Official: Colts Hire Frank Reich as their New HC - Signs Five Year Deal

11 minutes ago, Schmuggs said:

Yeah. He played the background (instrumental) music while the real coaches did their thing. 

Career backup QB to career backup OC. 

Why settle for second best??

....but he's NOT at OBD so what's your beef?......Jesus...........

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

I disagree that was the only reason he got the interview, but neither of us have any way of knowing so there's not much point in me trying to argue it one way or the other.

I am also not so sure he will never get another shot at a HCing gig. 

Right now, the flavor seems to be younger and/or less experienced/first time head coaches, probably due to the success of guys like Pederson, McVay, McDermott etc.

But when some of this new wave of young/inexperienced head coaches inevitably fail, NFL teams could very well go back to hiring more experienced head coaches again.

These trends seem to be cyclical. 

If Frazier continues to do good work with Buffalo's defense, and the Bills become a successful franchise, you can bet he will get some looks.

A lot of it will (likely) depend on the Bills and what type of success they have. NFL owners like hiring successful assistant coaches. 

There are a lot of ifs in your argument. If the Bills become a dominate D and if the league shifts their trend. By the time those happen, he will be over 60. I can't think of the last coach a team hired after the guy turned 60. 

Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

However it happened, this is a great move by the Colts.  Hopefully they'll actually give Frank the five years to overhaul that roster, it's a mess.

They have been in bad shape since the end of the Polian reign and througout Grigson's time there as GM.  Plenty of work to do to rebuild the roster. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Schmuggs said:

Very Risky,  The F Reich is a rookie hc, an ok offensive coach. 

Colts are in bad, bad shape. 

This is potential career decision if it continues to go south.   

The guy that drafted tebow first saw the wiriting on the wall. Head scratcher, he must of really wanted out of Philadelphia 

Generally speaking newly hired coaches are taking over teams in bad shape. 

1 hour ago, Ittakestime said:

There are a lot of ifs in your argument. If the Bills become a dominate D and if the league shifts their trend. By the time those happen, he will be over 60. I can't think of the last coach a team hired after the guy turned 60. 

Only one I can think of off the top of my head is Bruce Arians, who was hired by the cardinals in 2013 at 61yrs old IIRC. I would guess that there's been more but I'm not sure. It's definitely not the norm though.

But I was mainly just answering to your definitive statement that he will never be a head coach again. I don't see where you can say 100% that he will never get another shot. It all depends on how things go. It only took what, 1 coaching cycle for the league to go from old to young, so it can happen quickly. And so can the interest in Frazier if Buffalo's defense continues to rebound. He already got a HCing look after just this 1 year. 

I am not saying it will or wont happen, just that you can't write it off so completely as an impossibility. 

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....but he's NOT at OBD so what's your beef?......Jesus...........

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

It’s kind of obvious.  It’s sad really.  

He’s upset that Leroi was banned and wants to stir up  ? 

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....Jesus 'Shady, I get that sand in thy jockey shorts is an irritant but for Frank Reich?....seriously?.......

It was a joke. People. Hello!! You guys are way too stuck up. 

is Frank your Dad or something?  Is this some special boy crush?

Useless tactics again,  by useless trolls... 

Let’s make this a positive, happy place.  

Edited by Schmuggs