Nick Foles is going nowhere...

LabattBlue

At the start of this process, I believed the Bills should move mountains to get Foles. That was idiocy and I was wrong.

QBs in the NFL do not become more accurate. Outside of 2013, Nick Foles completion percentage is barely over 58%. Would you trade the 22nd pick away for Trevor Siemian? 

Frankly if the Eagles were offered anything higher that a late third round pick they were fools to turn it down. I certainly wouldn't go that high for Trevor, or Brock Osweiler or similarly tragically inaccurate QBs. Those are the true comps for Nick, 2013 and the Super Bowl be damned.

On 3/25/2018 at 7:37 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

I think AJ nixes all possibility we both draft a QB and trade for Foles.

HOWEVER:  Beane has said they will take the best player on their board at 12 if they stay put, and it may not be a QB.  And I think there is truth in that, and could take a top LB there if there isnt a QB they like more.  

So if that happens, and we keep going in the draft and get into the 2nd round and still haven't drafted a QB, I think its quite possible they call Eagles about Foles for say one of our 2nds to pair him with AJ.  Then AJ is their upside play this year and they let AJ and Foles battle it out and see what happens.  

So I dont think Foles is completely off the table, but I would say he only comes into the conversation if the draft is falling in a way where we haven't take a QB yet and scooped other prospects higher on our board.  But I still think plan A is a QB in the first.

how the draft falls and what the Bills like in the form of QB via the draft are too much to consider for me. Can only guess. and i hedge my wagers plenty !

Good post B-)  and i feel similar about Foles value at this point. 

And we really do not know what the market will bear or who else will be in pursuit post draft. That is when the paradigm shift occurs and most all will hit reset to fill their rosters.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/25/2018 at 2:07 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Said this many times in various Foles' threads.

He would definitely not be the same player.  He would have a new contract negotiated at the time of the trade which would give him fat stacks of cash which is part of the point of playing football.  Not just necessarily being in a great system with great coaches where you are the back up cheering somebody else on.

I am not saying he's worth it and I am not saying anything bad about the guy.  However, it is just the reality of it.  

I mean what if the guy blows out his knee in spot duty this coming year?  Someone once told me it is better to have that happen at 3 years, 60 million with 25 million guaranteed than on a 7.5 million dollar deal.

...or I read it in a book.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Foles will get signed next year for 20+ million a year by AZ, Buffalo or Miami. Whomever loses the QB search this year will use him as a bridge QB to build around. He looks great with a clipboard or for a Napoleon Dynamite Sequel. 

h5288E13F

Edited by BBillsWestCoast
edit
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 3/25/2018 at 2:07 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Said this many times in various Foles' threads.

I’m with this 100%, but it makes me ask another question. Why can’t NFL coaches do more to coach to player strengths? Why is Pederson the only guy who can get the most out of Foles? I’ll never understand NFL coaches marriages to their “systems”. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

I’m with this 100%, but it makes me ask another question. Why can’t NFL coaches do more to coach to player strengths? Why is Pederson the only guy who can get the most out of Foles? I’ll never understand NFL coaches marriages to their “systems”. 

Pure stubbornness.  But the best coaches at any level adapt systems to take advantage of player strengths. 

There are about 20 teams in the NFL that realistically expect to be contending for a playoff spot by the end of October. Between then and now, at least one will loose their starting QB to a season ending injury. That team will gladly give up a first or more for Foles. 

25 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Doc and I have had some good talks to this point:)