Unlike some years, there's not much to talk about now

Shaw66

There's really only one question in February 2018:   Who will be the Bills' starting QB in September?   That's it.   That question, of course, is a HUGE question, and there's all the draft analysis and all the free agent talk about that.   

But for me, at least, there's nothing else.   We know who the GM is and will be, we know who the head coach is and, at least for now, there's not a lot of point in talking about them being great or terrible.   It's too early. 

Yeah, there are going to be some moves on the coaching staff, but the big one's already happened (Daboll) and there's not much to say about him until we see the 2018 offense. 

And yes, there are all those holes in the roster.   But really, all that's going to happen is the Bills are going to draft some guys and sign some free agents.   Some of us will like some of the guys the Bills get and some will be unhappy that they didn't get other guys.   In the end, it's going to be a decent collection of talent, and the Bills record won't turn on how good those guys are - it will turn on how well coached they are. 

And on the QB.   So it's wait for the franchise deadline and free agency.   Then it's wait for the draft.   THEN we'll have plenty to talk about.  

• Like (+1) 2

Truly there’s a bunch but there’s not as much soap opera gossip 

Defensive line? Linebacker situation? Pass rush in general?

Wide receivers? Running back depth? Offensive line and whether we start 2018 with 3 new starters in the group?

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Truly there’s a bunch but there’s not as much soap opera gossip 

Defensive line? Linebacker situation? Pass rush in general?

Wide receivers? Running back depth? Offensive line and whether we start 2018 with 3 new starters in the group?

Yes was going to say the same. There's much more to be interested in just besides QB, speaking for myself anyways. Curious about the Dline, what will happen there, will Kyle retire, what new guys will be brought in because that is definitely an area of need. And LB, loved MM and  will he be a starter next season. Need help at that position also. More than just QB to be talked about or interested in.

But I see what you mean, at least I think I do, is that nothing is really going on too much since Alex Smith and Jimmy Grop stuff was anounced. So maybe you mean it's just "slow" as of right now. But anyways.....

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

At this point there are a ton of questions, and no answers. I plan to start a new thread for every question I can think of (regardless of how ever many already exist on the topic). Then I can sit back and take fire!  That should keep me entertained for a while. :)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Thanks for making a thread telling us that there isn’t much to talk about right now.

....yup...off to Home Depot for a can of Sherwin Williams to watch it dry............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

There's really only one question in February 2018:   Who will be the Bills' starting QB in September?   That's it.   That question, of course, is a HUGE question, and there's all the draft analysis and all the free agent talk about that.   

But for me, at least, there's nothing else.   We know who the GM is and will be, we know who the head coach is and, at least for now, there's not a lot of point in talking about them being great or terrible.   It's too early. 

Yeah, there are going to be some moves on the coaching staff, but the big one's already happened (Daboll) and there's not much to say about him until we see the 2018 offense. 

And yes, there are all those holes in the roster.   But really, all that's going to happen is the Bills are going to draft some guys and sign some free agents.   Some of us will like some of the guys the Bills get and some will be unhappy that they didn't get other guys.   In the end, it's going to be a decent collection of talent, and the Bills record won't turn on how good those guys are - it will turn on how well coached they are. 

And on the QB.   So it's wait for the franchise deadline and free agency.   Then it's wait for the draft.   THEN we'll have plenty to talk about.  

Does that mean that I can't argue with Kirby because there is a moratorium during this languid period of the offseason?  I don't care what you say if he says anything positive about Taylor and  continues to interminably talk about the cap I'm going to knife him in the gut. :D 

Edited by JohnC

4 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Does that mean that I can't argue with Kirby because there is a moratorium during this languid period of the offseason?  I don't care what you say if he says anything positive about Taylor and  continues to interminably talks about the cap I'm going to knife him in the gut. :D 

You're gona stick him deep huh? lol

Just now, Patrick_Duffy said:

You're gona stick him deep huh? lol

An Italian stiletto that has been used for debt collection will be back in service. His public impertinence towards me will not be tolerated. Street justice and street education. Enough is enough!:ph34r:

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

An Italian stiletto that has been used for debt collection will be back in service. His public impertinence towards me will not be tolerated. Street justice and street education. Enough is enough!:ph34r:

Seems reasonable.

Hold your ground and defend your honor 

B-)

I think

The most important thing is easily...
How is the new offense going to be designed? What will they do to improve all facets of Offense ?
 and who will they bring in. Are the Coaching Staff in place?
I love Bills off Season.  Tis Season of Hope.

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I have an unsolvable dilemma. I have no honor to defend. So I have to resort to defending my disreputable reputation. :D 

well,

i see you are without options.

Defend what ya brung to the dance My friend ;)

Edited by 3rdand12

Just now, mead107 said:

Big question is how Tyrod will fit the new offense. ????

No. The Big Question is what i stated. If you answer my question ? That is the umbrella for all the Tyrod questions. which is why I win about what is most important.
 You are the runner up so far .