NE Pats* DC replacement???

macaroni

13 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

What happened to Greg Schiano?  He had signed on as DC for Ohio State, but it looked like he was reconsidering that because he was in the mix for the Pats' DC job.

Schiano isn’t going there...  his connection is Belichik and he announced he’s staying at OSU the day after mcdaniels reneged on Colts to stay at Pats. Connecting the dots I don’t think he sees Belichik there for long. Btw this will be his third year at OSU. They now have 3 DCs (Schiano, Alex Grinch from Wazzou, Taver Johnson from Temple)... Schiano was expected to leave this year and abruptly decided not to. I would be very surprised if BB is the HC in 2019.

Edited by YoloinOhio

They did go two seasons without one between Pees and Patricia. Patricia was calling the defense but as linebackers coach I seem to remember. Not sure what eventually prompted the official promotion. I can see similar again to be honest where Flores becomes the de fact DC without the title. 

19 hours ago, msw2112 said:

What happened to Greg Schiano?  He had signed on as DC for Ohio State, but it looked like he was reconsidering that because he was in the mix for the Pats' DC job.

My take is Bill b told Schiano to come to the pats and he will groom him to take over in 3-5 years.  Kraft got wind of this and reached out to Mcdaniels.  Then everything changed. 

Greg s went stayed at Ohio State and McDaniels did his famous back out.