Mayock on WGR

4 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Beane and McDermott have already said that we're building through the draft. Hence "Trust the Process"

Trusting the process doesn't mean overpaying an average QB TONS of money to get us nowhere.

Does it mean to trade all of our draft assets for a QB only based on potential? My first choice would be to call up philly and see if foles is available. If he isn’t then I would be in the market for a QB in free agency. Cousins is the best QB on the market

On 2/12/2018 at 9:38 AM, CaptnCoke11 said:

People don’t realize in 4/5 years the deal Cousins signs this offseason will a bargain.  

That, and it will be in his prime years. 

I don't understand why people wouldn't want the Bills to spend for a proven QB. Having one of those gives your team a real chance to compete for a championship, year in, year out. Same thing with the potential for the Bills to give up a huge ransom to move up in the draft for a QB (even though the player is not proven).

Personally, I'd prefer to bring in Cousins and save those picks. It would be a more reasonable, and much quicker path to success than starting a rookie, and building the roster with less draft picks. This team isn't that far off, and those extra picks will not only fill holes, but do so on rookie contracts, so spending for a QB is very manageable right now.

You get what you pay for, and I couldn't care less if the Bills give him $30 mil per year. It's not my money, and the cap will go up. But it is my time and money spent on being a fan, and I'm tired of floating around .500 .

13 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Beane and McDermott have already said that we're building through the draft. Hence "Trust the Process"

Trusting the process doesn't mean overpaying an average QB TONS of money to get us nowhere.

And also, Cousins was the 12th ranked QB last year which makes him better than average. Taylor was the 22nd ranked QB so I think that would be a substantial upgrade. Cousins also didn’t have much of a running game in Washington, so shady would definitely help him out quite a bit. At the end of the day I’ll be on board with any decision the front office makes with the exception of keeping Tyrod 

2 hours ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

That, and it will be in his prime years. 

I don't understand why people wouldn't want the Bills to spend for a proven QB. Having one of those gives your team a real chance to compete for a championship, year in, year out. Same thing with the potential for the Bills to give up a huge ransom to move up in the draft for a QB (even though the player is not proven).

Personally, I'd prefer to bring in Cousins and save those picks. It would be a more reasonable, and much quicker path to success than starting a rookie, and building the roster with less draft picks. This team isn't that far off, and those extra picks will not only fill holes, but do so on rookie contracts, so spending for a QB is very manageable right now.

You get what you pay for, and I couldn't care less if the Bills give him $30 mil per year. It's not my money, and the cap will go up. But it is my time and money spent on being a fan, and I'm tired of floating around .500 .

THIS! 

Cousins has done something Tyrod dreams about and that is 11 game winning drives in the 4th quarter since 2015. He is also in the top 5 in completion percentage and passing yards since 2015. 

Signing Cousins for 30 mill per would limit the free agent deals but this regime has stated they want to build thru the draft and with signing Cousins they could do just that with two firsts, two seconds and a third all on players to make this team better this year! 

"IF" the Bills are smart enough to sign Cousins it makes them an instant serious division rival for the Patriots and a super bowl contender.  Why even think about drafting a "maybe" at QB who may or may not develop into a franchise QB when you have one sitting right there. This is McDs Peyton Manning moment!

On 2/12/2018 at 9:12 AM, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Yeah I’d hate to land the best QB available. That would totally suck

Getting yet another mediocre castoff QB to go along with Johnson, Flutie, Bledsoe, Holcomb, Fitzpatrick, Orton, Taylor and every other castoff savior that we've signed would be the last straw for many fans that have been following this franchise for a long time. How many times can you make the same mistake of not drafting a top QB, over and over and over and have fans still supporting the idea?

8 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Does it mean to trade all of our draft assets for a QB only based on potential? My first choice would be to call up philly and see if foles is available. If he isn’t then I would be in the market for a QB in free agency. Cousins is the best QB on the market

Seems like you're a instant gratification guy, bad idea. What team ever gets good by doing this? In all my yearscan think of one, the Saints.

1 hour ago, greeneblitz said:

Getting yet another mediocre castoff QB to go along with Johnson, Flutie, Bledsoe, Holcomb, Fitzpatrick, Orton, Taylor and every other castoff savior that we've signed would be the last straw for many fans that have been following this franchise for a long time. How many times can you make the same mistake of not drafting a top QB, over and over and over and have fans still supporting the idea?

Seems like you're a instant gratification guy, bad idea. What team ever gets good by doing this? In all my yearscan think of one, the Saints.

Drafting QBs doesn’t always work either. Look at the Browns. Seems like you’re a guy that likes to argue. I’m not opposed to drafting a QB. I’m opposed to selling the farm for a guy based on potential. Look at what the redskins gave up for RG III

On 2/14/2018 at 4:07 PM, Nihilarian said:

THIS! 

Cousins has done something Tyrod dreams about and that is 11 game winning drives in the 4th quarter since 2015. He is also in the top 5 in completion percentage and passing yards since 2015. 

Signing Cousins for 30 mill per would limit the free agent deals but this regime has stated they want to build thru the draft and with signing Cousins they could do just that with two firsts, two seconds and a third all on players to make this team better this year! 

"IF" the Bills are smart enough to sign Cousins it makes them an instant serious division rival for the Patriots and a super bowl contender.  Why even think about drafting a "maybe" at QB who may or may not develop into a franchise QB when you have one sitting right there. This is McDs Peyton Manning moment!

and they really don't need to do a lot as far as filling holes in fa. i'd like to keep gaines, get a vet rt, maybe someone for the dline and possibly a deep threat wr. for the ones we have, i believe they are mostly on one year deals anyway and i think we could retain most keeping it that way.

it's awful hard to argue against having cousins. i think buffalo would be a great move for him and his family...vs. az. denver, cle. and especially n.y.c.