Cardinals owner: We'll be aggressive in finding a QB

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000916041/article/cardinals-owner-well-be-aggressive-in-finding-a-qb

"The quarterback thing will come. I don't want to sound like we're being cavalier about it but we've got to wait for free agency to start to see who is out there," Bidwill told KMVP-FM on Tuesday morning, per the team's official website. "I know we're going to be aggressive, we're going to have a plan."

Trade avenues will be explored, along with free agency and the draft to find Palmer's successor.

Kirk Cousins sits out there as the clear-cut prize of the open market, but Arizona could also pursue breakout performer Case Keenum or even fellow Vikings passer Teddy Bridgewater on the open market.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I was thinking about potential trade partners for Taylor, and settled on the Cardinals as the most likely, maybe equal to the Broncos. 

I know people think Taylor is complete trash, but I could see us getting a 5th for him from one ot those teams. 

Taylor is not trash- he simply cannot process information fast enough to be great...because he has all the tools, except for where it counts most imo.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JaCrispy said:

Taylor is not trash- he simply cannot process information fast enough to be great...because he has all the tools, except for where it counts most imo.

Agreed, and I'm not saying anyone in particular, but I've seen over and over on this board people say that there is no way we could get anything for him, an opinion with which I strongly disagree. 

• Like (+1) 1

1st (22), a conditional (next yrs, 3rd (or to a 2nd depending on playoffs/starts/ProBowl)) and Tyrod for the 14th overall? I really wouldn't want to give up a 2nd next year but if we could preserve one of them this yr then we could potentially use it as trade bait to move from 15 to somewhere higher if need be, to make sure we get our guy, whomever that is (a la Philly, with the Wentz trade). Or we could accidentally get lucky and catch a slide at the Cards pick and use the next 1st to build the OL/DL/LB? 

Essentially... Tyrod, the 22nd ovr, and a 3rd(up to a 2nd) next yr. to move up 6/7 spots? While freeing what will be future dead cap space.

Edited by FrankoElTanko

43 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Agreed, and I'm not saying anyone in particular, but I've seen over and over on this board people say that there is no way we could get anything for him, an opinion with which I strongly disagree. 

Tyrod isn't trash overall but he's among the leagues worst passers.  He's a quandary because with being one of the worst pre-snap and anticipation QB's in the league he can sometimes overcome that and play NFL QB.  He has figured out a way to make his backyard play at times be good enough to win NFL games.  Quite amazing actually.  

He also, IMO, has absolutely no trade value.  He's a guy that will be picked up after getting cut when the first tear of options choose their destination.  He'll be brought in by a team that if their guy gets hurt - they wouldn't mind trying to salvage a season with him.  He's not going to teach or mentor anyone and with how bad he is in the pocket he's not a stop gap - he creates confusion on offense.  He makes it difficult to evaluate your offensive line and can't help develop WR's and TE's while a young QB gets ready.  

Edited by White Linen

59 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Funny how Taylor's intelligence was so much higher when the Bills had real NFL talent at wide receiver on the field :

The result whenever he had Woods and Watkins playing :  63.6% comp. 8.25 YPA. 27 TD passes. 6 INTs

Wanna process that information? You can take your time.........

Edited by grb
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, grb said:

Funny how Taylor's intelligence was so much higher when the Bills had real NFL talent at wide receiver on the field :

The result whenever he had Woods and Watkins on the field :  63.6% comp. 8.25 YPA. 27 TD passes. 6 INTs

Wanna process that information? You can take your time.........

his intelligence (QB IQ) has always been low imo...he just had better toys before to help mask it...I say this because Tyrod should be so much better than he is given his a great ability...but it’s his mind that plays tricks on him

Edited by JaCrispy

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000916041/article/cardinals-owner-well-be-aggressive-in-finding-a-qb

"The quarterback thing will come. I don't want to sound like we're being cavalier about it but we've got to wait for free agency to start to see who is out there," Bidwill told KMVP-FM on Tuesday morning, per the team's official website. "I know we're going to be aggressive, we're going to have a plan."

Trade avenues will be explored, along with free agency and the draft to find Palmer's successor.

Kirk Cousins sits out there as the clear-cut prize of the open market, but Arizona could also pursue breakout performer Case Keenum or even fellow Vikings passer Teddy Bridgewater on the open market.

Personally, this is who I have penciled in as the most likely team to draft Lamar Jackson early.  Arians raved about him and I would think that it wasn't just him forming the opinion, it was from him and the team scouting him.

And AZ is in perfect position to get him.  The intriguing part is that I wonder if that would make AZ interested in Tyrod as a possible trade acquisition to be a Vet that can fit into a similar offensive style they would build for Lamar to play while Lamar sits and learns more.  

If I am the Bills, this is certainly one of the teams I am calling if I decide to try and trade Tyrod. 

1 hour ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I think Taylor has no trade value. 

No need to argue this point!  We'll find out the answer soon enough.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

his intelligence has always been low imo...he just had better toys before to help mask it

Uh huh. Put - say - Case Keenum on a Bills team with the 2017 receivers and o-line and guess what would happen?

His "intelligence" would drop precipitously without the "better toys" he had last season to "help mask it"

That is, if you still saw it in terms of intelligence..........

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

...agree with your unfortunate yet accurate assessment 'Crispy......and he has a solid work ethic...at the same time, he is hardly alone with struggles to grasp the speed and complexity of the game at this level which is why more fail versus succeed........saw a couple of mocks with Jackson going to 'Zona......maybe TT would be a good fit.......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy