Sign in to follow this  
26CornerBlitz

Official: Colts Hire Frank Reich as their New HC - Signs Five Year Deal

Good for Frank!

The Colts is the worst HC job available unfortunately.  Bad roster, looney owner and possible head case QB--whcich will make drafting a QB with their top pick tough.

Good luck.  This will take "the greatest comeback ever".

32 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Both of these can't be right.

Looks like Yates' source got the right scoop vs. LaConjecture's 

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

ZING. wow hey man that really hurt  😢. 

Yes we.  The people that post here.

Let me know when you have more earth shattering news like the 2 times you predicted EJ would be cut before camp.  

What are you taking about?

I can’t believe I’m conversing with someone so paranoid to think that I’m another member. 

And to speak in plural sense. I see an underlying condition that I’m not going to exploit. 

Welcome to my ignore list. It consists of one. You or we or whatever.

Please accept my apology, I didn’t realize. 

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Both of these can't be right.

Sure they can - one can be OC for running and other OC for passing; teams have done it in past.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Looks like Yates' source got the right scoop vs. LaConjecture's 

Maybe poor sources will get blocked by him but I doubt; he has proven he throws crap at wall like a previous Bills source from locker room who has been banned from here now.

On 2/7/2018 at 8:13 AM, RyanC883 said:

I think McDaniels is kind of a "Shi* Show" of a HC candidate.  Stunk in Denver (and had another videotaping scandal there), and gets cold feet because he's afraid he'll get exposed away from Brady.   Dude lacks confidence.  I'll be surprised if he gets offered another HC gig (except Pats**, but have fun w/ that after Brady retires).  

Exactly. I have a feeling the Colts will wind up being very happy that McDaniels bailed on them. Congrats to Frank Reich! We all know career backup QBs make the best coaches.

9 hours ago, Schmuggs said:

What are you taking about?

I can’t believe I’m conversing with someone so paranoid to think that I’m another member. 

And to speak in plural sense. I see an underlying condition that I’m not going to exploit. 

Welcome to my ignore list. It consists of one. You or we or whatever.

Please accept my apology, I didn’t realize. 

Thank You Very Much!!!!  

If it looks like crap and smells like crap, it must be crap.  

On 2/11/2018 at 4:54 PM, MJS said:

Pretty sure they satisfied the Rooney rule BEFORE offering the job to McDaniels.

Point taken. I imagine it counted. I'm just happy to have Frasier back.

Colts' 2nd head-coaching hire of offseason Frank Reich says, 'Backup role has suited me well'

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22425245/frank-reich-no-problem-ending-indianapolis-colts-backup-plan-coach

Frank Reich is ready to embrace being the backup option again.

He spent the majority of his 14-year NFL playing career as a backup quarterback. And he's the Indianapolis Colts' second choice for head coach after Josh McDaniels reneged on his agreement at the very last minute.

"The backup role has suited me well in my career," Reich said as he drew a roomful of laughs during his introductory news conference at Lucas Oil Stadium on Tuesday.

"We don't always choose what happens to us, but what we get a chance to do is choose how we react to it," Ballard said. "I really believe that's what shows what we're made of. I can't be more proud of our organization, the city of Indy and how they've handled this last week. Can't be any more proud of our new head coach Frank Reich."

Ballard had Reich on his initial list of nearly 10 candidates back in December, but Reich didn't make the general manager's top-five list.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/frank-reich-answers-awkward-josh-mcdaniels-question-dominates-first-colts-presser/

Frank Reich answers awkward Josh McDaniels question, dominates first Colts presser

One thing Reich did reveal during his press conference is that he had zero interest in any other coaching jobs around the NFL. Once the playoffs started, Reich told his agent not to contact him about any possible coaching jobs until the Eagles season was over. 

"I'm going dark," Reich said. "I'm focused on the task at hand and that's to help our team win playoff games and the Super Bowl. No phone calls, no texts. Whether there was any activity or not, I was dark. I was focused on one thing."

Maybe McDaniels and Matt Patricia should have done the same?

Link without double redirect:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/02/13/frank-reich-indianapolis-colts-head-coach?utm_campaign=themmqb&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

I’ve compared Reich to Tony Dungy in temperament and in knowledge and imagination on his side of the ball. Like all good coaches, he understands the chess match of the game, and in the Super Bowl, he knew that the plays he brought to head coach Doug Pederson—

Reich was in charge of the gameplan, Pederson could veto any plays that Reich had in the gameplan and then Pederson called the game—had to be original. “Every idea is open,” Reich said to me on Saturday.

Edited by Limeaid
added quote

23 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Exactly. I have a feeling the Colts will wind up being very happy that McDaniels bailed on them. Congrats to Frank Reich! We all know career backup QBs make the best coaches.

Totally agree.  Frank will be a much better NFL head-coach than McDaniels.  And, as a Bills fan, it's great to see Reich get a head coaching job.  And it's also great that we keep Frazier at DC!!

Wow! The Colts hired Rusty Jones out of retirement.

Rusty Jones: Jones has 28 years of NFL experience with the Chicago Bears (2005-2012) and Buffalo Bills (1985-2004). A pioneer in the strength and conditioning field, Jones was named the recipient of the 2016 NFL strength and conditioning Lifetime Achievement award.

Jones was named 2006 National Professional Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Year by the Professional Football Strength and Conditioning Coaches Society in February of 2007. The award recognized his proficiency at enacting his renowned conditioning and nutrition program upon his arrival in Chicago.

As one of the most well-respected strength, conditioning and nutrition experts in the business, Jones’ philosophy focuses on designing specific nutritional and workout programs for each individual player on the roster to maximize their performance while maintaining year-round health. His approach takes nutrition and body composition down to the molecular level and is based on what players do at their position.