Cardinals owner: We'll be aggressive in finding a QB

15 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Well you keep running from the question. Are you going to pass?

And this will prove what? If you think demanding he answer your silly question, will make TT a good QB.... zzzzzzzz. He isn't. You lose. Let it go. You will convince no one who understands the game

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Because we will never reach our goal with Tyrod as our QB imo...I think he has proven time and again, that when the game is on the line and within reach, Tyrod just doesn’t have the balls to do what needs to be done to win in this league...and just because people are afraid of the unknown, it isn’t a good enough reason to not go for a franchise QB imo...that’s fine if you want to live in the safe world of mediocrity, but I want more- I need more and I’m tired of “swimming in the shallow end of the pool”.

I see your point. You have your opinion which may be right or not. 

I also want better QB play. We have suffered through much worse and little if any better over the last 18 years.

I believe choosing to keep Hotrod or dump him and go for a "franchise QB" is a false choice. We can do both.

Edited by reddogblitz

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

I also want better QB play. We have suffered through much worse and little if any better over the last 18 years.

I believe choosing to dump Hotrod or go for a "franchise QB" is a false choice. We can do both.

We wouldn’t be dumping him just to dump him...we would be freeing up a much needed $18 million in cap space, and he has already stated he will not take a pay cut...therefore, the team probably feels the numbers don’t work out for what Tyrod provides- which is how I feel as well.

6 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

We wouldn’t be dumping him just to dump him...we would be freeing up a much needed $18 million in cap space, and he has already stated he will not take a pay cut...therefore, the team probably feels the numbers don’t work out for what Tyrod provides- which is how I feel as well.

QB is the most important position and the last place to look to save money IMHO.

I have ZERO desire in stepping back at the position on a wing and a prayer that a rookie might be really good in 3 years. During the drought this might have made sense. No more IMHO.

We'll see. We'll know a lot more a week from Friday.

Edited by reddogblitz

6 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Your argument, in that post, was that he regressed over his 3 years and his best year was 2015. I refuted that by pointing out that the WR Corps got worse in each of his 3 years and his best WR was healthiest in 2015. Do you disagree?

The #1 sign of a franchise QB is being able to make your wrs better. Tyrod depends on weapons that's the problem. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

The #1 sign of a franchise QB is being able to make your wrs better. Tyrod depends on weapons that's the problem. 

Perhaps We should get some "weapons". Then Hotrod depending on them won't be a problem, because we have said " weapons".

Its a lot easier to find "weapons" than it is finding a QB as you describe.

One of the reasons the Rams and Eagles were better this year was because they got their QBs weapons.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

Tyrod would break Larry Fitzgerald and end his career. I hope he doesn't end up there.

Break Fitzgerald? :huh:

Ummm... why? I could see an argument that Taylor just wouldn't throw him the ball, but you seem to imply Taylor has a habit of putting his WRs in positions to get injured.

Is that what you're saying?

If so... it just seems a strange take that flies in the face of reality.

Of course, it wouldn't be the first time that you've done that. :flirt:

7 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Honestly imho no.   

The WR corps were not that much worse.  

How many people said Woods and Hogan were not good?  

Once gone, they get praised because they actually have a passing QB.  

Sammy never lived up tube the hype. 

Hoe well did he do on his new team? 

Clay was still Clay, O’Leary was still O’Leary, KB was a big target, Thompson was pretty decent as well. 

Is this where we blame Zay?  

:doh:

Hey look at my absolutely insane lack of any objectivity everyone!  :lol:

6 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Again.  Please stay on topic.  

This thread is about Arizona’s pursuit of a QB. 

Ladies and gentlemen... hypocrisy at its finest... stay on topic in my own thread even though I'm free to wander any damn way I please in any other thread. :lol:

"Well, actually, no.   This is a general thread and not Transplunts  Alternate Truth - Hoyer or Tyrod argument.   

