Baker Mayfield Should Be the #1 Overall Pick says Sam Monson of PFF

26CornerBlitz

From what we have seen on the field, Oklahoma’s Baker Mayfield is the best quarterback in this draft class, and it isn’t particularly close to the second guy.

Mayfield owns the best two single-season PFF grades we have seen in four years of college grading and three of the top six seasons.

38 minutes ago, H2o said:

And he very well could be. I have said time and again he is the best QB in the draft, 6'0" tall or whatever. 

He was the best QB in college this year.  The best QB in the draft is obviously something entirely different and completely subjective.  

1 minute ago, White Linen said:

He was the best QB in college this year.  The best QB in the draft is obviously something entirely different and completely subjective.  

Hence "I have said time and again" and not "from the mouth of God to the pages of your thread". :thumbsup: It is my opinion and my opinion may very well end up being wrong...... But I don't think it is. 

His height is a concern.  He just doesn't look comfortable in the pocket to me and seems to hold onto the ball too long bc of it.  It looks a lot like how Tyrod looks in the pocket.  That's my opinion at least.  I think there is definitely potential there but that's a big concern.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
32 minutes ago, DallasMac said:

His height is a concern.  He just doesn't look comfortable in the pocket to me and seems to hold onto the ball too long bc of it.  It looks a lot like how Tyrod looks in the pocket.  That's my opinion at least.  I think there is definitely potential there but that's a big concern.

He is by far the most composed quarterback in a muddled pocket in this draft class, by far.  PFF isn't very reliable but Mayfield is going to be a star in my opinion.  The only thing is preventing him from being a lock for # 1 overall is he isn't 3-4 inches taller.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

Well, cue the crowd who just bleats Johnny Football.  We would be fortunate to get him, but it's less and less likely.

If he went to Cleveland and actually is like Johnny Football, that city is cursed.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

He is by far the most composed quarterback in a muddled pocket in this draft class, by far.  PFF isn't very reliable but Mayfield is going to be a star in my opinion.  The only thing is preventing him from being a lock for # 1 overall is he isn't 3-4 inches taller.

That's your opinion but I disagree.  If he was 3 to 4 inches taller obviously this would be a different discussion.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
7 minutes ago, DallasMac said:

That's your opinion but I disagree.  If he was 3 to 4 inches taller obviously this would be a different discussion.

Your correlation between height and pocket composure is baseless.