Jimmy G - Signs with 49ers - NFL's highest paid player

KDIGGZ

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You keep on brnging up Cousins when the situations are different with no acrimony between the 49ers and Garoppolo.  Based on what I have seen from Jimmy G, I'll trust the collective judgment of Lynch and Shanahan over yours. 

Because anyone with an ounce of business sense would want to see him do it for more than 5 games before backing up the truck.  You can still think he's a franchise QB without making him the highest paid player after 5 good games.  Agents will absolutely copy Cousins' stance whether there is acrimony or not.  Clearly worked for Garoppolo.  

6 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Because anyone with an ounce of business sense would want to see him do it for more than 5 games before backing up the truck.  You can still think he's a franchise QB without making him the highest paid player after 5 good games.  Agents will absolutely copy Cousins' stance whether there is acrimony or not.  Clearly worked for Garoppolo.  

Did you see him play any games?  It wasn't Cousins stance, it was Washington who tagged him because they didn't believe in him. You have it backwards. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Therin lies the problem.  He's plenty athletic to escape pressure, keep his cool, and throw accurately outside the pocket while on the move.  A nice big fat crow sandwich has youir name all over it.  Woof!

...WHOA!...let's be realistic here....if McBeane had signed Jimmy G to the same deal for Bflo, I am CERTAIN his reaction would be identical, RIGHT?.......

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

But this isn’t a tag.  

Its an offer, no?   Can they sign contracts before the season starts? 

I cant keep up.  

I think they can as long as they are already under contract with that team, but in all likelihood it wouldn't go through until the new league year because most teams have rolled their remaining cap over and don't have room to accommodate the signing bonus.

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

You really think Jimmy G is that much better than Kissing C? No one has even ever seen them in the same room at the same time.

26 thinks Jimmy is the next Tom Brady and no one will convince him otherwise.  

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I think they can as long as they are already under contract with that team, but in all likelihood it wouldn't go through until the new league year because most teams have rolled their remaining cap over and don't have room to accommodate the signing bonus.

That’s what I thought 

thanks.  

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...WHOA!...let's be realistic here....if McBeane had signed Jimmy G to the same deal for Bflo, I am CERTAIN his reaction would be identical, RIGHT?.......

Can't speak for him, but I would be estatic to have him as the Bills' QB.

13 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Can't speak for him, but I would be estatic to have him as the Bills' QB.

...LOL...was just trying to get the bi-polars here to step up and say lousy deal for SF for a greenhorn while "wish it happened to Bflo"....you know THAT drill....

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Well then they need to bring that up in the CBA. He's gotta realize he's played seven games. 

Bring what up?

Anyway, if he's the guy they clearly think he is, this is the cheapest price they will ever get him at.  If he's lights out under the franchise and the mediocrity that is Cousins cashes in now as a FA and sets the market,  JG's price will be way more next year.

This isn't hard to figure out.  

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Bring what up?

Anyway, if he's the guy they clearly think he is, this is the cheapest price they will ever get him at.  If he's lights out under the franchise and the mediocrity that is Cousins cashes in now as a FA and sets the market,  JG's price will be way more next year.

This isn't hard to figure out.  

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Silver should call me before he goes on the air....lol

And I have to say, the John Lynch pick as GM was ROUNDLY dragged.  But I think he may turn out OK.

Contrast him to the other former Bronco-now team runner..........

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He produced at that level with mediocre talent surrounding him on offense. Just think what he could do with more time in Shanahan's system and better talent supporting him. 

Exactly...I honestly believe Jimmy G has a chance to be the next great QB in this league.  I would think they will pursue Sammy, and if they get him I think Sammy will be a 1400+ yard and 10+ TD guy next year.  

The Niners got some nice young pieces on the D, a good FA and Draft and they might a Rams like rise next year and certainly be a serious threat to win that division.