Official: Colts Hire Frank Reich as their New HC - Signs Five Year Deal

33 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Frazier was to make the owner happy. He never was getting the job. He won't be a HC in this league again

I disagree that was the only reason he got the interview, but neither of us have any way of knowing so there's not much point in me trying to argue it one way or the other.

I am also not so sure he will never get another shot at a HCing gig. 

Right now, the flavor seems to be younger and/or less experienced/first time head coaches, probably due to the success of guys like Pederson, McVay, McDermott etc.

But when some of this new wave of young/inexperienced head coaches inevitably fail, NFL teams could very well go back to hiring more experienced head coaches again.

These trends seem to be cyclical. 

If Frazier continues to do good work with Buffalo's defense, and the Bills become a successful franchise, you can bet he will get some looks.

A lot of it will (likely) depend on the Bills and what type of success they have. NFL owners like hiring successful assistant coaches. 

6 minutes ago, MDFan said:

Well, one thing is for sure, and that is the Colts have definitely hired a guy with a an unimpeachable character, unlike the dufus the tried to hire.  Well done Colts.  You are lucky that McDaniels left you at the alter.

...McDaniels should marry McShay...two peas in a pod..................both Bieber lookalikes........

19 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I disagree that was the only reason he got the interview, but neither of us have any way of knowing so there's not much point in me trying to argue it one way or the other.

I am also not so sure he will never get another shot at a HCing gig. 

Right now, the flavor seems to be younger and/or less experienced/first time head coaches, probably due to the success of guys like Pederson, McVay, McDermott etc.

But when some of this new wave of young/inexperienced head coaches inevitably fail, NFL teams could very well go back to hiring more experienced head coaches again.

These trends seem to be cyclical. 

If Frazier continues to do good work with Buffalo's defense, and the Bills become a successful franchise, you can bet he will get some looks.

A lot of it will (likely) depend on the Bills and what type of success they have. NFL owners like hiring successful assistant coaches. 

The trend right now is mostly hiring young head coaches, but Jon Gruden and Pat Shurmer were previous head coaches that got hired again.  It depends on the owner, GM, and team which approach they want to take when hiring a new coach.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No. Doug Pederson called plays. 

IIRC, Frank built the game plan each week, based off of the opponent's strengths and weaknesses.   

If he's learned a thing or two about gameday play calling from Pederson, he should be very good for Luck's career...

Just now, Lurker said:

IIRC, Frank built the game plan each week, based off of the opponent's strengths and weaknesses.   

If he's learned a thing or two about gameday play calling from Pederson, he should be very good for Luck's career...

Make no mistake, he was instrumental in gameplanning for the Eagles and he did a lot for Wentz and Foles.

Very Risky,  The F Reich is a rookie hc, an ok offensive coach. 

Colts are in bad, bad shape. 

This is potential career decision if it continues to go south.   

The guy that drafted tebow first saw the wiriting on the wall. Head scratcher, he must of really wanted out of Philadelphia 

Edited by Schmuggs

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Based on what, exactly?

Nothing more than my opinion. 

1 hour ago, NewDayBills said:

He worked with Wentz and Foles, played in the NFL for a decade, played in the playoffs as a player, won a Super Bowl as a coach. He has a pretty good resume, doubt he'll ever have a hard time finding work.

I get all that. The NFL is a copy cat league and right now offensive minds are all the craze. I wasn’t a Bills fan during the glory years so I don’t have the same nolstagia or admiration as others do. I’m just guessing based on how his career as a coach has gone. Then again, I also would have never expected McVay to be as successful as he was so what do I know?

Edited by Bangarang

36 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Make no mistake, he was instrumental in gameplanning for the Eagles and he did a lot for Wentz and Foles.

Yeah. He played the background (instrumental) music while the real coaches did their thing. 

Career backup QB to career backup OC. 

Why settle for second best??