Reuben Foster arrested for second time this offseason; DV suspected

YoloinOhio

29 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

So Foster has to live with the specter of guilt now for the rest of him life even though the accuser testified under oath that her story was a fabrication?

Does he though? I don’t think I  see many pitchforks for the guy, do you?

14 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Of course it won't. How many pages are there here proclaiming his guilt, and how many pages since the woman that she testified under oath that she is a liar?

To be fair, I’ve seen it get much more attention on other boards. And this is espn calling focus to it. People see it, people care. Will it get the same coverage? Likely not quite as much, but it’ll get a lot....and outside of enthusiastic football fans, I don’t think it registered with that many in the first place. Casual fans or non fans may have seen it but likely didn’t even know the guy even if they did see it.

I think in large part the exhaustion over discussing anything even tangentially bama related with you over the last month or two has probably caused many posters here to see the update and keep moving. That and “well, that sucks” doesn’t generate the pages of posts as quick as wondering about and speculation on what happened and could happen next.

Well if this is situation, she needs to have something done to her.  Foster could probably counter sue but he probably wouldn't get anything.

Since nothing happened to Wanetta Gibson, who falsely accused Brian Banks of rape where he served 5 years in prison....nothing will happen to this girl either.

Gibson was court ordered to pay back the $2.6 million dollars that she received but I read somewhere, she already spent the money so I don't think Banks will get a penny.

I was wrong about Foster....his name should be cleared.  It should highlighted more on major media outlets.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

To be fair, I’ve seen it get much more attention on other boards. And this is espn calling focus to it. People see it, people care. Will it get the same coverage? Likely not quite as much, but it’ll get a lot....and outside of enthusiastic football fans, I don’t think it registered with that many in the first place. Casual fans or non fans may have seen it but likely didn’t even know the guy even if they did see it.

I think in large part the exhaustion over discussing anything even tangentially bama related with you over the last month or two has probably caused many posters here to see the update and keep moving. That and “well, that sucks” doesn’t generate the pages of posts as quick as wondering about and speculation on what happened and could happen next.

The sensational story ends and we must move on to the individual to judge without context or information.... because the internet lives to make harsh judgments with nothing more than a snap shot of reality.

I'll be honest, it almost digusts me to be  human when we haven't moved past lynch mob mentality. 

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Well if this is situation, she needs to have something done to her.  Foster could probably counter sue but he probably wouldn't get anything.

Since nothing happened to Wanetta Gibson, who falsely accused Brian Banks of rape where he served 5 years in prison....nothing will happen to this girl either.

Gibson was court ordered to pay back the $2.6 million dollars that she received but I read somewhere, she already spent the money so I don't think Banks will get a penny.

I was wrong about Foster....his name should be cleared.  It should highlighted more on major media outlets.

Slander, filling a false police report.....  I don't know.  I'm not a lawyer but I'm sure what she did is illegal

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Honest reporting? Yes or no?

https://www.sfchronicle.com/49ers/article/49ers-response-to-Foster-charges-is-shameful-12829617.php

The lack of critical thinking allows people to believe garbage like this.

Edited by Sky Diver

2 minutes ago, JaxBills said:

The sensational story ends and we must move on to the individual to judge without context or information.... because the internet lives to make harsh judgments with nothing more than a snap shot of reality.

I'll be honest, it almost digusts me to be  human when we haven't moved past lynch mob mentality. 

Slander, filling a false police report.....  I don't know.  I'm not a lawyer but I'm sure what she did is illegal

What she did was very illegal but I still don't see anything happen to her.  I'm basing this on the Brian Banks situation.  He served 5 years in prison and she got off free expect the $2.6 million she's supposed to pay back which doesn't sound like she can.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

What she did was very illegal but I still don't see anything happen to her.  I'm basing this on the Brian Banks situation.  He served 5 years in prison and she got off free expect the $2.6 million she's supposed to pay back which doesn't sound like she can.

I would really like to give credit to John Lynch.  If this board was SFs GM, Foster would already have been fired.  Lynch stood by the kid and may have saved his career.

The Brian banks thing CRAWLS under my skin.....but I thought he said he didn't want her to go to prison.  If i recall I believe he forgave her too.

9 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

This Ann Killian is what is wrong with this freaken world.

She is the winner of my new Judge Dredd award.  

10 minutes ago, JaxBills said:

I would really like to give credit to John Lynch.  If this board was SFs GM, Foster would already have been fired.  Lynch stood by the kid and may have saved his career.

The Brian banks thing CRAWLS under my skin.....but I thought he said he didn't want her to go to prison.  If i recall I believe he forgave her too.

Well to be fair, Lynch knew the situation much more than we do here.  I think a lot of people on here would have stood by Foster like Lynch did if he was privy (Doug Whaley word!) to information.

Sort of like McCoy's situation a few years back.  Only a few I know on BBMB were ready to get rid of him.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, JaxBills said:

I buy our crap Sunday newspaper because my wife wants the ads. It kills me to have to pay for propaganda. 

Edited by Sky Diver
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Well to be fair, Lynch knew the situation much more than we do here.  I think a lot of people on here would have stood by Foster like Lynch did if he was privy (Doug Whaley word!) to information.

Sort of like McCoy's situation a few years back.  Only a few I know on BBMB were ready to get rid of him.

Very much my point.

