Joe Buscaglias take on the QB situation

49 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No thanks to the injury prone and awful McClown.   If the Bills do make the move to get Mayfield, I'd roll with him from day 1 as the #1 QB. 

Mayfield has to be the guy. Anyone...ANYONE but Sam Darnold please.

• Like (+1) 1

Lots and lots of options for sure. Which is far better than having no options.  The ONLY scenario I imagine that would NOT sell with the fan base is keeping Tyrod as the starter. All other options are going to be anyone’s guess and we’ll have to wait and see how it plays over the course of 2018.

• Like (+1) 1

Cutting TT doesn't mean he won't get a look at resigning for less money.  Of course, he would get to shop himself around.  The #21 pick Qb will be the guy from OSU.....he can't start and neither can Peterman.   Now, Daboll will have a big say in whether their is a desire to keep TT around.  If they want more run/pass.option...TT is capable of that game...more so than many..including Mason Rudoph or Nate Peterman.  Of course, if you draft the man from Louisville.....he is that run/pass type (Lamar Jackson)   Daboll will have a voice here.  And, it doesn't matter who the QB is if we don't get some wr's that can separate.  Benjiman is a speciman, but not a separation type.  ZJ is also a moves man, and the jury is out on him imho.  Only Thompson has speed and separation ability.   Don't know if Streeter has that speed...Holmes is a poor mans Benjamin.  Bills may be going backward before they go forward imho.  They need to reload bigtime in a lot of areas.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tatonka68 said:

Stay put and draft at 21,

Related image

Man I am not sold on Rudolph, coupled with him looking like Mike Rodak and Carly Simon's love child? Pass... I would take Jackson before him or better yet, I would trade back and take Mike White over both of them.

2 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

I like the vibe of Joes thinking.  A real...cut the cord and go for broke approach.  There is no safety net in this approach.  

Cortes was a Spanish Conquistador who upon reaching his destination ordered hi ships destroyed telling his men they would have to conquer or die.  There was no going back.

no greater motivation to do everything to get a QB then having no other option but to have one.

But we've already been destroying our ships and dying for a lot of years, and we still haven't reached our destination.

16 minutes ago, simool said:

Man I am not sold on Rudolph, coupled with him looking like Mike Rodak and Carly Simon's love child? Pass... I would take Jackson before him or better yet, I would trade back and take Mike White over both of them.

With you on White.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

He traded Darby, Watkins, Ragland, Dareus, and he also traded for Benjamin. That’s a lot considering he hasn’t even been in Buffalo a year 

That's mainly getting rid of guys McD didn't want on the team.

Applause for a courtesy flush?

• Thank you (+1) 1

I like the vibe of Joes thinking.  A real...cut the cord and go for broke approach.  There is no safety net in this approach.  

Cortes was a Spanish Conquistador who upon reaching his destination ordered hi ships destroyed telling his men they would have to conquer or die.  There was no going back.

no greater motivation to do everything to get a QB then having no other option but to have one.

Hernando Cortes has been dead for 470 years. I'd like to think that situation (and the aftermath) is a little different than a NFL franchise being aggressive to find a QB.

That said, you always have a backup plan when you're building a football team, especially at the QB position. Doug Whaley didn't in '13 (save for the never durable Kevin Kolb) and it resulted in Buffalo starting types like Thad Lewis and Jeff Tuel in winnable games. In '14, they had someone, who retired after the season. The backup in '15 with Rex was traded when Dougie's boy EJM was in street clothes to begin the season. 

This ain't conquistadors in Mexico in the 16th century.

• Like (+1) 1

well he did have a little luck on his side with all his troops carrying bio weapons (smallpox) for which the natives had no immunity...maybe the Bills can introduce some Influenza A into the draft room). 

...pretty interesting assessment of Beane by Joe B and he certainly knows a helluva lot more than me (MOST do)......guess I never saw Beane as a wheeler dealer/riverboat gambler type.....

"If the Bills want to secure that player, they are likely going to need to move all the way up to get the job done. And if there’s any GM that can do it, the wheeling and dealing Brandon Beane certainly isn’t afraid of the task. "

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

1 minute ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

But he didn’t cut them. He wheeled and dealed them

Traded 2 1sts and a 2nd rounder in their primes for a 6th (Dareus) a 2nd and a 3rd.   That's more of a toilet flush.

I'm not knocking Beane--he's about 10 orders of magnitude better than Clueless Doug already. 

Benjamin may be a good add, but Gaines is injury prone and likely won't be back with the money he will expect.

• Like (+1) 1