NFL.com: AFC East Rookie Grades - Bills Earn a B Grade

26CornerBlitz

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Sorry you don't agree with my opinion. I expected many not to actually, but it's mine and how I feel.

I will take a franchise QB 1000 times over your pro-bowl CB and unknown 1st rd draft pick anytime. 

It’s just 2 different things. A team doesn’t stop until it gets a QB. That’s what the Colts did and look at their roster. You get the QB when the value matches resources. The 1996 Ravens drafted Ogden and Ray Lewis. Was it an “F” because they didn’t get a franchise QB? Obviously that is an extreme example but you get the point. 

QB is the most important part but it doesn’t render everyone else useless. The Eagles just won the Super Bowl with a former 3rd round pick off the scrap heap. They have a great (and balanced) roster. The Bills are building a balanced roster. The QB doesn’t have to come first. Look at Jacksonville, they’ve been loading up and are a decent QB away from being favorites.

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that the grade is reasonable but the analysis a little off. Zay Jones and Nathan Peterman were nothing short of awful (and I liked Jones and thought Peterman was okay coming out). White and Dawkins were outstanding. Milano looks like a steal as well. So, 3 really good picks, 2 guys that looked out of place and a ST guy. That’s a pretty good draft IMO. If either Zay or Peterman (or Vallejo) develop it is a home run.

We likely don't win the Colts game without Peterman FWIW

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

We likely don't win the Colts game without Peterman FWIW

I’m not buying that. He was 5-10 for 57 yards, a TD and ran for 10 more yards. The conditions were tough without question but I would say that we “likely lose” without him. The combination of Webb and McCoy was equally effective. Peterman was okay in that game but wasn’t the reason that they won.

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not buying that. He was 5-10 for 57 yards, a TD and ran for 10 more yards. The conditions were tough without question but I would say that we “likely lose” without him. The combination of Webb and McCoy was equally effective. Peterman was okay in that game but wasn’t the reason that they won.

Those two throws to Benjamin at the end of the first half, the last for a TD, were pretty damn good for any weather conditions

Just now, matter2003 said:

Those two throws to Benjamin at the end of the first half, the last for a TD, were pretty damn good for any weather conditions

He played fine in that game but wasn’t the difference in the game (or we likely would have lost without him). He made a couple of great throws (specifically the 3rd down throw). That game was won on the ground, specifically with Shady. His ability to change directions in those conditions was the reason that the Bills won. 

17 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Nor am I. Kid is gonna be a good player. 

He reminds me of Woods in a way. Maybe a little bigger and not quite as scrappy, but has that solid not-quite-first-round-talent-but-tons-of-potential 2nd round guy written all over him...Paul Richardson type dude. I have high hopes for him personally.

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that the grade is reasonable but the analysis a little off. Zay Jones and Nathan Peterman were nothing short of awful (and I liked Jones and thought Peterman was okay coming out). White and Dawkins were outstanding. Milano looks like a steal as well. So, 3 really good picks, 2 guys that looked out of place and a ST guy. That’s a pretty good draft IMO. If either Zay or Peterman (or Vallejo) develop it is a home run.

Peterman actually played pretty well in the Snow bowl game before getting injured. 

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

White was outstanding and easily exceeded expectations while Dawkins was solid.  Jones was very disappointing to Zay the least. :)  Peterman I didn't expect much from, but he was even worse than I initially thought.   Jones really needs to bounce back as a 2nd round pick they traded up to acquire.   Peterman is hopefully rendered moot with the Bills drafting a QB in the 1st round after they sign a bridge QB in the interim while developing the potential franchise guy. 

Zay runs routes like Odell Beckham Jr and catches like Tom Brady...

32 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Put me in the Zay will be good camp.   

Look at Marquise Goodwin post Bills QB’s 

I think he'll be just fine once he gets over his case of the dropsies.  I feel that his hands will come around eventually. If Zay does come around like I think he will, this draft class will be a homerun!

The others aside from Peterman and Vallejo were all excellent picks (can't expect much from a 5th round QB!  if he pans out, it's great... but to go into the season expecting him to be the "savior" (pun intended) is a mistake).  You can't hit on every pick and hitting on 4/6 picks would be pretty darn good

Edited by berg1029
grammar
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, berg1029 said:

I think he'll be just fine once he gets over his case of the dropsies.  I feel that his hands will come around eventually. If Zay does come around like I think he will, this draft class will be a homerun!

The others aside from Peterman and Vallejo were all excellent picks (can't expect much from a 5th round QB!  if he pans out, it's great... but to go into the season expecting him to be the "savior" (pun intended) is a mistake).  You can't hit on every pick and hitting on 4/6 picks would be pretty darn good

Was he bitten by the same spider as Peter Parker?  :lol:

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You can give the Bills management an “F” for not addressing the position but you can’t say that the draft is an “F.” Your team isn’t only comprised of a QB. The Bills got a Pro Bowl CB, a franchise LT, a starting LB and another 1st. 

You can but you look like an idiot or are an alias to SaviorPeteredman.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Peteredman was picked too early by Bills.  He should have been a 7th round developmental player and they should not have depending on him being backup to TT who tends to get injured.

Jones needs a new mentor; his Eastern Carolina coach was not able to help him raise his game to the NFL level.

White, Dawkins and Milano were successes and Vallejo has potential as a depth player.

wasn't his ECU coache's f ing job to groom him for the NFL.   

I give it an A+ when compared to the draft just 12 months earlier ... I too was way high on Zay Jones and was disappointed ... but will give a hall pass due to surgery at end of year .. let's see what happens in 2018 with someone else throwing him the ball.

2016 Buffalo Bills draft
Round Pick Player Position College Notes
1 19 Shaq Lawson  DE Clemson  
2 41 Reggie Ragland  LB Alabama Pick from CHI
3 80 Adolphus Washington  DT Ohio St  
4 139 Cardale Jones  QB Ohio St Compensatory
5 156 Jonathan Williams  RB Arkansas  
6 192 Kolby Listenbee  WR TCU  
6 218 Kevon Seymour  CB USC Compensatory

21 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Goodwins issue was health here. 

He showed a lot of potential when he was actually on the field. Can't say the same for Zay. He's looked awful in all aspects.

I don't agree actually.  I thought Goodwin sucked when he was here.  I think the change of scenery was good for him.