2 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

Of course it won't. How many pages are there here proclaiming his guilt, and how many pages since the woman that she testified under oath that she is a liar?

Someone whose story changes multiple times isn't reliable. What she said under oath isn't any more reliable than what she said to the police. The whole thing is a mess, I wish they'd stop wasting money on this trial asap.

I'm not going to speak on what I think about either of them, but your absolute defense of him is ridiculous. Do you at least have a personal relationship with the guy? 

3 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Someone whose story changes multiple times isn't reliable. What she said under oath isn't any more reliable than what she said to the police. The whole thing is a mess, I wish they'd stop wasting money on this trial asap.

I'm not going to speak on what I think about either of them, but your absolute defense of him is ridiculous. Do you at least have a personal relationship with the guy? 

I am defending the presumption of innocence particularly since the allegations didn’t seem credible from the very beginning.

• Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

I am defending the presumption of innocence particularly since the allegations didn’t seem credible from the very beginning.

Innocent until proven guilty is a legal principle, and needs no defending.

If we aren't jurors it has nothing to do with what you or I think. I don't believe anything she says, and I don't believe anything he says. I have my opinions but they are just that, opinions. I'd think you've gone beyond defending this principle that is in no danger.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

14 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I think most people defending Foster here are of the opinion that we shouldn't be quick to judge.  Especially since this woman has done this before to someone else.  And since there is actually evidence that she was hurt else where.

But I'm sure you know all this already.  It's just odd how you miss understood the point opposed to yours.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Innocent until proven guilty is a legal principle, and needs no defending.

If we aren't jurors it has nothing to do with what you or I think. I don't believe anything she says, and I don't believe anything he says. I have my opinions but they are just that, opinions. I'd think you've gone beyond defending this principle that is in no danger.

You can convict anyone in the court of public opinion, as ridulous and baseless as it may be.

I like to apply logic and common sense and not rush to judgement.

19 minutes ago, JaxBills said:

I think most people defending Foster here are of the opinion that we shouldn't be quick to judge.  Especially since this woman has done this before to someone else.  And since there is actually evidence that she was hurt else where.

But I'm sure you know all this already.  It's just odd how you miss understood the point opposed to yours.

I don't think you understood the point. He was responding angrily or annoyed, however he'd want to put it to a tweet by some ESPN guy I've never heard of who said he hopes the follow up story gets as much coverage as the initial story. He said of course it won't, and I can infer from that, that he wish it would.

Which is just beyond reasonable.

A) I don't believe anything he or she says. 

B) I genuinely don't know because I haven't followed it that closely, did he have assault weapons? 

C) It doesn't qualify as news from an objective stand point. What happens to Reuben Foster, a NFL LB with a lot of talent who fell in the draft because of "character concerns" is a news story. What happens to the girl who may or may not have changed her story multiple times who is not a public persona after the trial, is not a news story. It doesn't warrant ESPN or any other news outlets resources. 

That's a lot different than just, "defending the presumption of innocence". That's a vendetta.

Edited by Ol Dirty B
Changed stupid to reasonable. Poor choice of words on my part

16 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

You know there are safe places you can go to and services you can avail yourself of when your partner gets violent/beats you.  The key is to just get out...

For women, yes.  Not for men, not really.

2 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

You can convict anyone in the court of public opinion, as ridulous and baseless as it may be.

I like to apply logic and common sense and not rush to judgement.

Man you're good. Check my prior post, I thought they'd be merged.

That could be very well what you mean, I just interpreted it differently. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

3 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

Unfortunately that's the way of the world in all things. 

The original story goes on the front page with a 36-pt headline and the retraction gets printed on page 16 in 8 pt narrow.

4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

For women, yes.  Not for men, not really.

There are some.

As a PSA I'll put this here

http://www.thehotline.org/2014/07/22/men-can-be-victims-of-abuse-too/

Always worth calling to ask.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I don't think you understood the point. He was responding angrily or annoyed, however he'd want to put it to a tweet by some ESPN guy I've never heard of who said he hopes the follow up story gets as much coverage as the initial story. He said of course it won't, and I can infer from that, that he wish it would.

Which is just beyond stupid.

A) I don't believe anything he or she says. 

B) I genuinely don't know because I haven't followed it that closely, did he have assault weapons? 

C) It doesn't qualify as news from an objective stand point. What happens to Reuben Foster, a NFL LB with a lot of talent who fell in the draft because of "character concerns" is a news story. What happens to the girl who may or may not have changed her story multiple times who is not a public persona after the trial, is not a news story. It doesn't warrant ESPN or any other news outlets resources. 

That's a lot different than just, "defending the presumption of innocence". That's a vendetta.

Dude, I think it boils down to condeming him before or after we know the facts. 

You seem happy to just proclaim them all guilty and wash your hands of it.

Some of us think there is more we don't know... Or ever will.  So let it play out.  But it looks a lot like he will play and be a free man.  So have a good day my friend.

1 hour ago, JaxBills said:

What pisses me off about this sort of thing is that it makes real domestic violence cases more difficult to prosecute.  Victims become more uncertain about being believed, people become more uncertain about whether accusers can be believed.  It doesn't raise awareness of domestic violence, it exacerbates the difficulty of addressing it.

What really pisses me off, though, is the small but militant set of feminists who will say her lying was a public service to domestic violence victims.  No, it really isn't.  

• Like (+1) 1