Official: Colts Hire Frank Reich as their New HC - Signs Five Year Deal

Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

You're assuming that Irsay has a brain.  To quote Dorothy, "What would you do with a brain if you had one?"  Frank Reich checks all the boxes.  

Not really.  Reich is such an unknown.  Frank has very little control experience.  What I mean by that, is that in both spots he was an OC, he was just an accessory and not the main guy.

The one thing that was so great about McDermott is that he was given a lot of freedom in Carolina.  I think that showed right away.  Everything is so calculated and tight shipped.

Indy needs someone who is going to come in and demand control.  I fear that Reich will be too robin and not enough batman.

11 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

This doesn't make Indy a "Shhh!t Show"...   Not in my mind anyway.  It reflects badly on McDaniels, not Irsay.  

You're right...whats wrong with an organization with an owner who's a drunk, a banged up franchise QB who may not be the same again, no running game, no offensive line, a weak defense, while having to play the upstart Jags and Texans twice a year each..

Yeaaa...they're in good shape.

• 1:26 PM ET
    • Adam Schefter
    • Chris Mortensen

Frank Reich has emerged as the favorite to become the new head coach of the Indianapolis Colts, who are hoping to hire the Philadelphia Eagles offensive coordinator once they have negotiated a signed, sealed and delivered contract, league sources told ESPN.

Colts general manager Chris Ballard finished an intensive round of interviews Saturday with Buffalo Bills defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier. Reich was interviewed Friday, and New Orleans Saints assistant head coach/tight ends coach Dan Campbell was interviewed Thursday.

The Colts renewed their search for a coach when New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels backed out of an agreement in principle after the team announced Tuesday that he would be introduced at a news conference Wednesday.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

On 2/7/2018 at 8:54 AM, KGun12TD said:

The Colts are becoming a complete "Shhh!t Show" of an organization. If I'm Frank, I would wait one more year for a better gig.

Outside of the Bill Polian era that organization has been a hot mess since moving from Baltimore

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Outside of the Bill Polian era that organization has been a hot mess since moving from Baltimore

Was listening to Polian the other day. First, he spoke up both Reich and Frazier for the job (Reich a bit more enthusiastically), then he basically how bad off the Colts are. Not saying Reich should wait and not take it, but that th Colts have virtually nothing other than Luck and are likely to be last in the division until they can completely turn over the roster.

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to The Colts Should Hire Frank Reich as their New HC - Reported as the Favorite

Whoever the new HD coach is I'll be rooting for the new coach to succeed (except when they play us).  That was such a Josh McDaniels thing to do.  Hopefully Luck is ready to go next year as the league is better with him playing.

39 minutes ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

Was listening to Polian the other day. First, he spoke up both Reich and Frazier for the job (Reich a bit more enthusiastically), then he basically how bad off the Colts are. Not saying Reich should wait and not take it, but that th Colts have virtually nothing other than Luck and are likely to be last in the division until they can completely turn over the roster.

....the Colts having nothing but Luck might make them more likely to trade their pick to us imo :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

Colts would be fools not to get a deal done..but that Saints job might really interest him since Payton looks to be on thin ice there..I think once Brees retires,SP will hit the road.

Why would any coach play the waiting game, especially for the Saints? 

The Colts have a young star QB right now and the ability to draft another if they so choose.

Reich would need his head examined if he turned down the Colts to wait for a very much unguaranteed job with another organization.

Edited by Binghamton Beast