Josh McDaniels Withdraws from Colts' HC Job

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

What the agent meant was josh McDaniels was making the biggest mistake of his agents life. 

Well he represents Reich as well so the interview is forthcoming. He also represents Frazier which is why he probably fed that to Rapaport last night to tweet him out as an option. Plus the articles coming out about how he never signed anything and just couldn’t move his family etc. He’s trying to recoup his image right now that the Colts are still ok and McDaniels did what he had to do. 

Imo he will not succeed as an NFL head coach.  I dont believe he has the people skills to build a winning team.  Say what you wish about Bill but he built a legacy so he can do things a certain way.  I think Bill is actually a genuine guy.  He sticks to his word and players know where they stand with him.  Im curious to see if Bill was the one who approached Josh or if it was Kraft?  If Kraft was the one to offer him the job in waiting that is another situation where Bill's authority will be undermined.  The whole sit down that is looming with Kraft, Bill, and Brady adds the leverage to Kraft who is going to side with Brady.  By having his disciples leave for jobs Bill would have entered that meeting with at least his services being the leverage.  Josh is going to be a large factor in that meeting.  I would not be surprised if in the coming weeks Bill retires.  In a year or two resurfaces and is coaching for a different organization.  

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's really about the assistants IMO.   He apparently got guys to uproot their families, move to Indianapolis, and start sweating, on their trust in his word that he was taking the gig.

It's fair enough for McD to be leary of Irsay, but then keep his talks with assistants on the "if I do this...are you interested?" level, don't be definite to your men when you're still a waffle between the ears.  That's not a leader.

I agree.. just a very weird thing IMO. The pats had already stated who they were going to name new OC and DC.  So I wonder if they were caught by surprise too. (Yes they had tried but probably thought it had failed by the time he changed his mind.) 

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Spoken like a Pats Fan.   Collusion, tampering, cowardice? 

Wow! Tampering? How again it was their employee. Collusion? In what? Really colluding to do what? Keep himas an OC? That's not collusion it's business. 

Cowardice .. I think your just throwing crap against the wall see anything sticks.

19 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Wow! Tampering? How again it was their employee. Collusion? In what? Really colluding to do what? Keep himas an OC? That's not collusion it's business. 

One has to wonder how the Rooney Rule will play out after the Pats* name McDaniels* HC once Belicheck* leaves.

Oh, wait. It's NE*. I'm sure Goodell will overlook it for his buddy.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, PirateHookerMD said:

What a scumbag. Hope he gets blackballed. Poor colts left without a dance partner and embarrassed 2nd choice coaching hire. 

I hear ya, but I don't feel bad for Irsay. 

52 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

whats laughable is Josh McDaniels giving 3 guys his word he was going to be the coach, them changing their entire lives around, and him bagging. That's not really laughable, it's deplorable. 

And what if other guys never even looked at new gigs cause Joshy boy promised them gigs on his staff. Rappoport reported that as late as yesterday morning he was offering guys jobs on his staff. 

Despicable human being.

This!

15 hours ago, napmaster said:

Yes, he is a scumbag.  It was a scumbag move when BB did it to the Jets too.  Birds of a feather flock together.

Yes, cheated on many occasions.  That franchise will always be tainted.

Stop feeding the troll!!! Just ignore!!!

Look, Patriots fans are happy, as they should be, because they get to keep their OC.  I absolutely get it.

However, and I know some of you Pats fans are in here (and honestly most of you guys really aren't offensive and do keep to the rules of the Board, which is appreciated), but nationally as a group it is funny how tone-deaf some of you are to HOW DOUCHEY this move is or looks.

It's not jealousy because you guys win a whole lot (and you guys win a TON), and I have admitted previously, in my opinion, that Tom Brady is the greatest QB of all time.  

It's really just that you guys translate the above into unwarranted entitlement and as beneficiaries of a "free pass" for douchey-ness.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

This guy is so overrated anyway.

I can’t wait until he is HC for the Pats.  It will be fun to flip the script and start sweeping them every year.

Just listened to the first 20 minutes or so of EEI this morning. The one guy was “ that’s it, end of the dynasty “ and went on to kill McDaniels and his record, as well as his ethics. Maybe this is a great thing for the Bills 

• Like (+1) 1

This will prompt another rule change by the league.  The only reason this happened is that McDaniels couldn't formally sign while Pats* were still in the playoffs.  That rule already puts teams waiting on these assistants in the waiting penalty box.  Now that Kraft pulled another shady move on another franchise, I expect the other owners to address this.

Kraft better believe that karma doesn't exist

58 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Cowardice .. I think your just throwing crap against the wall see anything sticks.

Why not.  Irrational Pats fans do it all the time. 

Bellyache and Krafty had a 4 hour meeting with McNumbnuts to "convince him to stay". 

How much more $ did they offer him? 

Did they guarantee him the HC job?

Did they do this to screw over the Colts? 

He burned more bridges than he knows by backing out.   He made his manager look like an asshat.