Reuben Foster arrested for second time this offseason; DV suspected

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

Guy was a stud for sf. Hopefully he gets his life together. 

I do hope he gets his life together, but I’m also glad we avoided that headache! My boys loved him, but now I’m asking if the combine wasn’t enough of a red flag. 

I remember watching highlight films of Ragland after we drafted him and noticing all the plays Foster was making.  

Then I watched this clip of film on ESPN and thought to myself.......Nah, wouldn't want this guy on my team.  Dumb enough to smoke pot 2 weeks out from the combine that comes with the lame I drank too much to get to weight excuse.  You know how else you can gain weight?  Eat a **** load of steak and ice cream if you want to pack on a few lbs.  The amount of water you have to drink to hgave a diluted sample is absurd.  Also dude got in a fight with a nurse at the hospital....a fight that was so disrespectful they sent his ass packing......

Not surprised at all. 

1 hour ago, Lfod said:

I'm throwing a wild guess out here but maybe the person he committed domestic violence against said he owned one?

I thought assault rifles were perfectly legal to carry around openly these days. 

Maybe he had it under a blanket in a car, so he's charged with it being "concealed"?

Edit: I looked it up and apparently in CA all sorts of semi-automatic weapons that are legal in neighboring states, are illegal without a special "dangerous weapons" permit.

I hope he has a good lawyer; Aldon Smith got off pretty lightly

55 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I thought assault rifles were perfectly legal to carry around openly these days. 

Maybe he had it under a blanket in a car, so he's charged with it being "concealed"?

Edit: I looked it up and apparently in CA all sorts of semi-automatic weapons that are legal in neighboring states, are illegal without a special "dangerous weapons" permit.

I hope he has a good lawyer; Aldon Smith got off pretty lightly

The saying goes hell hath no fury like a woman scourned. What started as a domestic abuse turned into suspicion of automatic weapons. 

At some point you have to walk away from a toxic relationship. That sweet girl at the start can turn into your worst enemy. If your in a relationship that can't be fixed when it goes bad, just leave before it gets ugly. 

I'm wildly speculating but I've been around long enough to know about people in relationships and when the girl had enough she turned the guy in for anything and everything.

I'm not sure what the outcome is for this guy but he's getting attention in the wrong ways. If he makes it out semi decent he should probably lay low and just focus on milking that NFL money if still possible.

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 1

Good football player, but bad mentality. Some of these athletes piss their entire lives away with the foolish off the field decisions they make. Every time I hear Robert Deniro saying, "Wasted talent."

4 hours ago, Lfod said:

The saying goes hell hath no fury like a woman scourned. What started as a domestic abuse turned into suspicion of automatic weapons. 

At some point you have to walk away from a toxic relationship. That sweet girl at the start can turn into your worst enemy. If your in a relationship that can't be fixed when it goes bad, just leave before it gets ugly. 

I'm wildly speculating but I've been around long enough to know about people in relationships and when the girl had enough she turned the guy in for anything and everything.

I'm not sure what the outcome is for this guy but he's getting attention in the wrong ways. If he makes it out semi decent he should probably lay low and just focus on milking that NFL money if still possible.

Very, very well stated sir.  I wish I'd read this post 4 relationships ago....

Spot on my friend. ????

11 hours ago, Steptide said:

I will never understand these kind of things. I guess I'm just from a different walk of life, but I will never understand how people completely blow their careers over this kind of thing 

Unfortunately, it’s part of their culture.  Had a co-worker who grew up in Oakland.   He was telling us about he and his wife meeting  up with someone to sell a car and he says “of course the wife had a gun in her purse in case there was any funny business”. While most of us were taken aback by this, I thought  that I guess that’s just what they’re used to

57 minutes ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Unfortunately, it’s part of their culture.  Had a co-worker who grew up in Oakland.   He was telling us about he and his wife meeting  up with someone to sell a car and he says “of course the wife had a gun in her purse in case there was any funny business”. While most of us were taken aback by this, I thought  that I guess that’s just what they’re used to

Who are "they" exactly?  Do you mean blacks?   That Foster is black and you used "they" twice to refer to whomever you're referring to suggests you're simply dealing in stereotypes.  Do you believe that being involved in/tolerant of organized crime is part of the culture of Italians in NY/NJ, too?

Maybe Foster's bad behavior stems from being raised in the southern football "culture" in which talented football players, white and black, are given passes for all their bad behavior.   I'm sure it's a big shock when some pampered SEC players realize that being "on the team" doesn't exempt them from obeying the law.

Edited by SoTier