Official: Colts Hire Frank Reich as their New HC - Signs Five Year Deal

Frank Reich agrees to become next Colts head coach

facebook_icon.svg  
  twitter_icon.svg  
  email_icon.svg  

• By Austin Knoblauch NFL.com
  • Published: Feb. 11, 2018 at 03:21 p.m.
  • Updated: Feb. 11, 2018 at 04:13 p.m.

One of the guiding forces behind the Philadelphia Eagles' Super Bowl victory will be the next head coach of the Indianapolis Colts.

Eagles offensive coordinator Frank Reich agreed to a five-year deal Sunday to become the Colts' head coach, a source informed of the talks between the sides told NFL Network's Mike Garafolo. Indy's decision wraps up a whirlwind coaching search for the Colts after New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels withdrew from an announced agreement to become the team's head coach on Tuesday.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Reich is scheduled to fly to Indianapolis tonight, per a source informed of the situation, and sign the five-year deal.

Reich, 56, emerged as the favorite for the job after meeting with Colts general manager Chris Ballard on Friday. The Colts also interviewed New Orleans Saints assistant head coach/tight ends Dan Campbell and Buffalo Bills defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier.

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

3 minutes ago, JoeF said:

Frank Reich or Josh McDaniels?  I think I would take Frank.  Josh may be a better offensive strategist but Frank is a better leader hands down.

...Frank is a humble gentleman....Josh is......Josh.....reminds me of McShay.....both have VERY high opinions of THEMSELVES....just ask 'em..............

• Like (+1) 1

Congratulations to Frank.

For the Colts, it seems to me that the lines of the Stones song are quite apt "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you might just find, you get what you need".

Now and then, you just get a feeling about someone, that they are the right guy for the job, and I've thought that Frank would make a good HC for a few years now. Providing it's not at the Bills expense, I hope he proves me right. ;)