Johnny Manziel reveals bipolar diagnosis; hopes to play again

YoloinOhio

Good that he got it diagnosed.  This gives him a chance to restart his life.  Knowing a person who is bi polar, you know the roller coaster ride life is and it can be hell for them.  I wish him well and success in life.

5 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Good that he got it diagnosed.  This gives him a chance to restart his life.  Knowing a person who is bi polar, you know the roller coaster ride life is and it can be hell for them.  I wish him well and success in life.

....I just wonder why it took this long?..........the condition is dreadful and not knowing much about its diagnosis ability, but why now is what I do not understand.....if I remember correctly, his parents are extremely wealthy and could afford the best medical care in the country.....so why now after all of his indiscretions and bombing out in the NFL?...emphasize with the affliction but highly doubtful in his conveniently "NOW"proclamation...............

29 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....I just wonder why it took this long?..........the condition is dreadful and not knowing much about its diagnosis ability, but why now is what I do not understand.....if I remember correctly, his parents are extremely wealthy and could afford the best medical care in the country.....so why now after all of his indiscretions and bombing out in the NFL?...emphasize with the affliction but highly doubtful in his conveniently "NOW"proclamation...............

family and Johnny had been estranged for awhile.

36 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Sometimes a parent does not want to acknowledge that their child has a problem.  I witnessed this myself with three people who are close to me.  Each was diagnosed in early adulthood. 

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..even more woeful and despicable if you turn your back on a child in need.....pretty sad IMO...

Even prior to this, his mother and father would not qualify as "model parents".

JM's outlandish behavior was in part enabled by his parents. It was only after he became wildly out of control did they suddenly have concerns about his actions.

7 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Sometimes a parent does not want to acknowledge that their child has a problem.  I witnessed this myself with three people who are close to me.  Each was diagnosed in early adulthood. 

Early adulthood is when most patients are diagnosed with bipolar disorder. That's generally when symptoms peak.  

I, however, don't believe Manziel is truly bipolar. I could be wrong, but that's my opinion. Substance induced depressive/anxiety symptoms would be much more likely.

7 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I’m surprised his diagnosis wasn’t tripolar.

Tri-polar is not a recognized ailment; he wants to blame his issues on bipolar not his drinking, drug use and Affluenza.

6 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

My boss is bipolar, it can make for some fun eventful meeting. If you are bipolar you probably should seek out other options outside of management.

Sounds like perfect boss for you.

44 minutes ago, Nitro said:

His parents have said he has issues for a while but his drinking mates said he had none.

11 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

I think Brandon Marshall had a similar diagnosis. It can be helped. Best of luck to him.

Borderline personality disorder.  Totally different.  

In med school, we learned this was the medical definition of "an A..hole"

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Manziel's publicist says he has decided to live his life from here on out as a sane homosexual man so I think we should turn the other cheek and let him back inside our good graces. 

Sounds like Jauronimo is expressing his wishes and desires on Manziel here since no such statement has been released.

• Haha (+1) 1