Why Nick Foles will most likely be traded before March 16?

15 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

I could see a trade of Foles to the Colts for there 2nd round pick. So he will be playing for Frank Reich. Colts then trade Andrew Luck if healthy to the Bills for there 2 number 1 picks. The colts end up with 3 number ones and rebuild there team. 

No thanks.  I'd rather just trade the 22nd for Foles.

16 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

I could see a trade of Foles to the Colts for there 2nd round pick. So he will be playing for Frank Reich. Colts then trade Andrew Luck if healthy to the Bills for there 2 number 1 picks. The colts end up with 3 number ones and rebuild there team. 

If Luck is healthy, he's the Colts' QB.  

On 2/10/2018 at 7:13 PM, IgotBILLStopay said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agents-take-foles-free-agents-and-all-the-offseason-decisions-the-eagles-now-face/amp/

Several new outlets have been reporting that Philly's best option is to retain Foles as insurance till Wentz is fully healthy. I disagree.

Philly has one of the worst cap situations in the league. See, for example, the link provided above. It is so bad that let alone Foles' 7 mill, even the 3 mill roster bonus that Philly will have to eat if Foles is not traded or released before March 16 might be difficult to stomach.

Pederson's comments minutes after winning the super bowl where he was very reluctant to give a ringing endorsement to Foles ( he said one person does not make a team or something like that) as well as the fact that Foles' trade value might never be higher will likely ensure a Foles trade.

Glad to see you disagree with the team that just won the SB and took out NE. I'm sure your fan perspective will be taken in full account this off season. As one poster said Wentz won't be ready until minimum week 4 and they have zero reason to rush him with Foles who they could then trade at the deadline if all looks good.

I've heard that Philly is high on Sudfeld and I would not be surprised if they trade Foles and ride it out with Sudfeld until Wentz is back healthy. The big question is do I want him in Buffalo and I am hesitant to go either way. He really looked the part for most of the playoff run and has had success in the past. Could be worth a shot especially if we are not trading up to get Rosen, Darnold, Allen or Mayfield. I see a large drop-off after those 4 and would not be satisfied with Lamar Jackson or Rudolph. Ideally I want Cousins.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/BarnwellxFiveNFCMoves2018/five-moves-nfc-team-make-2018-nfl-offseason-trades-free-agency-cuts-bill-barnwell

Explore the trade market for Nick Foles. 

I mentioned this in my Super Bowl recap, but the Eagles should operate from a position of strength with Foles given the uncertainty surrounding Carson Wentz's knee. The Eagles don't need to trade Foles, and if they don't get a great offer, they should hold on to him for another year.

If a team like the Bills or Jets offers the Eagles one of its second-round picks for Foles, it might be a good opportunity to sell high on a player who isn't going to supplant Wentz in the long term and will hit free agency in 2019.

The Eagles could choose to replace Foles with a veteran like Josh McCown. It wouldn't be a surprise to see veterans who are chasing a ring like McCown head to Philadelphia for smaller-than-expected deals this offseason.

Designate Jason Peters as a post-June 1 release. 

The Eagles need to clear out more room, though, and the vast majority of their roster consists of players coach Doug Pederson & Co. are locked into through 2018. Peters is one of the few exceptions, and Halapoulivaati Vaitai showed enough improvement during the season for the Eagles to turn a starting job at tackle over to their swing tackle.

The offseason might mark the moment when the Eagles finally move Lane Johnson to the left side, but regardless of how the Eagles line up Vaitai and Johnson, it would be difficult to bring back Peters at a cap hit of $11.7 million coming off a torn ACL. The best-case scenario for the Eagles would be for Peters to return after a pay cut, but if they designate the 36-year-old as a post-June 1 release, they can free up $8 million in cap room.

7 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

You guys are missing the obvious.  The Eagles will keep Foles, they will trade us Wentz for the 3rd and 5th we picked up in earlier deals, then we sign Cousins in FA, voila, SB LIII will be ours

why not throw in Peters too.  He could retire where he started.  

Wonder where Foles is on all this?  In his prime, at his peak this past season, do I want to sit around and be a back-up?  No I want to go somewhere and play and have a career, and most importantly a Jimmy G style contract.  I'd be the biggest malcontent in Philly LOL

8 minutes ago, MarkyMannn said:

Wonder where Foles is on all this?  In his prime, at his peak this past season, do I want to sit around and be a back-up?  No I want to go somewhere and play and have a career, and most importantly a Jimmy G style contract.  I'd be the biggest malcontent in Philly LOL

I'm sure he'd love to get a chance to be a starter.  (as most do)  

it comes down to what the Bills plan to do in the draft WRT a QB.   How long are they planning to let the guy develop?  

If Buffalo is out of the running with Cousins due to salary issues, Foles should be the next in line.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

3 minutes ago, MarkyMannn said:

Not in his character and he should be thankful that the Eagles' coaching staff allowed him to resurrect his career.   Eventually, he'll get another chance to show he's a fulltime starter. 

40 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not in his character and he should be thankful that the Eagles' coaching staff allowed him to resurrect his career.   Eventually, he'll get another chance to show he's a fulltime starter. 

Very well summarized....but I'm not sure you're going to end up being correct. I'm sure Foles has excellent 'character' but an NFL career is not very long. I'm going to thing his Agent and he have other plans for his immediate future.  It's really hard for me to believe he's going to be satisfied giving up his starting spot if he leads the Eagles to a 4-0 start.  That would be really rare in today's professional sports world. We are all just going to have to wait and see.

29 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Very well summarized....but I'm not sure you're going to end up being correct. I'm sure Foles has excellent 'character' but an NFL career is not very long. I'm going to thing his Agent and he have other plans for his immediate future.  It's really hard for me to believe he's going to be satisfied giving up his starting spot if he leads the Eagles to a 4-0 start.  That would be really rare in today's professional sports world. We are all just going to have to wait and see.

Foles is 29 and under contract for 2018.  Wentz is the man in Philadelphia and there is no question about that.  It's not up to Foles or his agent what happens to him until 2019.  I can envision a preseason or in-season trade once things are clarified with regard to Wentz returning.   Anything before then doesn't make sense from the Eagles perspective.