Jimmy G - Signs with 49ers - NFL's highest paid player

KDIGGZ

G9xnK81E_bigger.jpgMike GarafoloVerified account @MikeGarafolo
FollowFollow @MikeGarafolo
More

The 49ers and QB Jimmy Garoppolo have agreed to a five-year, $137.5 million contract, source says. The biggest deal in NFL history on a average-per-year basis.

1h6dfnVUEix5OSka?format=jpg&name=large

IT'S OFFICIAL! The #49ers have signed @JimmyG_10 to a five-year contract extension.

Details: http://49rs.co/o85dtc 

Edited by kdiggz

If we can get Cousins we have to. This is the market for a QB who played well in FIVE GAMES. Cousins has 3 consecutive years of top 10 production. If we draft a rookie we'll have to make them the highest paid player ever in 5 years or so. There's no avoiding it. Do it now.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

27.5 mil a year?  Wow.  That's a lot of money for a guy who hasn't started a full season.  

Cousins has to hit 30 mil per

Salary cap keeps going up.....so will salaries.....though you're right,  pretty incredible for a guy that hasn't play a full season

Edited by nucci

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If we can get Cousins we have to. This is the market for a QB who played well in FIVE GAMES. Cousins has 3 consecutive years of top 10 production. If we draft a rookie we'll have to make them the highest paid player ever in 5 years or so. There's no avoiding it. Do it now.

um Cousins is about to become the NFLs highest paid player.....

9 minutes ago, nucci said:

Salary cap keeps going up.....so will salaries.....though you're right,  pretty incredible for a guy that hasn't play a full season

Seems to be an endless cycle. I'm all for players getting paid but these type of salaries for QB's tends to leave less for other players.

10 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

um Cousins is about to become the NFLs highest paid player.....

I know. If you have a QB worth anything eventually they will be the highest paid player in NFL history. As long as the salary keeps going up that will never stop.

That's a lot of $ but I'm not ready to say he's overpaid. Re-watching his highlights (I know, they only show the good stuff...and there's a ton in his small sample), they must have full confidence that he is fully "cooked" after sitting and watching from literally the best for years. It's like the old school grooming method with NE not enjoying the fruit...thankfully!

Edited by ProcessTheTrust
  • Like (+1) 2