Are the Bills likely going to go QB in the first round?

BillsFan130

As much as I as would love for the Bills to trade up and get their guy, I got a strange feeling them taking a QB in the first isn’t even close to a slam dunk.

The way I see it is if the trade isn’t right for the Bills, they  probably aren’t going to give away tons of draft picks to move up. At least I don’t think they will, although I’m not in Beanes brain.

And if the trade isn’t right, then they would have to “settle” for probably the 4th to 6th best QB at 21, which I don’t think they would do.

Next month when free agency starts, I think we will really get a better understanding if the Bills are going to go QB in the 1st round or not.

If they get a guy like Keenum, I would say probably not. Cousins, definitely not.

And the other options would be guys like bridgewater, Mccown, TT. (In other words, they better damn well draft a QB in the 1st if they go into the season with one of those 3 and Peterman)

So what do you guys think? Do you think it’s very likely the Bills get a QB in the first, or do you think it’s more like 50/50 like myself?

Edited by billsfan11

Best answer is: I don't know. At this point I doubt even Beane or McDermott know how everything is going to shake out. 

I do believe everything is still on the table. But this is a crazy time of year. No one would have thought a couple off seasons ago a trade for McCoy would drop in our lap, but it did. Who knows. 

I know how I would try and play it...but real life and armchair GMing are 2 different worlds.

2 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Best answer is: I don't know. At this point I doubt even Beane or McDermott know how everything is going to shake out. 

I do believe everything is still on the table. But this is a crazy time of year. No one would have thought a couple off seasons ago a trade for McCoy would drop in our lap, but it did. Who knows. 

I know how I would try and play it...but real life and armchair GMing are 2 different worlds.

Lol very true.

And ya it definitely is still early and there are still lots of options/ lots of things that can happen

12 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Absolutely no one knows I do believe they will address the QB situation in a serious way - meaning either aggressively in the draft or Cousins.  I just don't see them doing the, meh thing?

...was Buddy compelled to draft a QB in 2013 because "we have to" despite a woefully weak class?......ironically, Genome Smith was their first choice until they worked him out and interviewed him....consensus was "no thanks"....EJ was 2nd fiddle (eventual broken strings)....and I agree they will address the much maligned and ignored QB in a serious way, but will be conservative preservationists as to draft capital investments in one player as well as FA dollar investments..........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

13 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Absolutely no one knows.  I do believe they will address the QB situation in a serious way - meaning either aggressively in the draft or Cousins.  I just don't see them doing the, meh thing?

this is my assumption as well.  let me rephrase that...it's my hope as well.

20 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Absolutely no one knows.  I do believe they will address the QB situation in a serious way - meaning either aggressively in the draft or Cousins.  I just don't see them doing the, meh thing?

I really hope you are correct. 

Personally I would rather them draft one though as I am not sold on Cousins being a franchise guy

1 minute ago, Albwan said:

I really don't think so...honestly i think their plan is going rb/def and rolling with TT again.

They are just biding their time to spring it on everyone. 

Just a hunch.

Hmm I don’t know.

They benched TT last year even when they were 5 and 4. I think they are ready to move on from him.

You think RB in the first? I really hope not. They got a lot of holes on this team and RB is not one of them. (I do get shady is turning 30 but I don’t think they spend a high draft pick for his successor in this years draft)

2 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Hmm I don’t know.

They benched TT last year even when they were 5 and 4. I think they are ready to move on from him.

You think RB in the first? I really hope not. They got a lot of holes on this team and RB is not one of them. (I do get shady is turning 30 but I don’t think they spend a high draft pick for his successor in this years draft)

I have no faith whatsoever in this owner or current regime.

I really hope they prove me wrong.

This has to be the most bizarre season of the drought by far..

they dumped all their stars, and slipped into the playoffs... 

11 minutes ago, Albwan said:

And changed the culture, don't forget...

On a serious note, when was the last time we had this much draft "capital" and were without a "franchise" QB? This is the year. I pray we find a way to make it happen. Not Johnny Football happen, but competent GM'ing that lands us "Our" guy finally. Say what you want, but for me it's Rosen or another year of hoping for a shot. Of all the boxes that need checked, only one does he not meet or exceed...and that's character imo. Let's not forget that Jimbo was quite the character to start his career also

39 minutes ago, Albwan said:

They've already proven you're wrong.  This group ain't screwing around.  

It's kind of nice to not have any leaks at this time, but it also is uneventful. I have friends and family that are fans of other teams that keep asking me what do I think the Bills will do. I simply tell them we need a QB, but have no clue what the FO will do to address the position. 

44 minutes ago, Albwan said:

what drought?

if anything this regime is responsible for ending it. maybe you should hold off on the negativity until after the draft and off season. they may not be sliding in to the playoffs in 2018 but instead, walking in?

I know it's real hard for you to lose the negative cloud that follows you around but you may just be proven wrong, which will be a good thing.