So I rescind my OOPS"

6 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

If you were a QB, which group would you want most, and which would you want least. This really isn't hard. It must be difficult being so conflicted over such a simple request.

The answer is obvious. 2015 was when Taylor had the best weapons... it's a yuuuuge reason that was his best year.

4 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I believe choosing to keep Hotrod or dump him and go for a "franchise QB" is a false choice. We can do both.

And I still think this is what's most likely to happen.

Man... some people here will just EXPLODE if that happens!

1 hour ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Most QBs depend on weapons.

Is your definition of a Franchise QB an Elite QB?

What a weird statement. 0:)

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Ladies and gentlemen... hypocrisy at its finest... stay on topic in my own thread even though I'm free to wander any damn way I please in any other thread. :lol:

"Well, actually, no.   This is a general thread and not Transplunts  Alternate Truth - Hoyer or Tyrod argument.   

So I rescind my OOPS"

The answer is obvious. 2015 was when Taylor had the best weapons... it's a yuuuuge reason that was his best year.

And I still think this is what's most likely to happen.

Man... some people here will just EXPLODE if that happens!

Most QBs depend on weapons.

Is your definition of a Franchise QB an Elite QB?

What a weird statement. 0:)

Cousins is a franchise QB how good was his weapons last yr? He still put up 4000yds and nearly 30tds . No more excuses for TrashRod . 

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

14 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I was thinking about potential trade partners for Taylor, and settled on the Cardinals as the most likely, maybe equal to the Broncos. 

I know people think Taylor is complete trash, but I could see us getting a 5th for him from one ot those teams. 

Third.

6 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

QB is the most important position and the last place to look to save money IMHO.

I have ZERO desire in stepping back at the position on a wing and a prayer that a rookie might be really good in 3 years. During the drought this might have made sense. No more IMHO.

We'll see. We'll know a lot more a week from Friday.

Man, its really amazing how afraid some of you guys sound about trying to upgrade the QB position...well, to each his own, I guess...I just hope our FO doesnt operate out of the same fear, because, to me, trying to upgrade a bottom three passing attack shouldn’t really be making people this hesitant- or at least one would think.

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Break Fitzgerald? :huh:

Ummm... why? I could see an argument that Taylor just wouldn't throw him the ball, but you seem to imply Taylor has a habit of putting his WRs in positions to get injured.

Is that what you're saying?

If so... it just seems a strange take that flies in the face of reality.

Of course, it wouldn't be the first time that you've done that. :flirt:

:doh:

Hey look at my absolutely insane lack of any objectivity everyone!  :lol:

Break him mentally. You assume too much.

14 hours ago, Bangarang said:

People are going to keep regurgitating this until the end of time apparently ......

Guilty as charged, but for a reason:

• People post deeply stupid lists of all the things Taylor supposedly "can't do"
  • I provide evidence he "did" just fine when the Bills put good receivers on the field with him.

It's a simple and clear point, isn't it?

37 minutes ago, grb said:

Guilty as charged, but for a reason:

• People post deeply stupid lists of all the things Taylor supposedly "can't do"
  • I provide evidence he "did" just fine when the Bills put good receivers on the field with him.

It's a simple and clear point, isn't it?

I love these Tyrod debates. People cherry pick a sample size that proves their point. Then people respond with another cherry picked sample size. Both sides think they’re right and it never ends. The bottom line is that Tyrod was both good and bad but isn’t good enough to commit to long term. He’s a mediocre QB who can help a team be mediocre. It’s the worst spot to be in I think.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Like what Brady does year after year. 

8 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Perhaps We should get some "weapons". Then Hotrod depending on them won't be a problem, because we have said " weapons".

Its a lot easier to find "weapons" than it is finding a QB as you describe.

One of the reasons the Rams and Eagles were better this year was because they got their QBs weapons.

When you start BELOW the league average and lose a WR or 3 and that only diminishes by  .15% .....  seriously ....