TE’s were also just as good if not better in 17.  

 

Those thought to be bad were deemed better once they departed. 

So you won't rank them. Figured as much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×