Cardinals owner: We'll be aggressive in finding a QB

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

"we're going to have a plan"

That sounds hopeful...

It's rather obvious they are going to be aggressive since Palmer retired with Stanton, Barkley, and Gabbert all headed to UFA.  I'll mark this down under NSS. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Personally, this is who I have penciled in as the most likely team to draft Lamar Jackson early.  Arians raved about him and I would think that it wasn't just him forming the opinion, it was from him and the team scouting him.

And AZ is in perfect position to get him.  The intriguing part is that I wonder if that would make AZ interested in Tyrod as a possible trade acquisition to be a Vet that can fit into a similar offensive style they would build for Lamar to play while Lamar sits and learns more.  

If I am the Bills, this is certainly one of the teams I am calling if I decide to try and trade Tyrod. 

If LJ is a "scrambling" QB, then yeah, it makes sense to bring in a vet with the same qualities to mentor the rookie.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's rather obvious they are going to be aggressive with Palmer retired with Stanton, Barkley, and Gabbert all headed to UFA.  I'll mark this down under NSS. 

...Stanton was a 2nd out of MSU and has pretty much been a career backup, coming off an ACL.......probably hits the market for 2 years, $7 mil with $3.5 mil guaranteed....Barkley and Gabbert should call Waste Management but I'd bet they decline the pickup...meh............

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Stanton was a 2nd out of MSU and has pretty much been a career backup, coming off an ACL.......probably hits the market for 2 years, $7 mil with $3.5 mil guaranteed....Barkley and Gabbert should call Waste Management but I'd bet they decline the pickup...meh............

To say they have a major need would be an understatement. 

45 minutes ago, grb said:

Funny how Taylor's intelligence was so much higher when the Bills had real NFL talent at wide receiver on the field :

The result whenever he had Woods and Watkins playing :  63.6% comp. 8.25 YPA. 27 TD passes. 6 INTs

Wanna process that information? You can take your time.........

Seeing that makes me think what if we had a real QB it could of been 54tds and 12pks now that's impressive. 

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000916041/article/cardinals-owner-well-be-aggressive-in-finding-a-qb

"The quarterback thing will come. I don't want to sound like we're being cavalier about it but we've got to wait for free agency to start to see who is out there," Bidwill told KMVP-FM on Tuesday morning, per the team's official website. "I know we're going to be aggressive, we're going to have a plan."

Trade avenues will be explored, along with free agency and the draft to find Palmer's successor.

Kirk Cousins sits out there as the clear-cut prize of the open market, but Arizona could also pursue breakout performer Case Keenum or even fellow Vikings passer Teddy Bridgewater on the open market.

It'd be great if they found their QB in free agency.

The more QB needy teams that fill that spot in free agency, the better as far as I'm concerned. 

Although I hope it's one of the other QBs besides Cousins. I still hope he somehow lands in Buffalo (however unlikely that is...). 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:
52 minutes ago, grb said:

Funny how Taylor's intelligence was so much higher when the Bills had real NFL talent at wide receiver on the field :

The result whenever he had Woods and Watkins playing :  63.6% comp. 8.25 YPA. 27 TD passes. 6 INTs

Wanna process that information? You can take your time.........

Seeing that makes me think what if we had a real QB it could of been 54tds and 12pks now that's impressive. 

This is how TT has "progressed" over the 3 seasons -  (He hasn't  - all indications show a regression and his best season was under Roman.)

Season Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Y/C Y/G Rate QBR Sk Yds GWD
2017 263 420 62.6 2799 14 3.3 4 1 10.6 187 89.2 56.4 46 256 2
2016 269 436 61.7 3023 17 3.9 6 1.4 11.2 202 89.7 68.2 42 192 1
2015 242 380 63.7 3035 20 5.3 6 1.6 12.5 217 99.4 70.3 36 212 2

Down down down 

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

This is how TT has "progressed" over the 3 seasons -  (He hasn't  - all indications show a regression and his best season was under Roman.)

Season Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Y/C Y/G Rate QBR Sk Yds GWD
2017 263 420 62.6 2799 14 3.3 4 1 10.6 187 89.2 56.4 46 256 2
2016 269 436 61.7 3023 17 3.9 6 1.4 11.2 202 89.7 68.2 42 192 1
2015 242 380 63.7 3035 20 5.3 6 1.6 12.5 217 99.4 70.3 36 212 2

Down down down 

Coincidentally, it's also the season where he had his best WR Corps and Sammy played the most games.

• Like (+1) 1

TT missed throwing to  more open receivers than Jalen Hurts, even when we had the Rams 'playoff' receivers.

1 hour ago, grb said:

Uh huh. Put - say - Case Keenum on a Bills team with the 2017 receivers and o-line and guess what would happen?

His "intelligence" would drop precipitously without the "better toys" he had last season to "help mask it"

That is, if you still saw it in terms of intelligence..........

Me thinks you are wrong.

3 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

Teams understand that we will need to cut him so that we do not have to pay his March bonus.  They will be patient and wait for that to happen before pursuing him.

Not trying to be sarcastic but who are these teams that are waiting patiently ? He's just not that good IMO

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

his intelligence (QB IQ) has always been low imo...he just had better toys before to help mask it...I say this because Tyrod should be so much better than he is given his a great ability...but it’s his mind that plays tricks on him

QBs are much harder to find than "better toys".  If he can perform with "better toys", why don't we just get some "better toys"?  QB problem solved.

We're gonna need "better toys", no matter who the QB is btw.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Coincidentally, it's also the season where he had his best WR Corps and Sammy played the most games.

If you don’t get it you don’t get it. 

20 passing TD’s is below average.  

2016 there were 1.4 passing TDs per game = 22.4 per season.  

15 and 14 even more.   

Is it so wrong to want above average????

2 hours ago, klos63 said:

he may be past his prime, but he's coming off another excellent season.

Agreed. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2