Cardinals owner: We'll be aggressive in finding a QB

24 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

If you don’t get it you don’t get it. 

20 passing TD’s is below average.  

2016 there were 1.4 passing TDs per game = 22.4 per season.  

15 and 14 even more.   

Is it so wrong to want above average????

You continue to make an argument where there isn't one. I suppose it's easier than trying to refute my point though.

22 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

If you don’t get it you don’t get it. 

20 passing TD’s is below average.  

2016 there were 1.4 passing TDs per game = 22.4 per season.  

15 and 14 even more.   

Is it so wrong to want above average????

Agreed. 

Speaking of not getting it, here we have Exhibit A.

Taylor had Watkins and Woods on the field only fifteen games over two seasons. Half of that was with Watkins playing on a broken foot, but lets set that aside.

Over those fifteen games, we had this :

• A yards per average which would have been tops in the NFL per the 2017 regular season of sixteen games
  • A touchdown total which would have been 8th in the NFL per the 2017 regular season, tied with Kirk Cousins
  • An interception total would have been one of the league's lowest

Now, is this a completely accurate yardstick? No, because you'd have to allow for other quarterbacks losing their targets too. But when the Bills put decent receivers on the field with him, he did not perform below average or even average. What he did was well above average. 

And is it so wrong to want that ??? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

My argument is he needs (needed) to pass for more TD’s. 

Balance is king. 

Shutting down the run was the key to defeating TT. As it had / has been all 3 seasons.  

Like I said if  you don’t get it you don’t get it. 

I know a few Hokies at work and none of them defend TT a fraction of what you do.  

One recent grad  said Tyrod who?  

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

My argument is he needs (needed) to pass for more TD’s. 

Balance is king. 

Shutting down the run was the key to defeating TT. As it had / has been all 3 seasons.  

Like I said if  you don’t get it you don’t get it. 

I know a few Hokies at work and none of them defend TT a fraction of what you do.  

One recent grad  said Tyrod who?  

Your argument, in that post, was that he regressed over his 3 years and his best year was 2015. I refuted that by pointing out that the WR Corps got worse in each of his 3 years and his best WR was healthiest in 2015. Do you disagree?

3 hours ago, grb said:

Funny how Taylor's intelligence was so much higher when the Bills had real NFL talent at wide receiver on the field :

The result whenever he had Woods and Watkins playing :  63.6% comp. 8.25 YPA. 27 TD passes. 6 INTs

Wanna process that information? You can take your time.........

Good god those numbers are downright Goff like. 

3 hours ago, grb said:

Funny how Taylor's intelligence was so much higher when the Bills had real NFL talent at wide receiver on the field :

The result whenever he had Woods and Watkins playing :  63.6% comp. 8.25 YPA. 27 TD passes. 6 INTs

Wanna process that information? You can take your time.........

People are going to keep regurgitating this until the end of time apparently and it won’t bring Tyrod back or make him any better. We’ve had one of the league’s worst passing attacks every year with him. Time to move on.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Your argument, in that post, was that he regressed over his 3 years and his best year was 2015. I refuted that by pointing out that the WR Corps got worse in each of his 3 years and his best WR was healthiest in 2015. Do you disagree?

Honestly imho no.   

The WR corps were not that much worse.  

How many people said Woods and Hogan were not good?  

Once gone, they get praised because they actually have a passing QB.  

Sammy never lived up tube the hype. 

Hoe well did he do on his new team? 

Clay was still Clay, O’Leary was still O’Leary, KB was a big target, Thompson was pretty decent as well. 

Is this where we blame Zay?  

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Honestly imho no.   

The WR corps were not that much worse.  

How many people said Woods and Hogan were not good?  

Once gone, they get praised because they actually have a passing QB.  

Sammy never lived up tube the hype. 

Hoe well did he do on his new team? 

Clay was still Clay, O’Leary was still O’Leary, KB was a big target, Thompson was pretty decent as well. 

Is this where we blame Zay?  

Since you seem to be unclear with the wr corps each year, let me remind you:

On 2/7/2018 at 2:55 PM, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I don't think I WRs sucked, but I certainly don't think they were good. In general I find the group to be lacking in speed and diversity of skillset. I have a hard time seeing anyone argue that our WR corps didn't get worse every year over the past 3 years.

Here they are by snap count (only listing guys who played at least 100 snaps):

2015: Robert Woods (774), Sammy Watkins (715), Chris Hogan (612), Percy Harvin (239) - Goodwin played 30 snaps in 2 games this year

2016: Marquise Goodwin (640), Robert Woods (634), Sammy Watkins - played in 8 games (381), Justin Hunter - played in 12 games (302), Walter Powell (296), Brandon Tate (145)

2017: Zay Jones (792), Jordan Matthews - played in 10 games (508), Deonte Thompson - played in 11 games (474), Andre Holmes (339), Kelvin Benjamin - played in 6 games (220), Brandon Tate (147)

So in 2015 you have 3 main guys who were mostly available all season. In 2016 Hogan departs, Goodwin steps in, and Watkins misses half the year allowing more snaps for Hunter, Powell, and Tate. In 2017 your most available WR is a rookie who certainly had growing pains, #2 is a guy brought in during pre-season, but after camp, to replace Watkins production and is only healthy for 10 games, #3 & #5 didn't go through camp with us and were brought in after weeks 5 & 9 respectively.

Care to rank them for me?

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Since you seem to be unclear with the wr corps each year, let me remind you:

Was I unclear?  

I stated that I thought they were suitable replacements and that the TE’s were also just as good if not better in 17.  

Those thought to be bad were deemed better once they departed.  

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Was I unclear?  

I stated that I thought they were suitable replacements and that the TE’s were also just as good if not better in 17.  

Those thought to be bad were deemed better once they departed. 

So you won't rank them. Figured as much.

8 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

So you won't rank them. Figured as much.

I’m sorry to have disappointed you by not putting some more thought into it.  

Was as I supposed to rate them on catches made or passes targeted  pre or post TT?

Was as I supposed to rate them on separation pre or post TT? 

Was as I supposed to rate them on TDs caught pre or post TT?

Was I supposed to rate them on Red Zone production or between the 20’s pre or post TT?

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

QBs are much harder to find than "better toys".  If he can perform with "better toys", why don't we just get some "better toys"?  QB problem solved.

We're gonna need "better toys", no matter who the QB is btw.

Because we will never reach our goal with Tyrod as our QB imo...I think he has proven time and again, that when the game is on the line and within reach, Tyrod just doesn’t have the balls to do what needs to be done to win in this league...and just because people are afraid of the unknown, it isn’t a good enough reason to not go for a franchise QB imo...that’s fine if you want to live in the safe world of mediocrity, but I want more- I need more and I’m tired of “swimming in the shallow end of the pool”.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I’m sorry to have disappointed you by not putting some more thought into it.  

Was as I supposed to rate them on catches made or passes targeted  pre or post TT?

Was as I supposed to rate them on separation pre or post TT? 

Was as I supposed to rate them on TDs caught pre or post TT?

Was I supposed to rate them on Red Zone production or between the 20’s pre or post TT?

If you were a QB, which group would you want most, and which would you want least. This really isn't hard. It must be difficult being so conflicted over such a simple request.

Again.  Please stay on topic.  

This thread is about Arizona’s pursuit of a QB.  

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Well you keep running from the question. Are you going to pass?

I wish TT would have passed more this past season.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan