Hypothetical: If Super Bowl was played again this week

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Same guys.

Then the outcome is the same.  Pats* D has been playing on fumes, and no reason to think they’d do better a second time around.  

Blake frigid Bortles had nearly 300 yds passing for crying out loud.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, GG said:

Then the outcome is the same.  Pats* D has been playing on fumes, and no reason to think they’d do better a second time around.  

Blake frigid Bortles had nearly 300 yds passing for crying out loud.

He hit almost every pass. Guys were making circus catches. They only punted once. He'll never have another game like that and he wouldn't do it again under the same circumstances.

13 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

You think if they played this game ten times the exact same thing would have happened ten times?

I think every chowder head should be forced to watch that exact thing 10 times on their DV Ahhh.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

What would Nick Foles stats be.

Same two teams.

Let's not consider if Belichick had a week to look at film and do it all over, or decide to play Butler. Just if they had to play it again same way.

I think he probably has a good but not great game. Two TDs and two picks. 25-44. Let's say 298 yards. The Eagles are up but lose the lead late and end up losing by 10.

Obviously all conjecture. But who thinks he would be as good or better and do it again? Who thinks he would be great but not that great. Who thinks he might tank?

What say you?

Why would you think "has a good but not great game" ??

Why would the odds be in your mind he would do less well? Patriots D is/was not that good this year. He could just as well have a better game. He was playing well in playoffs every game, better than the last, and could have blown up even bigger given a second chance Super Bowl game.

I would vote he plays even better as that was the performance line he was on.

16 hours ago, danc said:

What about Brady?  Who thinks he would have as good a game?   Who thinks he might throw a pick or two?  Maybe the Eagles get a couple of sacks or the Patriots Online gets called for a couple of holding penalties.

Why assume the Eagles would play different but the Patriots wouldn't.

The way officials treat the Pats in playoffs they likely would have to play 10 games before a flag would fly on their offense, Ridiculous squared.

11 hours ago, ricojes said:

I have always said that Bills team would have beat the Giants 8 out of 10 times without needing a last second FG.   10 out of 10 if there were 2 weeks between the AFC/NFC Championship game and the SB that year.

20 out of 20 if Levy had a curfew for the week leading up to and including night before Super Bowls.

Edited by cba fan

2 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

I don't like Hypotheticals but I will play along. If Tom Brady was the Bills QB for the last 17 years we would have won several Super Bowls. Hows that for a Hypothetical

I saw on Facebook that all this time he's actually played for the Bills. 

On 2/8/2018 at 6:21 PM, Talley56 said:

I will say this, replay this 10 times, maybe the Eagles win 2-3 times.  But replay 16-0 Patriots vs Giants super bowl 50 times and good chance the Giants never win that game again.

That Giants game was awesome.  Im watching it right now on NFL network.

So many improboble plays. 

On 2/9/2018 at 10:58 AM, dave mcbride said:

I'd say 26-33 for 352 yards, 3 TDs, and 0 INTs -- which is how he performed against the #1 defense in the league (in every category) the game before. 

Thats right. People forget the Vikings have a much better defense and Foles shredded them too.

The Pats had the fire power on offense to keep up.  

Play them game ten times the pats would win half or less.  They were out coached, out executed, and lose the talent mismatch on defense.

On 2/8/2018 at 2:43 PM, Kelly the Dog said:

It was always my opinion, and obviously still all conjecture, that if Scott Norwood had that exact same kick in ten different Super Bowls he would have made it 8 of those 10 times. Maybe 7.

and Reed would have caught the easy 3 and 3, probably for a TD, Bruce would have caused a fumble, not just a safety and Talley would have tackled Ingram short of the first down.

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

and Reed would have caught the easy 3 and 3, probably for a TD, Bruce would have caused a fumble, not just a safety and Talley would have tackled Ingram short of the first down.

Well those are plays that likely would have propelled the team to a win but not certain. The Norwood kick on last play was win or lose. 

Obviously you start Malcolm Butler which would've helped the Pats defense.  I'm still trying to wrap my head around wtf he didn't play. 

Eagles have the better team while the Pats have the best qb in the league who had to carry them to the Superbowl.  I think each team would win 5 games if you played it 10 times.