117. Mark Walton Miami RB

149 Will Clapp LSU OT

157 Jaylon Ferguson LA Tech DE

Some guys of note:

Rosen and Darnold 1/2

Mayfield 6 to Jets

Josh Allen 15 to Arizona

Lamar Jackson 27 to Saints

I can't view the link but if the Saints are projected to take Jackson I would see if I could trade down a few spots to be just ahead of them and gain a pick.  Not that it ever works that easy on draft day.

20 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

That's quite a dream.

Do you think that could actually happen?

I mean, we've definitely seen stranger things. I think that as the chance of getting a team changing player (Think Lattimore, or Ez Elliot) in the first round continues to grow teams will hesitate to reach on QB's just because they are QB's. While It's true that these 4 guys look great, not one of them is without serious questions (and typically with QB's the questions tend to grow during the pre-draft work). I honestly do not see 4 QB's going in the top 15 this year. 

In the past ten years or so we've only see two drafts with 4 first round QBs. Only one of those involved 4 top 15 guys which included names like: Ponder, Locker, Gabbert. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agents-take-recent-draft-history-shows-first-round-qbs-are-more-likely-to-fail/

I just think that with guys like Nick Foles and Case Keenum playing out of their minds, and a fairly thick FA/trade crop at the QB position (compared to most years) seeing a run on QB's isn't all that likely. 

1 hour ago, Watkins101 said:

Love this draft.

I like it but I do not like Mayfield with the Jests

23 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Mason Rudolph in the first is insane. He's a 2nd day prospect at best.

Won't be available in the second IMO and many others. If they really want a QB you take him the first chance you get otherwise you get Whaleys purgatory of late round garbage because of his logic to wait too long.

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

I like it but I do not like Mayfield with the Jests

Won't be available in the second IMO and many others. If they really want a QB you take him the first chance you get otherwise you get Whaleys purgatory of late round garbage because of his logic to wait too long.

rather not take a QB than reach for one in the first. Unless your idea of a good QB is JP, EJ, etc. 

10 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

rather not take a QB than reach for one in the first. Unless your idea of a good QB is JP, EJ, etc. 

I agree both were screw up picks but at least with EJ we got a Kiko.

He is a much better prospect then either of those two IMO. To reach a little(to stay pat and take him without moving up is a great value IMO) to get him over missing on him waiting  into the second is why Whaley never landed one good QB from the draft. Teams value on QBs are at a all time high so IMO teams will move up and reach esspecialy  if they see QB needy teams waiting to grab him into the second. Sadly at 21-22 is the best shot to make sure they do not miss on getting him. If you wait for max draft value on a QB you will miss out on him everytime IMO.

Edited by xRUSHx

8 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Rudolph is not a first round talent. If Jackson is there, fine. Not Rudolph. His scouting reports are very scary. Most NFL scouts have him as a 2nd or even 3rd DAY talent. Not rund, DAY. 

To each his own opinion I guess. I do not like Jackson or Allen at all on this team let alone in the 1st for any team. Funny how both have many scouts saying they are first rounders, goes to show how some scouts opinions are so far off from each other. IMO Rudolph is a better talent then both.

Edited by xRUSHx

I would like to see the Bills draft Jackson at 21 and trade 22 to trade to Tampa for 38 and 69 and 188.  I would target Nick Chubb or Ronald Jones, Billy Price, and Christian Kirk or James Washington.  That should help offense quite a bit.  Then I would concentrate the rest of the draft and FA with defense, depth, and special teams

Thanks for sharing. 

I do not like this draft, at all.  Here are my issues: 

1.  Rudolph in the 1st.  I'd rather take Luke Falk in the 5th or whenever he went in this draft.  Really, I'd rather take someone with a huge upside like L. Jackson in the 1st.  My guess is we are going to have a vet like Bradford/Keenum for the rookie to learn behind.  

2.  The Jets got Mayfield.  

3.  Why are we drafting 2 QB's.  We have other holes to fill.  (OL, LB, TE, etc.) Get a rookie, a vet and Peterman.  

4.  I think I'd take Kirk over Washington at WR.    

8 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

I love that Giants trade. I'd do it if Darnold was on the board.

I love this draft.  I'd do it for Rosen or Mayfield.  Not sure I'd trade up for Darnold.  Still doesn't seem day 1 ready, IMO.  Another thing is the Jets trade for Allen.  Leaving Mayfield on the board.  Such a  JETS thing to do!   

2 hours ago, section122 said:

21. Mason Rudolph OSU QB

22. Maurice Hurst Michigan DT

53. James Washington OSU WR

56. Jerome Baker The OSU LB

96 Duke Dawson Florida CB

117. Mark Walton Miami RB

149 Will Clapp LSU OT

157 Jaylon Ferguson LA Tech DE

Some guys of note:

Rosen and Darnold 1/2

Mayfield 6 to Jets

Josh Allen 15 to Arizona

Lamar Jackson 27 to Saints

I'd reverse Rudolph and Hurst at 21 and 22.  We don't want the new QB getting too big of a head case.  And, we can always then say, at least he wasn't our first pick when nobody ever hears from him again.;)

Rudolph is a great prospect...if you don’t like him as a QB in NFL, please make sure you have the numbers and perspective to back it up. His production was off the charts for 3 years....and got better every....year. 

1 hour ago, Domdab99 said:

Rudolph is not a first round talent. If Jackson is there, fine. Not Rudolph. His scouting reports are very scary. Most NFL scouts have him as a 2nd or even 3rd DAY talent. Not rund, DAY. 

Then you need to keep reading. Traspasso has him as the #1 QB in the Draft. He’s a phenomenal talent with great potential.

2 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

As a prospect I have him graded very similarly as I did Derek Carr. Carr went 36th, and I expect Rudolph will be a late 1st/top of the 2nd pick. Just my $0.02