Gronkowski WILL RETIRE per - - -

Punt75

24 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I think he will surprise a lot of people with his range as an actor.  In fact, Hollywood bigshot @Deranged Rhino and I are working on several screenplays tailor made for the big guy.

Reprising the classic role played by Meryl Streep, a Polish man in war torn Cheektowaga reflects upon the fateful day when he was forced to choose between a meatball sub and a slightly larger meatball sub in 'Gronkowski's Choice'.  I could see him taking Tom Hank's place as a man with terminal crabs fighting for his rights in a modern adaptation of Philadelphia.  If he really works on is delivery he could easily be just as articulate as a young Stallone but with a much more punchable face in a reboot of the classic 'Gronky' franchise. 

Couldn't he take over Channing Tatum's career right now without anyone noticing?

Edited by Mr. WEO

35 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I just can't see him transitioning into actor. He might get some action roles but nothing major.

Yean, I agree. I think his first roles will be with the WWE or WWF,  or what ever it's called now.

1 hour ago, Punt75 said:

not a secret source, not a reporter at ESPN but through a family friend of mine who happens to be the place kicker for the PATS.  He says Gronk told him 2 weeks ago he was retiring due to injuries and other opportunities.  That should help the PATS cap situation!

I wouldn't be surprised... Hollywood's got old Gronk thinking he could be the next 'Rock'... He may want to follow in the footsteps of guys like Jim Brown, Fred Dryer, and Terry Crews... Pro football players who had successful acting careers after the game....  I could totally see him cast in the next "Guardians of the Galaxy" movie. -Maybe even in Star Wars as a big, tacky, lumbering, extra-terrestrial...  He's got a spot waiting for him in Canton, and a few Superbowl rings under his belt... What's left to prove?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, #34fan said:

I wouldn't be surprised... Hollywood's got old Gronk thinking he could be the next 'Rock'... He may want to follow in the footsteps of guys like Jim Brown, Fred Dryer, and Terry Crews... Pro football players who had successful acting careers after the game....  I could totally see him cast in the next "Guardians of the Galaxy" movie. -Maybe even in Star Wars as a big, tacky, lumbering, extra-terrestrial...  He's got a spot waiting for him in Canton, and a few Superbowl rings under his belt... What's left to prove?

He would just be labeled like Megatron or Barry Sanders - guys that left too early (ignoring the factors of health, family etc.) because of too many good years of football he has left. As much as we hate him and I don't want to say it, we may very well end up being the best TE ever. He'll easily break records if he keeps playing in successive years.

Edited by JimKellyTryouts

1 hour ago, BillsVet said:

Why do so many posters replicate clickbait with their thread titles? Is there a competition to see who can get the most hits?

I’m sure it’s just subconsciously formatting how they are used to seeing it in news headlines... but it really is amusing some days 

1 hour ago, BillsVet said:

Why do so many posters replicate clickbait with their thread titles? Is there a competition to see who can get the most hits?

It is annoying. I guess no one would read "I have an inside source who says Gronk will retire."

Actually, we would all read that. And ridicule it.  Just like we are now.

This all makes a lot of sense.

The OP is of Polish decent and lives in Lackawanna.  I think his last name is Grymski.

I have heard that he has ties to the "Zlowrogi" which is some sort of Polish  Secret Society.  They meet bi-monthly and decide important matters concerning Polish-American relations.

It makes perfect sense that Grymski would have family connections with Gostkowski, who in turn would know what's going on with Gronkowski. 

This information was probably passed along during a sit-down meal at the last meeting involving a plate of golumpki.

You have Grymski giving golumpki to Gostkowski in exchange for the skinny on Gronkowski.

Connect the dots. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Well there is no way to prove or disprove the OP sources, so hard to give any of this much credit.

However, I already expect him to retire personally, so don't find this story very far fetched in terms of Gronk potentially retiring.  He is a first ballot HOF player, made a ton of money, is a SB champion, and honestly has nothing left to prove on the field.  His body has failed him and forced him to battle many injuries.  If I was a player like him, I would be eyeing retirement too.  I mean why subject his body to more violence, especially since he will have a chance in a post NFL career in media and entertainment.  

I already think he retires, regardless of who said what and when.