‪2018 base salary: $6.2M (gtd)‬
‪Workout bonus: $600K‬
‪Per-game roster bonus: $800K‬

‪Year 1 total: $42.6M‬
$74.1M injury guarantee already kicked in.‬

‪2019 bass salary: $17.2M, $7.5M of which is guaranteed at signing.‬
2019: Workout bonus: $600K‬

‪For 2019, will make $18.6M for a 2-year total of $61.2M - $10M more than he would have received if he had been franchised two straight times.‬

‪2020 bass salary: $23.8M, $15.7M of which is guaranteed for injury. ‬

If 49ers wanted, could cut him before April 1, 2020 and he would have made $61.2M and been a free agent.‬
2020 Workout bonus: $600K‬
At end of three seasons, he walks away with $86.4M.‬

‪2021: $24.1M base salary‬
2021 Workout bonus: $600K‬
If he makes it to NFC Championship game or is first- or second-team All Pro, then a $7.5M injury guarantee kicks in.‬

‪2022: $24.2M base salary‬

‪Total is $137.5M.‬

17 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I knew he was going to get a huge contract just by the way Lynch and Shanahan were talking about him. They were just gushing to the press about Nimmy G and I said at the time that his agent must just be drooling at the pay day coming....

I'll bet any money that there is some type of out after year 2 or 3 though.

I honestly think this is a good gamble by SF. I would for sure take him in Buffalo right now with that contract.  It's hard to truly judge until you've seen a guy in the league for a few yearsFrom what I've seen, I think he has everything it takes to make a team a Super Bowl contender.

You can see why they were gushing over him though - 

That was impressive. Easy to see why Belichick is pissed about losing him.  

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Jimmy G vs. Cousins: Which QB is more valuable?

On Thursday, Jimmy Garoppolo agreed to a whopping five-year, $137.5 million contract with the San Francisco 49ers. That's the largest deal in NFL history on a per-year basis, with a $27.5 million annual average (topping Matthew Stafford's $27 million figure).

So, no, Garoppolo will not be hitting free agency this offseason. One quarterback who will: Kirk Cousins. Given that he has a longer track record and could induce a bidding war on the open market, Cousins might end up surpassing Jimmy G's contract record in March. With that in mind ...

Is Cousins more valuable than Garoppolo?

Where is Cousin's big offer?  Who will be in this bidding war?  Is Cleveland going to draft Rosen/Darnold AND break the bank on Cousins?  Are the Giants?  Cardinals?

15 hours ago, Mango said:

I have no idea what to think about Cousins now. If guys who have played 7 games become the highest paid player in the league, then screw it pay Kirk 27 mil too. If Glennon, TT, and Osweiler get 16-18 mil, that’s the minimum cost of having a low end starter in the league, might as well pony up. But outside of football, this is a terrible business decision. 

Could you imagine starting a new job somewhere, smack in the middle of the totem poll. Then killing it Q1. Suddenly your 60k job turns into CEO. Jesus

Not exactly.  Garopolo was going to be the next CEO at Amazon.  Instead, he got head-hunted to be CEO at GM.   

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Jimmy Garoppolo deal:‬

‪Signing bonus: $7 million.‬
‪Guaranteed roster bonus: $28M‬
‪2018 base salary: $6.2M (gtd)‬

‪Year 1 total: $42.6M‬
$74.1M injury guarantee already kicked in.‬

‪2019 bass salary: $17.2M, $7.5M of which is guaranteed at signing.‬
2019: Workout bonus: $600K‬

‪For 2019, will make $18.6M for a 2-year total of $61.2M - $10M more than he would have received if he had been franchised two straight times.‬

‪2020 bass salary: $23.8M, $15.7M of which is guaranteed for injury. ‬

If 49ers wanted, could cut him before April 1, 2020 and he would have made $61.2M and been a free agent.‬
2020 Workout bonus: $600K‬
At end of three seasons, he walks away with $86.4M.‬

‪2021: $24.1M base salary‬
2021 Workout bonus: $600K‬
If he makes it to NFC Championship game or is first- or second-team All Pro, then a $7.5M injury guarantee kicks in.‬

‪2022: $24.2M base salary‬

‪Total is $137.5M.‬

Huge cap hit in year 1... because they carried over a ton of cap space and could front load it.  If he's brock osweiler they can get out in 2 years.  Still a huge money loss, but their cap wouldn't be hugely affected.  They can also boost his up front guarantee this way.  I expect the jets/browns to do the same for cousins offers.  100 guaranteed with a lot of it coming as a roster bonus in 2018 so you don't have to spread it out. 

He's happy because he gets paid up front, and it keeps the cap numbers lower down the line.  Also gives you flexibility to trade later if needed.

2 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Huge cap hit in year 1... because they carried over a ton of cap space and could front load it.  If he's brock osweiler they can get out in 2 years.  Still a huge money loss, but their cap wouldn't be hugely affected.  They can also boost his up front guarantee this way.  I expect the jets/browns to do the same for cousins offers.  100 guaranteed with a lot of it coming as a roster bonus in 2018 so you don't have to spread it out. 

He's happy because he gets paid up front, and it keeps the cap numbers lower down the line.  Also gives you flexibility to trade later if needed.

He's not.   BO on his best day has never shown anything close to what Graoppolo has.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

He's not.   BO on his best day has never shown anything close to what Graoppolo has.

No - but they built it to not ruin their cap in 2020 if he say has... injury issues or something.  I can't tell if theres any injury guarantee built into his 2020 salary, but if there isn't, again they can get out of it.  

Just now, dneveu said:

No - but they built it to not ruin their cap in 2020 if he say has... injury issues or something.  I can't tell if theres any injury guarantee built into his 2020 salary, but if there isn't, again they can get out of it.  

It's prudent contract language just to cover bases and Garoppolo has an injury guarantee of $74.1M.

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's prudent contract language just to cover bases and Garoppolo has an injury guarantee of $74.1M.

I think sportrac has a typo then - they list it like this

• $48.7M guaranteed at signing (signing bonus + 2018 salary + $7.5M of 2019 salary)
  • Additional $9.7M of 2019 salary fully guarantees on 4/1/2019
  • $15.7M of  2020 salary fully guarantees on 4/1/2020
  • 2018, 2019, & $15.7M of 2019 salary guaranteed for injury

I would assume that means the 15.7 of 2020 is also injury guaranteed, as well as partially guaranteed for 2020.  He'd have to miss most or all of 2018/2019 for them to consider moving him before 2021.  

Either way - he's looked very impressive and I'm glad he's in the NFC!