Mayock on WGR

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Thielen has been on the rise and would have produced irrespective of Keenum's presence.

Now there is now way to conclude that.  With Keenum, Theilen's targets went from 92 to...142! 

You can speculate, but it happened with Keenum.

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Now there is now way to conclude that.  With Keenum, Theilen's targets went from 92 to...142! 

You can speculate, but it happened with Keenum.

The way I see it Thielen, Diggs, Rudolph, and company made Keenum look good for the 1st time in his career along with the coaching of Shumur.  Can he repeat the feat?  I'm skeptical. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The way I see it Thielen, Diggs, Rudolph, and company made Keenum look good for the 1st time in his career along with the coaching of Shumur.  Can he repeat the feat?  I'm skeptical. 

Diggs had his best year (TDs, YPA)

It's a symbiosis.  And I don't see why it can't be repeated.

As opposed to bringing in the guy who drove that redskin "bus" that saw them sputter 3-5 the second half of the season. 

Sorry, I love me some Keenum.  I was high on homecoming out of Houston where he threw for a billion yards.  No problems going downfield at all.

Put it this way...why ask if Keenumcan do it again instead of thinking about it this way:  this is the first opportunity he has really been given the opportunity to "do it" on a decent team--start the (nearly) whole season, ever.  And he did so much better than anyone expected.  Now you say "yeah but Kirk Cousins!"??

Edited by Mr. WEO

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

It's a symbiosis.  And I don't see why it can't be repeated.

As opposed to bringing in the guy who drove that redskin "bus" that saw them sputter 3-5 the second half of the season. 

Sorry, I love me some Keenum.  I was high on homecoming out of Houston where he threw for a billion yards.  No problems going downfield at all.

Put it this way...why ask if Keenumcan do it again instead of thinking about it this way:  this is the first opportunity he has really been given the opportunity to "do it" on a decent team--start the (nearly) whole season, ever.  And he did so much better than anyone expected.  Now you say "yeah but Kirk Cousins!"??

Nice that you admit your bias and he did have problems hitting receivers downfield this season.  We'll see where he lands in 2018 and how he performs. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Nice that you admit your bias and he did have problems hitting receivers downfield this season.  We'll see where he lands in 2018 and how he performs. 

I have no problem admitting bias--because it does not alter facts.

Diggs had his best year so far with Keenum.  

Keenum completed 67% of his passes. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I have no problem admitting bias--because it does not alter facts.

Diggs had his best year so far with Keenum.  

Keenum completed 67% of his passes. 

The fact is he struggled with the Texans and the Rams before landing in a perfect situation.   I fear the clock has struck twelve and the carriage has become a pumpkin. :(

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

10 hours ago, ILBillsfan said:

I just don't get people who continue to view qb as the cheap option if there is ever a position you spend big money on it's the QB position without your team is just mucking thru the seasons.  I hear the biggest argument is they would rather spend the money on other positions, well sorry but without a QB your chances of playoffs go down hrmmm maybe there is a team who missed the playoffs for 17yrs because they brought in big FA other than a QB that was worth something.

Cousins would be a welcome addition to this team and they can fill other positions with the draft.

I see your point.  Im with you.  Sign Cousins or you best trade up to the top 5 for one of those Qbs.

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The fact is he struggled with the Texans and the Rams before landing in a perfect situation.   I fear the clock has struck twelve and the carriage has become a pumpkin. :(

he struggled when tossed into starting positions on sketchy teams.  Those teams were not as good as Cousins has started for the past 4 years....

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

he struggled when tossed into starting positions on sketchy teams.  Those teams were not as good as Cousins has started for the past 4 years....

So let's say he lands elsewhere in 2018.  Do you predict he'll stay at the same 2017 level or better?  If so, why? 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

So let's say he lands elsewhere in 2018.  Do you predict he'll stay at the same 2017 level or better?  If so, why? 

You see, that';s the point of all of this.  It doesn't matter what he does somewhere else.  He did what he did in Minnesota.   If he goes to Cleveland or Denver, probably not because those teams aren't nearly as good as Minny.

Cousins lost more games than he won in DC--over more than 3 seasons.  

The real question--in fact the ONLY question--is "is Kirk Cousins going to lead the Viking to the NFCC? The SB?"

It's a complete unknown---to the Vikings.  Keenum is anything but an unknown to them.

