QB's... Where they land... Story on NFL.com

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

At the same time... they're over the cap, and could use a Foles trade to add a player, as well as some cap relief.

Part of me thinks that there is no way this guy sits on the bench next year. He is far better than a lot of starting QBs, and his performance, in successive weeks, against ATL (a very good game -- 100.1 rating), the #1 defense in Minnesota (which he SHREDDED), and the #5 scoring defense in NE (which he completely shredded too) plus his ridiculous numbers in 2013 seems to suggest that he'll be starting for some team in early September. Production/talent like that can't really sit. 

He has started 4 playoff games now and has played extremely well in every one of them. They lost 26-24 on the last play of the game (FG) against NO in 2013, so it wasn't like he didn't do his job. He had a rating of 105.0 in that game. In fact, he's never had UNDER a 100 rating in four postseason games. That is ridonkulous.

Edited by dave mcbride

If Darnold slips past first overall I’d bet a lot of money the Bills do what’s necessary to move up for him. He’s totally a McDermott type of player. 

I think Taylor/Allen is a good prediction for Arizona. 

If it was Keenum, I wouldn’t be too upset... but at that point I’d probably just keep Tyrod if there wasn’t a rookie drafted 

Edited by Dkollidas

8 hours ago, 2003Contenders said:

Honestly, if the Bills really are unable to trade up to get a franchise guy and the best they can do in free agency is Keenum, I could live with hanging onto Tyrod AND drafting Lamar Jackson.

Good god I hope not. Jackson would be another disaster. A runner who only completes 57% of his passes. Just once, get a QB who is accurate and stays in the pocket. 

On 2/9/2018 at 12:35 PM, BuffaloRebound said:

If Darnold lasts to #6 and we don't trade up, I'll be pissed.  

Maybe yellow is your color.

On 2/9/2018 at 1:49 PM, John from Hemet said:

It amazes me how more fans dont understand this

I see passing yards recited all day while they steer clear of ball security.

The point is valid that you have to score points to win.....but turning the ball over will beat you every time.  Look how far the jags made it by NOT doing it while teams like the steelers turned the ball over and lost.

Turnovers depend on when - if it is on 3rd or 4th down and it is a long throw with short yardage after catch it is basically a punt.  You need to balance ball security vs being able to get yards against "give and take" defenses.

You would have to say Foles is a top 15 QB after the way he played in the playoffs. Let's not forget that the Eagles have a ideal situation for a QB to be successful. 

They have the good O-Line, they have big WR's with big catch radius, after Gronk retires they will have the best TE in the NFL, they have a very good running game.

If the Bills did get Foles they would need to upgrade the O-line, get another big WR and upgrade the TE.  

After watching the super bowl you can see that the Bills are at least two years away from being able to acquire the talent that is needed make it there.

I think AJ McCarron is a better QB than Foles but I like both of those guys as upgrades to Taylor. I think we could make a playoff push in 2018 if we had either of these QB's and make a strong push in 2019 for a super bowl. 

I think we could copy the Eagles blue print and contend in 2019.

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 1:32 PM, Stank_Nasty said:

from what ive gleaned he should be a go for week 1 but I heard that they shouldn't expect him to be 100%.... I don't think its out of the realm of possibility to see foles for 2 or 3 weeks to give him another month. if ya have that luxury what not use it?

I vote with you Stank-Nasty

I would not play a ACL recovering franchise QB at less than 100% and risk a Bradford situation.

Especially with a Foles sitting on the roster. I mean the Eagles goal right now is to keep their Super Bowl window open and Foles starting for a few and Wentz coming on later seems to be the smartest way to go.

Edited by cba fan

On 2/9/2018 at 12:31 PM, kdiggz said:

Keenum has 1 total outlier season otherwise very comparable to Fitz or other journeyman type QB's like McCown.  Might as well get one of them, they will be half the price

When I think Keenum, I think of fitz.  Keenum might be a bit stockier, and he might have a bit better of an arm, but he invokes a lot of fitz for me.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/9/2018 at 4:11 PM, dave mcbride said:

Part of me thinks that there is no way this guy sits on the bench next year. He is far better than a lot of starting QBs, and his performance, in successive weeks, against ATL (a very good game -- 100.1 rating), the #1 defense in Minnesota (which he SHREDDED), and the #5 scoring defense in NE (which he completely shredded too) plus his ridiculous numbers in 2013 seems to suggest that he'll be starting for some team in early September. Production/talent like that can't really sit. 

He has started 4 playoff games now and has played extremely well in every one of them. They lost 26-24 on the last play of the game (FG) against NO in 2013, so it wasn't like he didn't do his job. He had a rating of 105.0 in that game. In fact, he's never had UNDER a 100 rating in four postseason games. That is ridonkulous.

Foles is kind of the Anti-Smith in this regard

Oh my God NOOOO! Keenum is TT with a MUCH better roster. Even if he is able to continue at the same level, he'll limit our chances of winning a SB. I suspect he'd be overpaid and we'd have to eat a lot of dead money to unload him like when we gave Fitz a long term contract.

On February 9, 2018 at 1:50 PM, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Listening on the radio in Chicago because of snow storm. They are talking about how much holding didn't get called on the O-Line during the playoffs. Just another reason to have a QB who can put up big numbers passing the football.

The NFL game is now completely and totally offensively focused and driven.

It is insane to try and swim against that current and build a Defense that is so dominating it can consistently stop any QB/offense, while neglecting your own offense.

It just doesn't make any sense at all.

....what is the over/under on "Bring Him In" threads??...................

Report: Bears expected to release Mike Glennon

Vincent Frank
1 hr ago

The entire Mike Glennon experiment in Chicago lasted all but four starts. Less than a year after signing the career backup to a three-year, $45 million contract, the Bears are expected to move on from Glennon completely this offseason.

“The writing is clearly on the wall that Glennon will not be playing in Chicago next season,” ESPN’s Jeff Dickerson reports.

Glennon, 28, posted a 1-3 record with four touchdowns and five interceptions in his four starts last season prior to being replaced under center by rookie Mitch Trubisky. The quarterback’s deal called for $18.5 million guaranteed, meaning that the Bears will incur a $4.5 million dead cap hit when they eventually release him this offseason. This also means that the team paid him north of $4.6 million per start during his brief tenure in the Windy City.

With a projected cap hit of $16 million in 2018, it’s not a surprise that the Bears would move on from Glennon. Though, it’s a clear indication that the decision to sign him last March was a major mistake for GM Ryan Pace and Co.