Reuben Foster arrested for second time this offseason; DV suspected

YoloinOhio

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
2 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

The woman has already acknowledged that she lied and received her injuries from a fight with another woman and not from the 8 - 10 punches to the head that Foster allegedly delivered. Now we are supposed to believe that he threw a dog across a room and miraculously the dog wasn't injured?

Is it possible for any Bama player to be a bad person?  Probably not right?  I'm guessing Saban is such a miraculous man that he turns all thugs into saints before they leave Bama.  Don't worry about the formative years because when Saban gets a hold of your kid, he will make sure before anything else that he is ready to enter and contribute to society as an adult.

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

They are at their Mensa meeting, yo

Nah, not true.

On Wednesdays we sit around and have rap sessions and discuss whether or not we could come within 30 points of that powerhouse University of Iowa.

24 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Is it possible for any Bama player to be a bad person?  Probably not right?  I'm guessing Saban is such a miraculous man that he turns all thugs into saints before they leave Bama.  Don't worry about the formative years because when Saban gets a hold of your kid, he will make sure before anything else that he is ready to enter and contribute to society as an adult.

The jealousy will eat away at you if you can't let go. :)

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/11/2018 at 7:44 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not to hijack a thread, but it always amazes me that we have a second Amendment and still see headlines about people arrested with guns.  The irony of our 2nd amendment being posed to us as a crime.

Edited by JaxBills
Wrong amendment.
  • Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

John Lynch is still standing by the kid.

1 minute ago, JaxBills said:

Not to hijack a thread, but it always amazes me that we have a First Amendment and still see headlines about people arrested with guns.  The irony of our first amendment being posed to us as a crime.

2nd amendment?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Bill from NYC said:

This is quite true.

And in my personal experience with two very good friends of mine also a woman's tool of Vengeance at times

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

2nd amendment?

My bad, lol

I've been to court for domestic violence. I have never laid a hand on a woman in my life. But my ex-wife used it against me and a custody battle. In the end I got full custody of our daughter.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
4 minutes ago, JaxBills said:

John Lynch is still standing by the kid.

Well, he did take him with a high second round pick despite the stories about him.  It doesn't exactly serve John Lynch well to admit he wasted a high second round pick on a player that may be unavailable to them after 1 season due to the rumors about his personality being true.  The rumors he chose to ignore when he drafted him.  If Foster was a choir boy, he would have easily been a top 15 pick, if not top 10.  Lynch stuck his neck out a bit to draft him so it is no surprise he is sticking by him.  It's called self preservation.

3 minutes ago, JaxBills said:

And in my personal experience with two very good friends of mine also a woman's tool of Vengeance at times

My bad, lol

I've been to court for domestic violence. I have never laid a hand on a woman in my life. But my ex-wife used it against me and a custody battle. In the end I got full custody of our daughter.

I was accused of rape by a girl one time and it was infuriating.  The girl just wanted a reason to give her ex a call and saying she was raped was definitely a reason.

The guy left a message on my cell phone threatening me, I called him back.  After 5 minutes, we knew she was lying.  We then started exchanging texts back and forth from her playing both sides.  She kept replying to me that she never said that or accused me and that she had a great time with me and wants to hangout again.  He sent me texts from her saying the exact opposite.  We laughed.

4 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Well, he did take him with a high second round pick despite the stories about him.  It doesn't exactly serve John Lynch well to admit he wasted a high second round pick on a player that may be unavailable to them after 1 season due to the rumors about his personality being true.  The rumors he chose to ignore when he drafted him.  If Foster was a choir boy, he would have easily been a top 15 pick, if not top 10.  Lynch stuck his neck out a bit to draft him so it is no surprise he is sticking by him.  It's called self preservation.

Unless you're right. Then it's suicide.

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I was accused of rape by a girl one time and it was infuriating.  The girl just wanted a reason to give her ex a call and saying she was raped was definitely a reason.

The guy left a message on my cell phone threatening me, I called him back.  After 5 minutes, we knew she was lying.  We then started exchanging texts back and forth from her playing both sides.  She kept replying to me that she never said that or accused me and that she had a great time with me and wants to hangout again.  He sent me texts from her saying the exact opposite.  We laughed.

The bailiff told me after the hearing that the judge could tell who was lying within 5 minutes. Apparently she figured it out sooner than that with my ex. I never even had to defend myself. But it's scary that we live in a system that the accusation is enough to bring a man to court, ruin his name, and put them at risk of losing his job.

Unless you know something that we don't K gun, you are proof of my last point.

And the worst thing is there are horrible acts of domestic violence going on in the world. In your neighbors homes. But we cling to The Sensational ones. Not the ones next door that we can prevent.

Edited by JaxBills

55 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Sure it is possible for Bama players to be bad people. People are people. Foster:

-comes from the projects in a small city, growing up in a drug culture

-No father in the home

-Gets full scholarship to Alabama

-Joins an environment with a Prominent Father figure.

-EVERY move is monitored, held accountable for practically every class/practice/meeting/workout.

-Makes it through 4 years, earning a college degree, becoming a team leader and voted Permanent Team captain by his peers

-Gets drafted and signs for million$

-Moves to a big metropolis, has unlimited funds, nobody watching over him

-Gets into trouble 

this could be many different players at many different college programs. 

