Jimmy G - Signs with 49ers - NFL's highest paid player

KDIGGZ

16 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

If it works out that's great...if it doesn't we look back at the worst contract handed out in the history of sports. 7 games. 

it's only a 5 year deal.....Albert Pujos, A-Rod, A. Haynesworth.....many contracts much worse

Just now, MJS said:

Did I not say he looked good in his starts? I think I did.

Doesn't change the fact that he has only started a few games. RGIII looked amazing for an entire season. There is always a chance he doesn't turn out as good as they thought.

RG3 couldn't read a defense to save his life.  Apples and oranges comparison. 

Just now, aristocrat said:

Qb is the hardest position to play. He had 7 games. 7. 

He stepped right in and executed Shanahan's complex offense to play at a high level.  I don't care how many games it was, the film didn't lie.  He played his ass off with great timing, touch, accuracy, and decision making.  That 2017 49ers team was a joke before he took the helm.  7 games or not he can play and he's exactly why Belichick is so salty these days after being forced to deal him. 

By the numbers, Jimmy Garoppolo made 49ers better at everything

1 hour ago, T-Bomb said:

Not sure how you can give an unproven player that much cash...

NFL teams are stupid.

If you want to win, you have to TRY SOMETHING.

Unless you have a terrible season and finish with a Top 1-2 pick, then landing a top QB prospect is going to require massive resources to move up.

If you are going for someone with experience, it's going to take tons of cash (and picks if a trade is involved).

I applaud the 49ers for having the guts to go all-out on a player they believe in.  If they are right, this move puts them in great position for the next decade.  If they are wrong, they are no worse off than before they had Jimmy G on the roster.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He stepped right in and executed Shanahan's complex offense to play at a high level.  I don't care how many games it was, the film didn't lie.  He played his ass off with great timing, touch, accuracy, and decision making.  That 2017 49ers team was a joke before he took the helm.  7 games or not he can play and he's exactly why Belichick is so salty these days after being forced to deal him. 

By the numbers, Jimmy Garoppolo made 49ers better at everything

Still no justification for the richest deal ever. Bridge deal yes. Record deal no

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

Yep. Kissin' Cousins. :D

Cousins?

QuarrelsomeDarlingCaracal-max-14mb.gif

Just now, aristocrat said:

Still no justification for the richest deal ever. Bridge deal yes. Record deal no

It won't be a record deal for long and forget a bridge deal when you know you have your guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I gave some to Lynch and Shanahan. They ate it up.  Now open your eyes. 

We'll see. I have nothing against Garoppolo. He didn't play enough in NE for me to hate him. And I didn't see all of the SF games so maybe I would have been more impressed.

I think when he starts getting some pressure of the franchise guy with that big contract and DL hunting for him and some film on him he's going to be called the Garoppolo Turtle.

17 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

We'll see. I have nothing against Garoppolo. He didn't play enough in NE for me to hate him. And I didn't see all of the SF games so maybe I would have been more impressed.

I think when he starts getting some pressure of the franchise guy with that big contract and DL hunting for him and some film on him he's going to be called the Garoppolo Turtle.

Therin lies the problem.  He's plenty athletic to escape pressure, keep his cool, and throw accurately outside the pocket while on the move.  A nice big fat crow sandwich has your name all over it.  Woof!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz