Colts to interview Leslie Frazier for HC

YoloinOhio

This would suck, I've always liked Frazier as a DC. With McD and Frazier our defense is extremely well coached from top to bottom. I think the reason for the drop in sacks is because we have nobody to rush the passer. Hughes is all we have and he had a down year, Frazier is a good DC.

Frazier is a good DC but would be a very uninspired HC choice for the Colts.  And they'd need to hire a strong OC because he would delegate that entire aspect of coaching.  So they may as well just give the job to an offensive-minded up-and-comer.  Frankly, Daboll would be a better hire for them at this point...

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Not that type of cooking....RV in the middle of the desert type of cooking.   Any recipe for that?

I would still probably go with that pork dip. It is next level good. If you are in the mood for Meth, I’d suggest just buying it. It’s too much work. Be a middle man.

1 minute ago, Lofton80 said:

Frazier is a good coach and very well spoken. I am sure Dungey will give him an endorsement as well. I would think Reich or Schwarz would be in a good position after Sunday.

Schwarz’s D = 613 yards of offense and no punts on Sunday 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

The issue here being that Irsay is a moron and people don't want to flush their careers down the toilet working for that pill-popper. 

I agree but I think it was more the timing of his decision than the decision itself. McDaniels apologists blame the rule about when and how you can interview during the playoffs and if only he had more time to meet with the Colts. I don’t believe that. He knew who the colts were. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I agree but I think it was more the timing of his decision than the decision itself. McDaniels apologists blame the rule about when and how you can interview during the playoffs and if only he had more time to meet with the Colts. I don’t believe that. He knew who the colts were. 

Oh, i wasn't talking about McDaniels, I was referring to all the possible second-choice candidates and how likely it is that they be willing to leave to coach for that organization. I dislike McDaniels (because Patriots) and it's a bad look for him, but it DOES look to me like they announced a press conference to move things along and pressure him to sign when they thought he might be wavering.

For McDaniels it's simply an awful move - he screwed over those poor coaches who signed with the colts already. This move ensured that owners won't trust him to hire him and coaches won't come work for him. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, dneveu said:

They hired Matt Eberflus to be their D-coordinator already, so me-thinks they want to go offense.  Could very well be a rooney rule interview.  

They actually already fulfilled the Rooney Rule earlier in the search. But I agree they will likely go offense, or even ST (Toub).