While at Alabama, he received financial planning training, he received life coaching, he received training on public speaking and "building a brand", he received training on proper use of social media, he became a college graduate, he was put into position to earn his fortune.  I think at this point, you gotta say that this guy was given every opportunity to be successful, he just chooses not to.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, JaxBills said:

Not to hijack a thread, but it always amazes me that we have a First Amendment and still see headlines about people arrested with guns.  The irony of our first amendment being posed to us as a crime.

The crime is the domestic violence. What makes the situation even more dangerous then and after the fact is the abuser possessing a weapon. That's why in many jurisdictions through their court systems abusers are not allowed to have guns. 

57 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Late first Round pick. Traded back in to grab him at #31. 

18 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The crime is the domestic violence. What makes the situation even more dangerous then and after the fact is the abuser possessing a weapon. That's why in many jurisdictions through their court systems abusers are not allowed to have guns. 

Lol.  I wasn't born yesterday.  

I didn't know this young man had been convicted of any crimes yet.

At the same time I do believe you missed my point entirely.

The irony of our 2nd Amendment right over time being turned into something in itself that's taboo.

Our system preaches prohibition before responsibility.

8 minutes ago, JaxBills said:

Lol.  I wasn't born yesterday.  

I didn't know this young man had been convicted of any crimes yet.

At the same time I do believe you missed my point entirely.

I'm aware what your point is. On the other hand you missed my point. In some jurisdictions in domestic violence cases guns can be confiscated by the police responding to the scene and later by the court system even before a conviction. It has to do with the nature of the crime where anger and emotion are part of the dangerous and volatile mix in the relationship.

http://www.preventdvgunviolence.org/assets/documents/legal-landscape/police-seizure-of-firearms-at-scenes-of-domestic-violence.pdf

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I'm aware what your point is. On the other hand you missed my point. In some jurisdictions in domestic violence cases guns can be confiscated by the police responding to the scene and later by the court system even before a conviction. It has to do with the nature of the crime where anger and emotion are part of the dangerous and volatile mix in the relationship.

http://www.preventdvgunviolence.org/assets/documents/legal-landscape/police-seizure-of-firearms-at-scenes-of-domestic-violence.pdf

The issue about the gun was totally separate. That's why I even made a point to say I didn't mean to hijack the thread. I don't agree that there should be any laws abridging or taking away from the Bill of Rights. 

On my second note I have already discussed how domestic violence has influenced the way I view it. I've made my point clearly. I do understand yours. I made a point to separate the two points from each other. But you insist to take my separate points and argue them as one.

I believe you just jumped in where I quoted your post. I don't believe you have actually taken a moment to read my view through this thread.

Convicted felons do lose constitutional rights. They lose the right to vote, they lose the right to bear arms. I do agree with this.

And if you actually go back and look at what I've stated, I know they take your guns. They took mine.

Edited by JaxBills

8 minutes ago, JaxBills said:

The issue about the gun was totally separate. That's why I even made a point to say I didn't mean to hijack the thread. I don't agree that there should be any laws abridging or taking away from the Bill of Rights. 

On my second note I have already discussed how domestic violence has influenced the way I view it. I've made my point clearly. I do understand yours. I made a point to separate the two points from each other. But you insist to take my separate points and argue them as one.

I believe you just jumped in where I quoted your post. I don't believe you have actually taken a moment to read my view through this thread.

Convicted felons do lose constitutional rights. They lose the right to vote, they lose the right to bear arms. I do agree with this.

The point I brought up was about the issue of guns and domestic violence. It is a special circumstance which is handled in a specific way in many jurisdictions because of the volatility of the situation. I cited a link that demonstrated that point. 

Your personal situation is a sad situation but it demonstrates the intense emotion and anger that can arise from a domestic conflict. In your case the court sorted out the truth and adjudicated accordingly. 

With respect to convicted felons losing their constitutional rights I understand why one can forfeit their right to own a gun but I don't understand why a convicted felon who has served his time (including probation) shouldn't have their voting rights restored. What is the harm or risk of someone voting?

19 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The point I brought up was about the issue of guns and domestic violence. It is a special circumstance which is handled in a specific way in many jurisdictions because of the volatility of the situation. I cited a link that demonstrated that point. 

Your personal situation is a sad situation but it demonstrates the intense emotion and anger that can arise from a domestic conflict. In your case the court sorted out the truth and adjudicated accordingly. 

With respect to convicted felons losing their constitutional rights I understand why one can forfeit their right to own a gun but I don't understand why a convicted felon who has served his time (including probation) shouldn't have their voting rights restored. What is the harm or risk of someone voting?

A lack of emotion in Anger is what saved me and my domestic violence circumstance. 

Voting is the most important thing an American citizen can do. It carries more responsibility than almost any other decision that you can make pertaining to the welfare of your country. Anyone who trivializes the meaning of your vote doesn't truly understand the meaning of their vote.

If you've ever seen the original Starship Troopers, they even make Civil Service a prerequisite to have a vote, lol.  Not that movies really mean anything. But it is an example of how some of us view voting.

Elections may just hold a special place in my heart as well, my birthday is November 6th.:D