I haven't been participating in this thread.  I just skimmed through it and had one impression:  some people who don't want Cousins make a lot of different arguments.  Not enough wins.  Better receivers. He isnt Brees. Etc.  

What they don't talk about is his stats.  The simple fact is that the best QBS are regularly at the top of the basic stats.  Yards, completion percentage, TD to INT ratio, etc.  They dont talk about his stats because he's regularly in the top 10, where all the good QBS are.  How'd he get in the top 10?  Is Jerry Rice on the Redskins playing under a pseudonym?

Stats aren't perfect but they're the best measure. The best qbs have the best stats.  Cousins is right there. When Brady Brees and Ben retire he will still be top10 maybe top 5.  

Hard to understand why you wouldn't want a top 10 QB on your team.  I thought that was the objective. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

You see, that';s the point of all of this.  It doesn't matter what he does somewhere else.  He did what he did in Minnesota.   If he goes to Cleveland or Denver, probably not because those teams aren't nearly as good as Minny.

Cousins lost more games than he won in DC--over more than 3 seasons.  

The real question--in fact the ONLY question--is "is Kirk Cousins going to lead the Viking to the NFCC? The SB?"

It's a complete unknown---to the Vikings.  Keenum is anything but an unknown to them.

I don't love Cousins, but I do believe he's better than Keenum. 

2 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I haven't been participating in this thread.  I just skimmed through it and had one impression:  some people who don't want Cousins make a lot of different arguments.  Not enough wins.  Better receivers. He isnt Brees. Etc.  

What they don't talk about is his stats.  The simple fact is that the best QBS are regularly at the top of the basic stats.  Yards, completion percentage, TD to INT ratio, etc.  They dont talk about his stats because he's regularly in the top 10, where all the good QBS are.  How'd he get in the top 10?  Is Jerry Rice on the Redskins playing under a pseudonym?

Stats aren't perfect but they're the best measure. The best qbs have the best stats.  Cousins is right there. When Brady Brees and Ben retire he will still be top10 maybe top 5.  

Hard to understand why you wouldn't want a top 10 QB on your team.  I thought that was the objective. 

Wouldn't you expect a "top 10" QB to have a winning record after 3+ years on a team that wasn't a bottom feeder?  Stats are nice, but for some reason, they don't win a lot of games with his as their QB.  They got worse.

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don't love Cousins, but I do believe he's better than Keenum. 

Agree to disagree.

Cousins will not be in Minnesota.

I don't have a dog in this fight but, IF I was in charge and was sitting with pick 21 and 22, Tyrod Taylor under contract, and Kirk Cousins available for only money, you almost have to do what it takes to sign Cousins don't you?  You can't possible know in mid March, how the draft will unfold, and you don't know what QB will be available, or if you'd even be able to find a willing trade partner.  Cousins is a known quantity.  He will cost you 28-30 million, but it's not absurd when viewed from the perspective that QB raises have stayed within the rising cap pretty much....his contract will be high the day he signs it and mid level the day he finishes it.  You'd have to ask yourself if you believe what you MIGHT get on draft day, will be better than Cousins is now and in the future.....how can anyone say right now, that is the case?  You can't. ....that's why you make the effort for Cousins and only resort to the draft and all that manuevering, scouting, and hoping events fall your way ONLY if you made your best effort to get Cousins and he goes elsewhere.

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wouldn't you expect a "top 10" QB to have a winning record after 3+ years on a team that wasn't a bottom feeder?  Stats are nice, but for some reason, they don't win a lot of games with his as their QB.  They got worse.

Agree to disagree.

Cousins will not be in Minnesota.

When brees had a losing record for a few years what did you think? And rivers? And Stanford?

9 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

When brees had a losing record for a few years what did you think? And rivers? And Stanford?

Brees already won a SB by then, and his stats blew Cousins's away even in those years.  He was singlehandedly winning games with an awful defense.

Rivers is, like Cousins, a stat accumulator.  Legendary choker.  Another hard pass.

I don't know who Stanford is.

Edited by Mr. WEO

9 hours ago, Loosh said:

As much I'd love to see Cousins here, there's NO chance in Hades that he will want to come to Buffalo.   The weather, a defensive minded coach, worst WR group in the league.   He'll be able to chose between Denver, Arizona, Jets, possibly Jacksonville....I'd bet he moves on to Arizona. 

He did play at Michigan state.