Jimmy G - Signs with 49ers - NFL's highest paid player

KDIGGZ

so is it done or no?

7 minutes ago, kdiggz said:
ycm8ibEE_bigger.jpgAdam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter
FollowingFollowing @AdamSchefter
More

Credit to both @rajmathai and @MikeGarafolo, who have reported 49ers have deal in place with QB Jimmy Garoppolo; seems like only a matter of time. High-ranking 49ers' official texted: "Still working on it. Not done yet."

so not done yet? Still working on trade I see...as we know, never done till done.

If it gets done, I do not envy Mrs. Cousins ..Kirk is thinking that "4 hour thing and call a doctor" will be child's play

Edited by plenzmd1

11 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

NFL owners are getting as bad as MLB owners. Idiots....all of them.

Why...the salary cap is the difference between NFL and MLB....owners still bring in billions. They're not hurting for money. No NFL team loses money at the end of the year...plus it's only a 5 year deal....not the 10 year fully guaranteed deals baseball gives out

Edited by nucci

It's not as simple as "Wow, the guy only has like 6 starts". The way he looked when he stepped in for NE, it left people debating "is he that good or is the system....remember Cassell?" But then to go to SF mid-season, look just as good as he did those couple games in NE, with far less talent around him, it was clear. They have an elite talent who happened to learn under Brady for a few years. Throw the bank at the kid.

Edited by ProcessTheTrust
  • Like (+1) 2

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

"Still working on it?"  Sounds like the 49ers just want to drive up the price on the Bills before they trade him to Buffalo.

Eye popping numbers - I know the NFL has an overall salary cap, but do they need to consider a “by position” cap?  Teams could max out whatever positions they feel are most important, but can’t go over the “position” number.  Just spitballing...

Also, when does the trade go down? ?