QB's... Where they land... Story on NFL.com

41 minutes ago, Augie said:

I don’t want to see Darnold in a Jets uniform.....

That’s my first thought. 

the Browns are so stupid if they take Mayfield over Darnold.

2 minutes ago, 416BillsFan said:

I agree. Case is the QB I'd least like to have from the Vikings trio. He's improved but isn't as skilled as Bradford. Much of his success was because of how good Diggs & Thielen were at getting YAC.

I'd also prefer Sam Bradford if I was guaranteed he'd play 14 games....

53 minutes ago, BuffaloDave55 said:

I'd be happy with this.... Keeping our draft picks

www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000915618/article/ten-offseason-storylines-that-will-shape-the-2018-nfl-season

a fool's task, to be sure, but let's unfurl our DEEPLY UNRELIABLE SIGNAL-CALLING MATCHMAKER-BOT 1.0, which quickly and haphazardly pairs available veteran and draft-eligible quarterbacks with needy teams:

» Browns: Baker Mayfield

» Giants: Josh Rosen

» Broncos: Kirk Cousins

» Jets: Sam Darnold

» Dolphins: Stay put with Ryan Tannehill

» Cardinals: Josh Allen, Tyrod Taylor

» Bills: Case Keenum

» Vikings: Teddy Bridgewater

If the Bills are content with Case Keenum at QB, then there is no hope for this franchise. 

• Like (+1) 1

Rosen has a better arm than Darnold...based on what I saw of them this year..... Darnold is more athletic. but.Rosen has a football head say the coaches.   Lots of QB's fail because they lack the head. (see Manuel, Losman,, Sanchez)  In any event, I don't favor trading two one's plus more to move up.......to many holes on the Bills, despite a  9-7 year and making the playoffs. Keeping TT  and groom the guy from OSU works for me. And, I haven't given up on Peterman.......even though he showed slow reactions in his first year.   (the LA game against the Chargers was a terrible place to start a career.)

13 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Foles will stay in Philly, Wentz may not start and Foles is under contract for another year

ACL is 18 months nominal, so you may well be correct.

39 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Woops...I missed that in your post.  Sorry.  I agree, I would like to get either Darnold, Rosen, or Cousins.  Not sure on Mayfield, but all the others are not huge upgrades, which is what I prefer as well.  I want someone that can be our QB for the next 15 years, and be a top 10 NFL QB.  Someone you see in commercials, holding up the Lombardi trophy.

No prob PIZ:thumbsup: 

9 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yuck yuck yuck yuck!!!

Case Keenum and we don't draft a 1st round QB?!

These guys are nuts.  I highly highly highly doubt that happens.

How do these "analysts" make a living?

I already have his Bills nickname picked out:

Casey Holcomb

That horrible pick-six he threw to Patrick Robinson with the Vikes up 7-0 in Philly was the epitome of how destructive an awful turnover can be.

His interception in the divisional round game against the Saints also changed the momentum of that game and they were lucky to survive that.

QB's that throw Cutler-esque "how the hell did he think he'd complete that" or wounded-duck interceptions can emotionally demoralize a team and if they don't get their feet back under them quick things can snowball.

This is why turnovers are such a crucial stat............they can really cause a massive negative synergy in a game. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Casey Holcomb

That horrible pick-six he threw to Patrick Robinson with the Vikes up 7-0 in Philly was the epitome of how destructive an awful turnover can be.

His interception in the divisional round game against the Saints also changed the momentum of that game and they were lucky to survive that.

QB's that throw Cutler-esque "how the hell did he think he'd complete that" or wounded-duck interceptions can emotionally demoralize a team and if they don't get their feet back under them quick things can snowball.

This is why turnovers are such a crucial stat............they can really cause a massive negative synergy in a game. 

It amazes me how more fans dont understand this

I see passing yards recited all day while they steer clear of ball security.

The point is valid that you have to score points to win.....but turning the ball over will beat you every time.  Look how far the jags made it by NOT doing it while teams like the steelers turned the ball over and lost.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Casey Holcomb

Diggs and Thielen led the league in contested catches too. Keenum had a good year, no doubt -- and always bear in mind that when you play qb for Jeff Fisher, 15 points is automatically deducted from your passer rating. That said, his receivers saved him a bunch of times this year. Plus Minnesota's defense was #1 in almost every category.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Wagon Circler said:

I'm sorry. When did Fitz or McCown take their team to a conf. championship game?

I missed that.

put anyone on a team with the best defense in the NFL and they will win games.  they made it that far because of a busted play at the end, they would have been 1 and done.  they showed the following week they didnt belong.  he's not a bad QB, he's a very average to below average QB.  he will surely be looking for big bucks based on 1 season with one of the best teams in the NFL.  he doesn't deserve it.  that would be no different than us giving Fitz the big contract back in the day.  1 good season does not make you good all of a sudden

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PIZ said:

I disagree.  Not exactly who I want, but he is an upgrade over Tyrod.  He at least scans the field and throws an accurate ball.  Actually throws to receivers instead of dump offs or throwing over their heads.

I think they would still draft a QB like White or Rudolph in this scenario.

I agree.  Keenum is a major upgrade in passing.   Draft White in the 3rd.  Fill our other holes.  Also, agree with other post Darnold is a turn over machine and Jackson is Tyrod 2.0 + more turnovers!

1 hour ago, Pbomb said:

Foles and bradford are other options not on list

Foles is staying with Philadelphia.  Why would they trade him?  He will probably start the first 4 to 6 games.

13 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Diggs and Thielen led the league in contested catches too. Keenum had a good year, no doubt -- and always bear in mind that when you play qb for Jeff Fisher, 15 points is automatically deducted from your passer rating. That said, his receivers saved him a bunch of times this year. Plus Minnesota's defense was #1 in almost every category.

He didn't do much in Houston either and had trouble hitting deep passes in Minnesota even with the good year.  He benefited greatly from having an outstanding receiving corps this season.   Take heed. The clock has struck twelve.

• Haha (+1) 1