Amazing Superbowl Film, this is special, like you have never seen before

17 Josh Allen

19 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

I didn't think you were yelling, it's fine. You keep referring to the 3,000 yard mark so I will do the work for you. In the season he put up 2891 yards 27 touchdowns and 2 picks he only started ten games. He spent the first quarter of that season trying to win the job. I think we can both agree those numbers look a lot different knowing that.

You would have a hard time finding anyone to argue in favor of Foles playing outside a specific scheme, again I'm not a Foles fan but I wouldn't hate the move I'd understand it.

What is the better option in your opinion? 

Well he played in mostly 11 games, but again, that was ONE season in which he followed it up with awful seasons for the Eagles and 2 awful ones for the Rams.  I dont see why people fixate on something was an anomaly compared to his other body of work.  I acknowledged his ONE good season.  But it was not even a full season like you said, still never thrown for over 3000 yards in 6 years where he had multiple seasons as the full time starter, and had 2 teams give up on him.  

Again, I am not trying to say he has no future...I am saying the body of evidence is stronger against him than basing opinions on the last 2 games he played.  He is a big risk.

Better options is a good question.  I would absolutely sign Cousins before I would trade for and sign Foles.  But most importantly I would take a QB in the draft either at 21 or in a trade up.  

At 21, I would prefer even a young prospect like Lamar over Foles.  I also have posted scenarios where I think its possible someone like Baker might surprise and slip now that Smith was traded.  Its also possible that if Cousins goes to either Denver or the Jets, that more than 1 QB might slide down making a trade up cheaper because all the talk is that Cleveland prefers Allen.  

For me, the better choice is to see what shakes out in FA (we might even land Cousins and make this all a mute point) then work the draft and the extra assets we have to find the best path to a QB the coaching staff feels strongly about.  

Foles played behind a substantially better OL with a substantially better offensively minded coach...I just have little confidence in his ability to succeed here behind this mess of an OL and a college OC who has had no NFL success as an OC.  (I do like Daboll hire, but still has a lot to prove).

PS:  I wouldnt hate having Foles here, I would just hate giving up good draft picks and giving him a new contract to get him.

Edited by Alphadawg7

12 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah, lets ignore his 6 year career of mediocrity and fixate on his last 2 games only.  I mean he started 6 games this season...in 3 of them he compiled 10 TDs and 1 INT.  In the other 3 games he totaled ZERO TD's, 2 ints and averaged 149 yards per game.  

Somehow that screams mortgage the farm for him?  Not to mention in his one lone good season, he had a great TD to INT ratio, but also only averaged 222 yards per game passing.  Hmmm...sounds familiar.  Not to mention his TD:INT ratio isnt very good the rest of his career outside of that.  

By this logic, we should have made Frank Reich the highest paid QB in the NFL after his epic comeback to help the Bills get back to and lose another SB.  

Not saying Foles is terrible, but the over exaggeration of him based on 2 games, which admittedly he played great in, is just getting out of hand.  While I would be fine taking an inexpensive chance on Foles, I would utterly hate spending a ton on a guy who has a couple good moments in a rather underwhelming career.

Do you know what is even more illogical? Having a starting qb going into his fourth year who is incapable of running a pro offense. I wouldn't give a first round pick for Foles and maybe not even a second for what I believe to be a short term answer. But regardless what rookie qb the Bills draft this team still needs a veteran qb who can run a pro offense. 

The Bills scored three points in their playoff loss to the Jaguars. Our qb play was wretched and an embarrassment. What is the definition of irrationality?  That there are still plenty of dead enders (not saying you) who argue for the status quo. 

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

Do you know what is even more illogical? Having a starting qb going into his fourth year who is incapable of running a pro offense. I wouldn't give a first round pick for Foles and maybe not even a second for what I believe to be a short term answer. But regardless what rookie qb the Bills draft this team still needs a veteran qb who can run a pro offense. 

The Bills scored three points in their playoff loss to the Jaguars. Our qb play was wretched and an embarrassment. What is the definition of irrationality?  That there are still plenty of dead enders (not saying you) who argue for the status quo. 

No one disagrees about having a good QB.  However, nothing about what you just said makes "Foles" the specific solution.  In fact, everything you said actually suggests we would be foolish to trade for Foles.

Fact:  Deepest offseason in years for QB's between FA and quality draft prospects.  

You just said Foles is nothing more than a short term player.  So why on Earth, on a team full of holes, should we trade any draft pick for a guy only to be used as a stop gap for whatever rookie we draft?  We can ALREADY use TT for that or sign one of the decent vets available in FA this year WITHOUT giving up any draft picks for a guy like Foles.

