Mayock on WGR

14 hours ago, matter2003 said:

They didnt jerk him around, they didnt believe he was worth the money. They still don't. Neither do a lot of other people, FWIW

Oh!! Well of course! Did they tell him THIS? Because that's probably a good way to sign him long-term. They didn't think he was worth the money, but them proceeded to pay him the money in back-to-back years? Come on man, where's DC Tom when you need him to chime in. 

1 hour ago, ndirish1978 said:

Oh!! Well of course! Did they tell him THIS? Because that's probably a good way to sign him long-term. They didn't think he was worth the money, but them proceeded to pay him the money in back-to-back years? Come on man, where's DC Tom when you need him to chime in. 

It makes perfect sense...they said..."maybe this is a guy who could be a franchise QB" so they kept him for a year and hoped he would develop into one. He really didn't. So they said "OK...there was some improvement there so lets see if he will keep developing"...he didn't, he went backwards...

At some point you just have to decide the guy isnt going to be what you hoped he could be. But according to you, they should have just signed him anyway regardless of if he showed them what they wanted to see or not. Smart way to run a business. Just give the guy a long term expensive contract when you dont feel he is the right person for it.

The Redskins dont need Cousins to go 7-9...they can do that all on their own without him.

Edited by matter2003

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:12 AM, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Yeah I’d hate to land the best QB available. That would totally suck

But he sucks...  What good is it if the "best QB available" isn't good enough, you go ahead and pay him stupid money anyways???

6 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

But he sucks...  What good is it if the "best QB available" isn't good enough, you go ahead and pay him stupid money anyways???

You can’t say he “sucks”. Is he worth the money he’s going to get? Probably not. But he’s probably better than any QB we’ve had since Bledsoe’s first year with the team

7 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

He sucks?

Why is it if a player is not top 5 at his position he "sucks"

In some people's world a player is either great or sucks with no room for nuanced or balanced evaluations.  No credible person would look at Cousins body of work and arrive at a conclusion that he sucks. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

18 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wouldn't you expect a "top 10" QB to have a winning record after 3+ years on a team that wasn't a bottom feeder?  Stats are nice, but for some reason, they don't win a lot of games with his as their QB.  They got worse.

Stafford. Three appearances in playoffs in 9 seasons.

Ryan 3-8 in the playoffs. 

Brees missed playoffs three straight years.  

A lot goes into a team's record. Bad qbs rarely are top 10 three years running. 

A QB like Cousins will get absolutely killed behind this O-line... I like Cousins, but we are not a good fit for his style of play... He'll either be on his back the whole time, or throwing picks.... More and more, I'm leaning towards Joe Webb!  -Is he anywhere near as risky as Peterman???

6 hours ago, #34fan said:

A QB like Cousins will get absolutely killed behind this O-line... I like Cousins, but we are not a good fit for his style of play... He'll either be on his back the whole time, or throwing picks.... More and more, I'm leaning towards Joe Webb!  -Is he anywhere near as risky as Peterman???

I doubt that Cousins will hold the ball as long as Tyrod Taylor did in 2017 at 3.01 seconds on average. 

As for the line, all the Bills need to do is finally upgrade that right tackle position and they will instantly improve the lines entire grade. They could use a new RG and added depth all over the line. 

Dunno why Bills fans are so enamored with Peterman who was a 5th round pick... anyone else recall Brian Brohm? He was a second-round pick and he did squat. 

10 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

I doubt that Cousins will hold the ball as long as Tyrod Taylor did in 2017 at 3.01 seconds on average. 

As for the line, all the Bills need to do is finally upgrade that right tackle position and they will instantly improve the lines entire grade. They could use a new RG and added depth all over the line. 

Dunno why Bills fans are so enamored with Peterman who was a 5th round pick... anyone else recall Brian Brohm? He was a second-round pick and he did squat. 

Like I said, I like Cousins... However, our situation at C, and RT aren't Ideal... We also need to upgrade TE as well...To me, Peterman offers a glimmer of hope that we'll be moving on from Tyrod... Plus I truly believe Nate will be good one day if he sticks with it... At the moment tho, he is not... I'd start Joe Webb over Nate if I had to.

26 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Like I said, I like Cousins... However, our situation at C, and RT aren't Ideal... We also need to upgrade TE as well...To me, Peterman offers a glimmer of hope that we'll be moving on from Tyrod... Plus I truly believe Nate will be good one day if he sticks with it... At the moment tho, he is not... I'd start Joe Webb over Nate if I had to.

Joe Webb....seriously?

On February 12, 2018 at 9:12 AM, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Yeah I’d hate to land the best QB available. That would totally suck

The fact that you're the "best QB available" doesn't necessarily mean you're gonna be a great QB worth the money. He's definitely NOT worth the money he's gonna demand/get.

Some people said that Geno Smith was the "best QB available" in the 2013 draft. What does that mean?

24 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

The fact that you're the "best QB available" doesn't necessarily mean you're gonna be a great QB worth the money. He's definitely NOT worth the money he's gonna demand/get.

Some people said that Geno Smith was the "best QB available" in the 2013 draft. What does that mean?

I also said in this thread that he’s probably not worth the money that he’s going to get. However we are in the market for a QB so I hope to get the best QB available. I don’t want to break the bank for Cousins, but if we made that move that would show me that Beane wants to win and win now

3 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I also said in this thread that he’s probably not worth the money that he’s going to get. However we are in the market for a QB so I hope to get the best QB available. I don’t want to break the bank for Cousins, but if we made that move that would show me that Beane wants to win and win now

Beane and McDermott have already said that we're building through the draft. Hence "Trust the Process"

Trusting the process doesn't mean overpaying an average QB TONS of money to get us nowhere.