Official: Colts Hire Frank Reich as their New HC - Signs Five Year Deal

Good move. I'm really pulling for Indianapolis now, I think Reich is the right man for the job, may actually be a better coach than McDaniels.

6 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

So it seems like Leslie Frazier was a Rooney Rule interview. The good thing is we get to keep him!  He did a great job with the defense last year.

Frazier will get his chance soon, he is a good coach. If our defense improves, he'll get offers I'm sure.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

So it seems like Leslie Frazier was a Rooney Rule interview. The good thing is we get to keep him!  He did a great job with the defense last year.

I don't think that's necessarily true. I'm almost positive that they already satisfied the Rooney rule before McDaniles was to be hired.

Frazier has connections to Indy and with Chris Ballard pretty dead set on running a Tampa 2 defense, Frazier would have been a very good fit, which is most likely why he got the interview. 

Just now, MJS said:

That's what I thought. I wonder if he'll try to do that for the Colts or have his OC do it.

I read that they had been talking to Darrell Bevell about becoming the OC for awhile.  Not sure where that stands with the hiring of Reich. 

16 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Pretty sure they satisfied the Rooney rule BEFORE offering the job to McDaniels.

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

I don't think that's necessarily true. I'm almost positive that they already satisfied the Rooney rule before McDaniles was to be hired.

Frazier has connections to Indy and with Chris Ballard pretty dead set on running a Tampa 2 defense, Frazier would have been a very good fit, which is most likely why he got the interview. 

Frazier was to make the owner happy. He never was getting the job. He won't be a HC in this league again

The Indianapolis Colts today announced they have hired Frank Reich to be the 20th head coach in franchise history.

“We are extremely excited to announce Frank Reich as head coach of the Indianapolis Colts,” said Colts owner & CEO Jim Irsay. “Frank has all the ingredients of a successful head coach: intelligence, innovation, character, organizational and leadership skills, and a commanding presence. He also has a stellar reputation, and his myriad of life experiences and the people he has worked with make him the perfect fit for us and our fans. I feel extremely fortunate and could not be more excited for Colts Nation and the future of our franchise."

“We are excited to have Frank Reich as our new head coach,” said Colts general manager Chris Ballard. “Frank is a leader of men who will demand excellence from our players on and off the field. I look forward to working with Frank to deliver a championship-caliber team to the city of Indianapolis.”

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Official: Colts Hire Frank Reich as their New HC - Signs Five Year Deal