NSD is so weird this year

YoloinOhio

With the new early signing period in December, this day that typically is enormously exciting is now anti-climactic. Most of the big fish already signed and enrolled. 

Osu waiting on one announcement - #1 OT Nicholas Petit-Frere 10:30am EST

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Someone is going to be bitterly dissapointed. Their top recruit ..

The bad news is that the flip means UGA likely has the No. 1 class in the nation instead of OSU, but the good news is that Michigan's class is pretty much gutted.  On balance, I'm fine with it.

2 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

The bad news is that the flip means UGA likely has the No. 1 class in the nation instead of OSU, but the good news is that Michigan's class is pretty much gutted.  On balance, I'm fine with it.

Definitely. The latter is much more satisfying than the fact that UGA slightly edges out OSU in a paper championship.

btw Petit-Frere >>>> Jackson Carman. Amazing work by OSU staff to pull this off.

Edited by YoloinOhio

55 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Why the exodus from Michigan?

They didn’t have a great class to begin with (ton of 3 stars) but Reese was considered a huge get out of Georgia when Harbaugh did a satellite camp there. He was a last minute flip to stay in Georgia which happened to OSU too with Brenton Cox in December, but OSU had a great class anyway with three 5 stars and 11 in the top 100 so it didn’t have a huge impact. UM didn’t, so losing a 4 Star and their highest rated recruit brought their rating down considerably.

Hahaha this reminds me of Landon Collins Mom on NSD ?

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Recruiting has always been tough for me and my Hokies. You want a crazy stat here? In the last decade, Virginia Tech has only had 2 5-star recruits. Tyrod Taylor in 2007, and Tim Settle in 2015.

It’s getting rarer and rarer to even be a 5 Star anymore. They only hand so many of them out and then sometimes you will see kids drop or gain a star after the all star games. A lot also depends on how many and which camps they attend. Certainly not the end all be all, but teams like Bama and Clemson that usually lead the recruiting rankings are perennial playoff teams. Most important is developing the players once they get there, regardless of their stars. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.