Mayock on WGR

Mike Mayock was on WGR this morning to talk about college QB's but had some interesting comments about Cousins, almost like he knew something.

Very high regard for McBeane.

Commented on a great DT class.

Audio

http://www.wgr550.com/media/audio-channel/02-12-nfl-network-analyst-mike-mayock-howard-and-jeremy

Edited by Jamie Muellers Ghost
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Mike Mayock was on WGR this morning to talk about college QB's but had some interesting comments about Cousins, almost like he knew something.

Very high regard for McBeane.

Commented on a great DT class.

Will post audio as soon as it is up

This was an excellent discussion with Mayock where he addressed the QBs in the 2018 draft as well as the unusual number potential UFA QBs. 

20 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

I think it is only in Buffalo that I witness this, but people feel spending big for a player is coming out of there own Christmas Club account.

People don’t realize in 4/5 years the deal Cousins signs this offseason will a bargain.  

• Like (+1) 9

26 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

I think it is only in Buffalo that I witness this, but people feel spending big for a player is coming out of there own Christmas Club account.

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm kind of sick of this comment/sentiment.  It shows lack of understanding of someone else's argument.  You don't need to agree but come on.

If we do grab Cousins in FA, forget the cost which as someone mentioned could be a bargain in 2-3 years, he would be the best QB we have had since Jim Kelly. He's definitely an upgrade over Tyrod, a massive upgrade as a passer. It would also allow us to address many of our other needs with all of those draft picks. It could truly turn out to be the elevation of this franchise from scraping to get in to actually contending in the AFC for many years to come. 

I like Mayock. He's definitely knowledgeable in his area of expertise. It's fun to listen to these guys talk this time of year. His sentiment on Jackson is interesting. As electrifying as Vick as a runner? I can see that. But in regards to throwing a football, I believe Vick was better so that is why he was #1 overall. He was right in saying that you have to tailor your offense to make him succeed. He's more electric than Tyrod, but not Tyrod level as a passer. Cool interview thoigh. Thanks for posting. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Nineforty said:

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm kind of sick of this comment/sentiment.  It shows lack of understanding of someone else's argument.  You don't need to agree but come on.

And I can't speak for everyone either, but I would really like to know from those who are against spending the money on Cousins, what opportunities they think signing Cousins would cause us to lose out on.