You guys all realize that Foles would be here just ONE year if we traded for him right and still drafted a rookie?  He would NEVER resign here next year as a FA when the job was just being kept warm for the rookie, not to mention the Bills would NEVER pay him what he would want for him to be just a backup.  

The idea of wasting draft pick or picks to get a guy who is a seat warmer to a rookie is just baffling.  TT is more than capable of being a seat warmer until the rookie takes his job and so are a number of FA guys if they just get rid of TT all together.  The ONLY way it makes sense to trade for Foles is IF the Bills do so with the intention of NOT drafting a QB high in the draft and intend on him being the QB to build around.  Everything else is just a waste of draft assets.

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No one disagrees about having a good QB.  However, nothing about what you just said makes "Foles" the specific solution.  In fact, everything you said actually suggests we would be foolish to trade for Foles.

Fact:  Deepest offseason in years for QB's between FA and quality draft prospects.  

You just said Foles is nothing more than a short term player.  So why on Earth, on a team full of holes, should we trade any draft pick for a guy only to be used as a stop gap for whatever rookie we draft?  We can ALREADY use TT for that or sign one of the decent vets available in FA this year WITHOUT giving up any draft picks for a guy like Foles.

You guys all realize that Foles would be here just ONE year if we traded for him right and still drafted a rookie?  He would NEVER resign here next year as a FA when the job was just being kept warm for the rookie, not to mention the Bills would NEVER pay him what he would want for him to be just a backup.  

The idea of wasting draft pick or picks to get a guy who is a seat warmer to a rookie is just baffling.  TT is more than capable of being a seat warmer until the rookie takes his job and so are a number of FA guys if they just get rid of TT all together.  The ONLY way it makes sense to trade for Foles is IF the Bills do so with the intention of NOT drafting a QB high in the draft and intend on him being the QB to build around.  Everything else is just a waste of draft assets.

I didn't say I would give up a first round pick for Foles, or even a second. Although I might consider it. 

The Taylor issue is a dead issue for me. He is incapable of running a pro offense. Watch the Jacksonville game? Then face the reality and stop creating your own fiction about him. 

I don't care what veteran qb the Bills bring in as long as that qb can run a pro offense. It's a simple criterion that the running qb can't fulfill. 

Moving away from Foles for a minute...I think the best and most enjoyable thing about the Super Bowl is not just that the Pats*** lost, but the manner in which they lost:

1. They lost in dramatic fashion, in much the same way that they beat other teams (give up a late turnover, then a late TD, then falter trying to come back).

2. The possible GOAT head coach is outcoached by a 2nd year head coach.

3. The possible GOAT QB loses to a career backup QB.

4. The possible GOAT QB drops an easy trick play catch that could have gone for a big gain.

5. The career backup QB then catches an easy TD pass on a trick play.

6. The Eagles knock out a key player for the Pats*** early in the game, altering the tone and strategy.

7. The Eagles score two TDs on plays that typically would be reversed by replay against the Pats***.

8. One of those TDs is one that mirrored a similar TD earlier in the year that was reversed, and essentially gave home field advantage to the Pats*** for the playoffs.

9. Their former power RB powered over them in impressive fashion.

10. And, of couse, they lost.

Just so many good things there to soak up.

15 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah, lets ignore his 6 year career of mediocrity and fixate on his last 2 games only.  I mean he started 6 games this season...in 3 of them he compiled 10 TDs and 1 INT.  In the other 3 games he totaled ZERO TD's, 2 ints and averaged 149 yards per game.  

Somehow that screams mortgage the farm for him?  Not to mention in his one lone good season, he had a great TD to INT ratio, but also only averaged 222 yards per game passing.  Hmmm...sounds familiar.  Not to mention his TD:INT ratio isnt very good the rest of his career outside of that.  

By this logic, we should have made Frank Reich the highest paid QB in the NFL after his epic comeback to help the Bills get back to and lose another SB.  

Not saying Foles is terrible, but the over exaggeration of him based on 2 games, which admittedly he played great in, is just getting out of hand.  While I would be fine taking an inexpensive chance on Foles, I would utterly hate spending a ton on a guy who has a couple good moments in a rather underwhelming career.

Many want to do anything they can to move on from Fitz Taylor.  They forget the reality of NFL qB

• Like (+1) 1

Peter KIng weighs in on the availability of Foles:

9. I don’t think Philly trades quarterback Nick Foles, unless some team makes an offer that start with two first-round picks. Even then, I’m skeptical they’d pull the trigger. This is why they got Foles in the first place—because GM Howie Roseman and Pederson think the backup quarterback is one of the 10 or 12 most important players on the team.