3 team trade Skins, 49ers, Bills, we get Jimmy G

Nothing new on Facebook about this but I was just reading on The FacePlace that the Bills are willing to give up both 1st round picks in this 3 team trade because there's also a blockbuster trade happening that is just now being reported. It involves the Bills and 31 other NFL teams all trading players and picks. In the end, the Bills wind up with the first 17 picks in this years draft AND Jimmy G. Beane is on Fire!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

No one saw the Alex Smith trade coming, but everyone knew Cousins was done in Washington. He didn’t want to be there and they weren’t paying him.

I thought they would sign him long term but maybe I'm just naive.  I thought he had proved himself and they had already invested so much.  Franchise QB's are hard to find and up until the Alex Smith trade there really wasn't any good options.  If they wanted to move on I'm surprised they didn't draft a rookie last year knowing it would be Cousin's last

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

I thought they would sign him long term but maybe I'm just naive.  I thought he had proved himself and they had already invested so much.  Franchise QB's are hard to find and up until the Alex Smith trade there really wasn't any good options.  If they wanted to move on I'm surprised they didn't draft a rookie last year knowing it would be Cousin's last

I think the relationship deteriorated over this past season 

4 minutes ago, RobH063 said:

Nothing new on Facebook about this but I was just reading on The FacePlace that the Bills are willing to give up both 1st round picks in this 3 team trade because there's also a blockbuster trade happening that is just now being reported. It involves the Bills and 31 other NFL teams all trading players and picks. In the end, the Bills wind up with the first 17 picks in this years draft AND Jimmy G. Beane is on Fire!!!!

LMAO from Who?????? Like the Bills would ever tell anyone let alone the facepalm that they are willing to give up 2 firsts. The hell is wrong with you people??

I really don't think this is far-fetched, at all.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/sports/7941206-181/grant-cohn-alex-smith-trade

"I count five teams that would kill to have Garoppolo: the Buffalo Bills, New York Jets, Cleveland Browns, Denver Broncos and Arizona Cardinals. The 49ers can give Garoppolo the franchise tag on March 14, then trade him to one of those five teams before the draft. At minimum, the Niners probably would receive two first-round picks, a second-round pick and a third-round pick.

And then, the Niners can sign Cousins. He may be even better than Garoppolo, who has started only seven games in his career. Cousins has started 57. He is a proven commodity. His 99.7 passer rating since 2015 ranks fourth highest in the NFL behind Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Matt Ryan during that period."

12 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

There is a report on Facebook that there is a strong rumor that the Bills, 49ers and Redskins will pull off a 3 team trade. With 49ers ending up with Kurt Cousins. Bills getting Jimmy G and The Redskins getting Bills 1st round pick and a player. 

This is supposedly posted by someone in the know. 

Take it for what it’s worth.

The question here is "just what does that person in the know, actually know?"  I think what this person on Facebook knows, is how to propagate rumors.

I think it's a valid concern that if the Redskins franchise Cousins after trading for Alex Smith, he and his agent will file a grievance and it will take months to sort out.

I want no part of that.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Then why would Washington let him go?

Two likely reasons other than "they don't think he's good":

1) He has made it clear he will not resign with them at any price.  He wants to hit FA, period.

2) Every team has a figure they think they can invest in QB and still put a decent team on the field, and Cousins exceeds that for the Redskins

Whatever happens I think it is safe to say Beane will leave no stone unturned when it comes to QB this year...it’s about time this team made QB a top priority...the whole reason trading away our top players was ok was the hope that we would finally get our QB- not just fill other positions with those picks.

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

No one saw the Alex Smith trade coming, but everyone knew Cousins was done in Washington. He didn’t want to be there and they weren’t paying him. He hates Bruce Allen and they showed him zero sense of wanting a commitment. 

With the franchise tag still in play this was less than certain.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Two likely reasons other than "they don't think he's good":

1) He has made it clear he will not resign with them at any price.  He wants to hit FA, period.

2) Every team has a figure they think they can invest in QB and still put a decent team on the field, and Cousins exceeds that for the Redskins

Then I would argue that the 49ers will pay less for Garopolo's price than Cousins's.  The value is with the younger player with high potential than the guy who has reached his ceiling.

Also, Garopolo will sell tickets. Can you imagine the fanbase reaction (after getting a dizzying taste of JG) when they hear "oh nevermind, Kirk Cousins is coming"?

1 minute ago, offyourocker said:

I would hate giving two first round pick for a qb that played great in 5 games.  Anyone remember Rob Johnson?

If Garoppolo was in this year's draft, he would be the first overall pick, hands down. 

There's plenty of people who would gladly give up 21 and 22 for one of the kids who ARE in this year's draft.

Getting Garoppolo, instead, is a no-brainer to me.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, offyourocker said:

I would hate giving two first round pick for a qb that played great in 5 games.  Anyone remember Rob Johnson?

It’s either that or do it for a guy who hasn’t even taken 1 snap in the NFL...take your pick...at least Garoppolo has proven he can play in the league.

• Like (+1) 1