Gronkowski WILL RETIRE per - - -

Punt75

12 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Dolph  is actually super smart.

"After graduating from high school with straight As, he spent some time in the United States in the 1970s on various academic scholarships, studying chemical engineering at Washington State University and Clemson University. He studied chemical engineering for a year at Washington State University,[16] prior to serving his mandatory one year in the Swedish Marine Corps at the Amphibious Ranger School. In the late 1970s, he enrolled at the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm and graduated with a degree in chemical engineering.[8] The name "Dolph" comes from a distant relative on his mother's side.

Amidst his years of studying, Lundgren honed his karate skills by training hard in the dojo for five years, attaining the rank of 2nd danblack belt in Kyokushin in 1978. He captained the Swedish Kyokushin karate team, and was a formidable challenger at the 1979 World Open Tournament (arranged by the Kyokushin Karate Organization) when he was only a green belt. He won the European championships in 1980 and 1981, and a heavyweight tournament in Australia in 1982.[17] In 1982, Lundgren graduated with a master's degree in chemical engineering from the University of Sydney. During his time in Sydney, he earned a living as a bouncer in a nightclub in the renowned King's Cross area.

Lundgren was awarded a Fulbright Scholarship to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1983. "

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolph_Lundgren

Sure, but is a dreadful actor and I don’t buy this whole Gronk is a big dummy. You can’t play tight end like he does with out some functioning brain cells.  

Point is irrespective of theatrical limitations, his sheer physical appearance will buy him some opportunities 

22 minutes ago, buffalostu2 said:

If yo don't think Kraft will swing by his place with a brief case of cash to keep him in the fold (off the cap, just like Brady) you are crazy.

He will be on the field at least one more year

If he does, he is truly an evil man. Gronkowski is so banged up, he will be in a much more messed up shape once he finally does retire. I hope Kraft supports his decision to focus on his health and retire.

3 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Sure, but is a dreadful actor and I don’t buy this whole Gronk is a big dummy. You can’t play tight end like he does with out some functioning brain cells.  

Point is irrespective of theatrical limitations, his sheer physical appearance will buy him some opportunities 

Im sure but he sounds dumb and don't see him getting major roles, more likely bouncer tough guy roles.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Im sure but he sounds dumb and don't see him getting major roles, more likely bouncer tough guy roles.

Yeah - surely no Dolph, who also plays well with American audiences with his accent.   Gronk's unlikely to ever be able to play a non-idiot.

15 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I just can't see him transitioning into actor. He might get some action roles but nothing major.

Gronk is dumber than a box of rocks. I would be surprised if he remembers his own birthday let alone anything past 4 word sentence lines like “throw me da ball”.

On a positive note I got a laugh from some replies. 

On a serious note If what is implied in this thread doesn't come true I respectfully ask the website administrator to place a permanent ban on the original poster.

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I guess you didn't hear about the neurological study they did on Gronk last offseason at the Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences at MIT.  It got a lot of traction in the local Boston press.

He WAS found to have functioning brain cells.  

Seven of them in fact. At least per the report.  

I believe that puts him, as far as cognitive ability goes, above an empty can of beer but slightly below a learning disabled weevil.

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

I guess you didn't hear about the neurological study they did on Gronk last offseason at the Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences at MIT.  It got a lot of traction in the local Boston press.

I believe that puts him, as far as cognitive ability goes, above an empty can of beer but slightly below a learning disabled weevil.

Just because the Weevil learns differently it doesn’t mean they aren’t smart...

2 hours ago, BobChalmers said:

Also a low bar.  :rolleyes:   Nye is near the top of the BS league - a couple of notches past the original Mythbusters dimwits.

But can he power a clock with a potato like Professor Proton? 

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

In the footnotes you will see the margin of error was 6, so it’s possible that using the plural is inappropriate. 

2 hours ago, Augie said:

But can he power a clock with a potato like Professor Proton? 

In the footnotes you will see the margin of error was 6, so it’s possible that using the plural is inappropriate. 

I must have missed that footnote, but it makes a lot of sense.

I thought seven seemed kind of high.